Start by marking “Deadpool Classic, Vol. 6” as Want to Read:
Deadpool Classic, Vol. 6

Deadpool Classic, Vol. 6 (Deadpool Classic #6)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  407 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
What happens when Deadpool crosses paths with royalty? Watch the madness unfold as the Merc with a Mouth fi nds out what it's like to cavort with two of Marvel's mightiest monarchs - of the Asgardian and Wakandan variety - as well as hanging with some crooked cronies more befitting his ill-mannered ilk. Guest-starring Thor, Loki, the Black Panther,Constrictor, Taskmaster a ...more
Published February 1st 2012 by Marvel (first published January 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Deadpool Classic, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadpool Classic, Vol. 6

Aaron
Feb 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
Oof. Where to start with this thing? It seems like we owe Christopher Priest for a ton of the persistent problems Deadpool books suffer from to this very day. To be fair, Priest was following Joe Kelly, the man who made Deadpool a character worth reading, who humanized an insane cartoon character to a point where we actually cared about him. Priest had some pretty big shoes to fill, but I wish he hadn't filled them with piles of shit.

First of all, this is Ground Zero for Deadpool "knowing" he's
Sesana
Oct 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
This is Priest's entire run on Deadpool, thank goodness. It isn't horrible, but Kelly was a very tough act to follow on Deadpool, and Priest isn't quite up to the task. The storyline he goes with (and it is essentially one overly long storyline) goes past zany and weird to confused and unfocused. There's also a crossover with Black Panther that would probably require background reading to fully understand what's going on with that character. (And Black Panther? One of the oddest characters to ch ...more
Adelaide Metzger
I know, I know. If you see ME give a Deadpool Classic volume 3 stars then there is either something wrong with my love for Wade Wilson, or this one didn't meet the Deadpool criteria. Well, as it turns out this volume isn't as...eminent as the other 5 volumes, (I was going to say "Deadpoolish" but no matter what the writer or artist, everyone seems to get the gist of how Wilson is supposed to behave).
Here's the thing, Joe Kelly (creator of Wade Wilson) stopped writing them at volume 5. So this
James Beach
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
So glad to read this was Priest's only stint with Deadpool. This comes off as the first inkling of what the random internet troll thinks Deadpool is. Poorly delivered quips and a non-sensual story, not long removed from the height of dialog and story in Deadpool, and maybe in comics in general. No offense to the guy, haven't read his work to my knowledge, but he seems like his kid told him about Deadpool in ten words and he rolled with that. The only thing that saves it from garbage territory ar ...more
Heather
Mar 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Joe Kelly is a tough act to follow, but I gave Priest a chance and now I wish I hadn't. There are very few jokes in this issue that aren't incredibly tactless and offensive (and not in the good way). This is one of the first times meta is really used in the comic and it's terribly poor. I almost don't want to continue reading, but I will because I hate to leave something unfinished.
Kristen
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
At the very least, a lesson learned from reading this: just because you're openly self-aware that you're writing poorly doesn't make your writing any more enjoyable to read. Or funny. (Emphasis on the latter.)
Nick
Deadpool Classic, Vol. 6 is an 11 issue Deadpool tale told by Christopher Priest of Black Panther fame. The infamous Merc with a mouth is once again down on his luck until he meets Loki who curses Deadpool to look like actor Thom Cruz. No matter how hard he tries Pool is stuck with this beautiful face. Oh the horror! Deadpool moves in with a few new roommates, Titania and Constrictor, and this relationship is the forcing function that closes out this Deapool adventure.

There were a few good momen
Marcela
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a significant improvement on the rambling mess that was Kelly's run, but like so many comics from this era, filled with homophobic and transphobic jokes. I counted five in one issue alone. Overall, a much faster and more cohesive read than the last, but these Classic volumes continue to show me that Deadpool has really come a long way from gross beginnings.
Sana
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Such a disappointing follow up to Joe Kelly’s run. The characterisation of Deadpool is just off and the plot is weak. I’m not even going to bother reading #46 through to #69 and instead skip to Cable & Deadpool, which hurts me because I wanted to read Deadpool from start to finish but I can’t deal with this writing or art.
pianogal
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
The first half of this book was good. The back half with Black Panther was blah. I really don't care about all those people. Just DP please.
Erik Klemm
Jul 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Contains the complete Priest run of Deadpool. First person to take over after the legendary Joe Kelly run. Not my favorite all time Deadpool run by any stretch of the imagination, but works for what it is as a follow up post Kelly. The run come full circle and can be read as a stand alone book from anything before or after it, and contains dozens of insider references to later 90's world of comics, most pertaining to Priest long history of having books he worked on ax'ed while he was writing. It ...more
J.
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
After 33 issues, Deadpool is handed off to a new writer. Unfortunately, Priest's Deadpool just isn't as fun as Kelly's. I can't even particularly put my finger on what I didn't like. There's some good guest appearances (Loki, Taskmaster) and some bad (a spoof of Lobo--really?). There are some good flashbacks, even if they're a little out of character at times. I love the new roommate thing, and I can't say that the series isn't funny. But it's just missing something. I've racked my brain--when I ...more
Chris Lemmerman
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
A departure from Joe Kelly left the door open for Christopher Priest, who steps into the writer shoes and hands Deadpool his own brand of complete insanity. This is a consistently decent trade with a nice variation in storylines, and feels quite complete as a whole since all the plotlines are resolved to leave room for the next writer to come on board. I was surprised that the series remained enjoyable after Joe Kelly left, though for different reasons overall.
Tommy
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Priest's final run as the Deadpool writer was pretty decent. Saw a lot more 'breaking the 4th wall' that Deadpool has come to be known for. I still thought the stories were a bit scattered and weak at times and, as much as I love Black Panther, I don't think they integrated all of the characters well and I spent much of the 2 issue crossover trying to figure out who was who. Deadpool is still an amusing and interesting character but just don't think it's written horribly well.
Ondra Král
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Tohle bylo hodně hodně špatné. Zápletky co nedávají pořádně smysl, recyklování stejných "vtipů" (Za těch 11 sešitů DP snad sedmkrát řekne "Answer to your first question is Shaddup") a další zrůdnosti (WTF plot s Deadpoolovým obličejem). A aby toho nebylo málo, je tu i týmovka s Lobem (jako fakt, asi 3 sešity DP bojuje s/proti Lobovi).
1,5*
Anne
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
"Everybody's insane, but only some of us are good at it."

The question of whether Deadpool is good at being insane or great at being sane is officially open, since he's figured out he's a comic book character. Plus Black Panther, The Avengers, and an epic space battle!
Jimmy Corvan
Apr 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Thankfully, with the changing of authors comes the end of the classic Deadpool series. It's started to taper off in quality and substance but I'll look forward to a new Deadpool series. Probably just jump right into Cable and Deadpool.
Johnathon
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Awesome as always, Deadpool. Not as great as the Kelly era, of course, but still great.
Frans Karlsson
May 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-deadpool
A weird Deadpool trip with Loki being his father, Black Panther, Titania and Constrictor as roomies and a space journey.
B
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
What can I say?

I still like it. A letdown from the Joe Kelly run and a step back in many ways . . . Star of this book is the Constrictor.
Traci Cohen
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
That was - weird. Not in a good or bad way, but just weird. I can't say I was a fan of the Loki's curse thing, but I liked the Constrictor and Titania thing.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
Mike
Sep 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
See Aaron's review for why I avoid this stinker.
Labyrinth
Ehh...the story about Deadpool being Loki's son was mildly entertaining, but overall I'm not impressed with the shift in writers.
Nevena
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Storyline made no sense, but then again, nothing about Deadpool does. The first part was amusing, the second part wasn't as much. I liked the 'silent' issue.
Alessandra
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I wish Death was more present (physically), but as always, Deadpool never fails to make me laugh :)
Aurora Román
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
As a new deadpool reader, this was funny and I'm exited to read more about him.
Joe Wygocki
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Volume 2: Special Relationship
  • Deadpool: Dracula's Gauntlet
  • Marvel Universe: The End
  • Deadpool vs. Thanos
  • Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #4 (Before Watchmen: Nite Owl, #4)
  • Deadpool Corps, Volume 2: You Say You Want A Revolution
  • Catwoman, Vol. 8: Crime Pays
  • Avengers/Defenders War
  • Deadpool Volume 1
  • Deadpool: Sins of the Past
  • Uncanny X-Force, Volume 6:  Final Execution, Book 1
Formerly known as Jim or James Owsley.

Christopher James Priest is a critically acclaimed novelist and comic book writer. Priest is the first African-American writer and editor for Marvel and DC Comics. His groundbreaking Black Panther series was lauded by Entertainment Weekly and The Village Voice and will serve as the basis for the 2018 Marvel Cinematic Universe adaption.

Besides Black Panther, Pr
More about Christopher J. Priest

Deadpool Classic (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 1