Start by marking “StoryBranding: Creating Stand-Out Brands Through The Power of Story” as Want to Read:
StoryBranding: Creating Stand-Out Brands Through The Power of Story

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

StoryBranding: Creating Stand-Out Brands Through The Power of Story

Why would a 30-year advertising verteran claim that most advertising is a waste of money?

Note: This is the first edition of the award-winning, best selling book on branding. See the updated version StoryBranding 2.0, published in March 2014, as this one will soon be out of print.

Having worked on many famous brands as an advertising executive, Jim Signorelli has found that
Hardcover, First Edition, 296 pages
Published February 25th 2014 by Greenleaf Book Group Press (first published December 15th 2011)

Jim Signorelli
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Oops..hit star button by mistake. I'm the author.
Nick Montgomery
As a follow-up read to Scott Straten's "Unmarketing", I found some similarities between these two otherwise-unrelated books.

Both writers emphasize the importance of forging a connection with your audience/potentials. The difference with Jim's book "Storybranding" being that he offers a way to help find those "female-end" values that a business already stands for that will forge an emotional connection with the "male-end" values of the prospect client. I use female and male in that order only be
William Brophy
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this now if in marketing!

This book made complete sense to me. Telling the story of your customer in ads for your products and services is much better than just touting your benefits and features. Read this book for Jim's awesome method!
Chris
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, self-growth
Good book with some good actionable items. Definitely a book too go through more than once.
ellie chun
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This books provides many actionable plans for branding and marketing. A Very great book
Billy
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
I thought I would expand my reading by signing up to review this book from GreenLeaf Book Group Press, whom kindly sent me a complimentary copy. After viewing the ridiculous high priced Super Bowl commercials, I flipped opened StoryBranding without any other knowledge on marketing. The book is in nonprofessional’s terms, along with a few quirky diagrams, so you do not have to be a marketing genius to understand it. Jim Signorelli’s view of marketing is simpler than you may think.

In today’s eco
Tony Parsons
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In academia its simple you write (APA, MLA) because you have to for the class assignment/professor, get a good grade, pass the class, receive your financial aid &/or get it published in a journal & graduate (under/grad/PhD student). Pretty simple huh, wait till a professor/review board accuses you of plagiarism.

My favorite quote Tony Hsieh, Zappos CEO “friendly customer rep over the phone.” or better yet someone that speaks closer to your own language (outsourced).

Even when you go to a
Bruce Sarte
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A lot of people hear the word MARKETING and heave a huge sigh of pain. It doesn’t have to be like that – and Jim Signorelli’s StoryBranding: Creating Stand-Out Brands Through the Power of Story takes it all together and boils it down to something that anyone can understand whether you are a marketing guy or simply someone who has something that they think people will want.

Jim takes the idea of marketing and copywriting and turns it into a brilliant and creative exercise. Using several tried and
Tim Calkins
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jim Signorelli is right on target when he writes that great brands are based on compelling stories. People don't remember facts and figures, they remember compelling tales.

Understanding the story of your brand is a top priority. In this book, the author argues persuasively that it is worth devoting time to identify your brand story.

So overall I enjoyed the book.

My primary frustration: there are no concrete examples. I wanted to see how he used his frameworks to drive results on real brands. But
Jason Carter
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I really enjoyed this business book. It's not about "how to tell a story about your business," but *why* and *how* story-telling is an appropriate metaphor for business marketing.

Signorelli defines 'story' as "A narrative about a character dealing with an obstacle to achieve some important goal." He provides a framework he calls the 'Six Cs' to work through a business' marketing through the storytelling structure.

Finally, he provides 12 archetypal characters to help interpret the most powerful t
Sherry
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a good book for anyone trying to creat a brand. Even if the brand is just yourself.

Anyone in marketing should read this. It talks about how to use stories to creat a relationship between the brand and the customer. Once a relationship is formed the customer will most likely continue buying that brand for a lifetime.

This book walks you through the process of writing the brands story. It tells you why each step is important and how to do it.

I learned a lot from this book. Before reading
Linda Leon
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jim Signorelli's book is an outstanding presentation in learing to create your brand by the story you create in the marketplace. Everyone has a specific story that is being generated by their business whether they are aware of it or not. Signorelli's make you aware of the type of story that you are creating and how to exploit that for building a solid business with loyal followers that will commit to your brand long term. The book is easy to read, yet detailed in explanations and has chapter rev ...more
Lawson Hembree
StoryBranding offers a nice fresh take on the marketing process. Jim encourages creatives and executives to work together to understand the core of a brand and how they plays out in product/service features. By using the avenue of story, brands can attempt to align their core and actions with consumers' cores and action, leading to a deep "Level IV" connection.
Kathryn Harriet
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I had hoped it would be. It was both detailed and concise in laying out, explaining, and exemplifying the mechanics of StoryBranding. I borrowed it from the local library but I will be buying my own copy for my own business library.
Colette Campbell
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Business books are often dry and hard not to put down, but this one is different. Well worth a read if you are in business.
Adam
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite an excellent book for anyone who creates content or works with building a brand identity for a company through the use of story.
Marguerite Darlington
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it

There's good info in this book, but it's definitely padded. If you are a marketing professional, you can skip right to chapter 8. Great techniques for coming up with resonant campaigns.
Pat Doyle
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it
People don't listen to ads, but they do to stories.
Becca
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Ueeful ideas for teaching media literacy to students.
Leslie
Oct 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Interesting look at promotion; some very valid points made. This would be a good addition to the Library.
Heidi King
Mar 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Winded
Randy Rohn
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Interesting study about the power of storytelling in our lives--in business, in marketing and how we relate to others. Anyone who wants to communicate effectively, has to read this book.
Wes
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Clear and insightful, this book is a deceptively easy read. Jim's advice sticks in your head and calls out to you to re-read this book. A must read for any marketer today.
John R Naugle
Nov 15, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: favorite
The intro video sold me on the book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKscu... [I am looking forward to reading this]
Renee Rubin Ross
Dee Patience
rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Lead with a Story: A Guide to Crafting Business Narratives That Captivate, Convince, and Inspire
  • Story Proof: The Science Behind the Startling Power of Story
  • Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead: What Every Business Can Learn from the Most Iconic Band in History
  • Transformational Speaking: If You Want to Change the World, Tell a Better Story
  • Winning the Story Wars: Why Those Who Tell (and Live) the Best Stories Will Rule the Future
  • The Leader's Guide to Storytelling: Mastering the Art and Discipline of Business Narrative
  • Persuasive Copywriting: Using Psychology to Influence, Engage and Sell
  • The Power of Story : Rewrite Your Destiny in Business and in Life
  • Whoever Tells the Best Story Wins: How to Use Your Own Stories to Communicate with Power and Impact
  • Primitive Business Tools For Success: Checklists, Cheatsheets & How To Use Them (PrimitiveBusiness.com #3)
  • Why She Buys: The New Strategy for Reaching the World's Most Powerful Consumers
  • Ask More, Get More: How to Earn More, Save More, and Live More... Just by Asking
  • The Art of Woo: Using Strategic Persuasion to Sell Your Ideas
  • Gotham Writers' Workshop Fiction Gallery
  • Unstuck: A Tool for Yourself, Your Team, and Your World
  • Kellogg on Branding: The Marketing Faculty of the Kellogg School of Management
  • Angel Astrology 101: Discover the Angels Connected with Your Birth Chart
  • Monster Loyalty: How Lady Gaga Turns Followers into Fanatics
Jim Signorelli is a marketing thought leader and speaker who has been acclaimed as one of the world's foremost experts on the subject of StoryBranding.

Signorelli's articles and interviews have been featured in magazines, newspapers, and on radio talk shows throughout the United, States, Canada and Europe. His career has been spent working at major advertising advertising agencies throughout the U.
“Marketing shouldn't feel like marketing. It should feel like a story.” 0 likes
“In the end, values such as trust, confidence, status, security, and innovation are much stronger purchase motivators, regardless of any facts that support product superiority.” 0 likes