Start by marking “Rubicon -- A Fantasy Short Story Collection: The Unclean, The God's Eye, Wayward Scribe” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  2 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Decisions can be dangerous. In worlds where mages, assassins, and usurpers run rampant, your next move might be your last.

This fantasy short story collection contains three tales of characters whose fates are forever altered by passing a point of no return:

The Unclean (3,200 words)
The God’s Eye (5,000 words)
Wayward Scribe (2,700 words)
Published September 15th 2011 by WaywardScribe Press (first published September 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Rubicon -- A Fantasy Short Story Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rubicon -- A Fantasy Short Story Collection

Nyssa
Nice! I liked this collection; each story was better than the last.

The Unclean - 3 stars: This reminded me of Aesop's Fables, with a predictable "moral of the story" type ending.

The God's Eye - 4 stars: I liked the main character, and would love to see her in a novel or series of her own. Unfortunately, the cliche in the final scene tarnished this story, a little, for me.

Wayward Scribe - 5 stars: This was my favorite of the group! While the main character couldn't carry a novel on his own, I w
Kathy
Jan 23, 2012
Papaya
marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2012
Jacquelyn Smith is an indie fantasy author from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In addition to the contest-winning fantasy short stories The Unclean and The God's Eye, she is also the author of the World of Lasniniar epic fantasy series:

Light Chasers -- A Novel of Lasniniar (Book 0)
Legacy Hunter -- A Tale of Lasniniar (Book 0.75)
Soul Seeker -- A Novel of Lasniniar (Book 1)
Shadow Stalker -- A Tale of Las