Start by marking “The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)

The Lost Prince

(The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  24,862 ratings  ·  2,373 reviews
Don’t look at Them.
Never let Them know
you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—
Published October 23rd 2012 by Harlequin Teen

Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,514 books — 15,726 voters
YA Novels of 2012
1,322 books — 10,696 voters

More lists with this book...

·  24,862 ratings  ·  2,373 reviews

Start your review of The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
OMG! a spinoff of Ethan! I though its Puck. Oh well I know he will be there to guide Ethan plus we see more of Megan and Ash. super excited!
I miss you Puck!
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This book is all about Meghan's little brother, Ethan. Of course, Ethan is a teenager now and he's really cool. =)

I loved that he took Kali in the book because I used to take that before I got sick! I loved it so much and I love that the author added it into the book =)

Ethan can see the Fey, he always could since he was a young boy. He tries his best to ignore them so they won't catch on, but it doesn't work out too good.

He has changed schools several times because of what people think is bad
Lora
Sep 14, 2011 marked it as to-read

YES! This is perfecto! I am as excited as this dog right now. See, I don't want Kagawa to drag things out between Meghan and Ash, I just want them to be happy and that be the end of it. But little Ethan all grown up? Hell yes! I love male POVs!

*excitement*
Soumi
“I can’t stop it. I can’t stop Them from following me. If it was just me that the fey picked on, I’d be okay with that. But someone else always pays for my Sight. Someone else always gets hurt instead of me.” Tearing my gaze from hers, I looked out over the fields. “I’d rather be alone,” I muttered, “then to have to watch that again.”

Do you remember the little boy who was kidnapped by a vicious fey, and his big sister set out a journey to find that kind to a strange and magical place called
Booknut
Feb 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Pre-read review:

ETHAN?!! THAT is ETHAN?!!
Photobucket Photobucket

Wow...*blinks* I guess for some people puberty, umm, brings out the Ash in them! Ethan is quite the specimen of male supremacy there, so I'm pleasantly surprised!

This book is probably going to be brilliant - since it's Julie's :D. I'm looking forward to a little more Puck (and his humour) and maybe even a glimpse or two of Ash *coughs guiltily*. Ok, ok - I get the series is now about Ethan. But a girl can dream, right?!!

Kat Kennedy
Look, last time I knew Ethan he was a five years old. Please tell me I'm not the only one conflicted about the boy on the cover! I almost didn't want to read this book because I kept expecting Chris Hansen to come in and tell me to take a seat.

Then I'd be like, "I swear! He's sixteen! I just READ about him when he was five! He's totally of age now!"

crying girl

Then I'd cry dramatically JUST like this.

But, facts are facts, folks. Ethan's aged like a fine brandy if brandy had washboard abs and a butt built
Dorreh
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
The words mildly entertaining come to mind. This is a fun and quick read, but I think I liked Meghan's original story way more.
Rimsha Salam
Check out my blogs for more reviews and book stuff: http://ramblingsofabookworm3.blogspot...

Yay!!!

Can't wait !!!

Edit:
Omg Omg the title is Iron prince meaning little Ethan is going to be an Iron prince! soooo cute <3

Edit: Name changed from Iron Prince to Lost prince ....
Omg is that Ethan on the cover!!! how did he get so big ....... dreamy !!!

Edit: just finished it and OMG ! what a book i don't think i will survive another book Ash, Puck,Ethan and
Steph Sinclair

Actual rating: 4.5 stars.

Show of hands. How many of you were worried about Kagawa returning to the Nevernever with a spin-off of an already successful series? *raises hand* I mean, let's think about this for a minute. The Iron Knight concluded and it seemed everything was "happy happy, joy joy," right? But then there were whisperings in the wind of a spin-off and I found myself saying, "What?! NOOO! NO, Julie! I forbid it! Ya hear?!" At the time the saying "Don't beat a dead horse" was
❋ Sylvia ❋
I have just finished reading Ash and Meghan's story and fell deeply in love with these characters, all of them! The Iron Knight had me in tears, especially the last paragraph, I don't know if it was because it was goodbye, knowing I won't be captured anymore by these characters and their quests, but it left me with a hole in my heart, a void that needs to be filled, but when I saw she was coming out with a spin off my heart beat a million times faster! can not wait for this series to come out!

Sandra
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
MY REACTION AFTER READING THE BOOK

[image error]

[image error]

Yep! I have fallen crazy in love with this book. I mean I already know Julie Kagawa has a wicked imagination and writing skills but this book exceeded my expectations. Although the The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten share the same world as the Iron Fey series this has an entirely new flavor and excitement to it.

Want to know why?

Read on!

THE GIST

Ethan Chase always had the Sight. Even as a little kid he always had the ability to
Kristalia
Final rating: 4.5/5 stars
Final rating - for the whole series: 4~4.25/5 stars

First things first. THIS BOOK WAS THE BEST IRON FEY BOOK EVER (well, depends xD it rivals with the Iron Queen)!!!!! Why is that? Because I couldn’t stop reading, I loved all of the characters, the story and most of all – there was no love triangle – VICTORY!!!

And look at this beautiful cover

I have one thing to say to the future readers: if you have read Iron’s prophecy then you have probably spoiled yourself in a way
Whitney
You can see this review on my blog here. c:

First off, spoilers ahead! If you haven't read The Iron Fey series, I suggest you just step away from the review. ._.

The Lost Prince is about Meghan Chase's little brother--whom we all know him from TIF series as the one who got kidnapped and brought to the Nevernever in The Iron King--and he's changed. A. Lot. Then when his half-breed Phouka friend goes missing, and sightings of mysterious creepy Fey suddenly spring up, Ethan has to get involved in
Ava
ARC supplied by NetGalley and Harlequin Teen in exchange for an honest review.

3.5

THE LOST PRINCE.

What can I say about this book? When I was approved for the ARC, I nearly passed out. I kid you not; I chucked my iTouch across the room where it hit the wall and fell on Kipper, who was luckily so focused on my excitement he completely ignored it.

I grabbed my Nook, plugged it into my laptop, and had a teenage angst attack for about fifteen minutes when I couldn't remember how to drag the file to my
Maria V. Snyder
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed being back in the Iron Fey world! Ethan is a complex character that has a lot of emotional stuff going on - I liked being in his POV - although at times it was too much angst and I wanted to shake him - but those were few and far between. I'll definitely read the next book!
Blythe
This review contains spoilers for the Iron Fey series. You've been warned.

It's no secret that I absolutely love Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey, and it remains as one of my favorite YA series of all time. However, despite my love for the Iron Fey series, I went into The Lost Prince with slight trepidation for two reasons: reason one being that spin-offs rarely work out well for me, and, at its worst, only end up tarnishing my views of the original series, and reason two being that it's gotten reviews
Phrynne
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
It has taken me a while to get around to reading this Iron Fey spin off series but I am glad I did. I enjoyed reading about the grown up Ethan and his troubles and also meeting Ash, Puck and Meghan again. The author has conveniently arranged that all of her fey characters reach a certain age and then cease getting older so our heroes from the previous series are still teenagers. A clever move! I look forward to finding out how she organises for Ethan to not become as old as his own sister's ...more
Saniya
Nov 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
The cat. The God-damn cat.
Official book trailer!^

Ohkay thats it! I feel like an old grandma here. I am saving Ethan and Prince Keirran for my children to fan-girl over about now.
Since I have already given my heart and soul to Ash and Puck.

*Out of the fan-club of Team Ethan or Keirran.*

And did I mention that they both have their own girlfriends to actually care about us dying to be their imaginary girlfriend? Nope. They didn't even think about that. How
Riv
Nov 10, 2011 rated it liked it
(My thoughts as the book was coming out are below.)
(I will hopefully be writing a real review at some point.)

I was actually pretty disappointed. I'm sure it was more enjoyable for new readers but, as an avid fan, a lot was predictable. No, correction: Not even as an avid fan. Just by reading The Iron Knight, I was able to guess at a bunch of the spoilers early on.
Also, Ethan was a bit too broody for me. And some of the other characters were a bit annoying, like Todd, or flat, like Kenzie. There
Mary
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really..?! Julie Kagawa..?! OMG..!

Hahaha, now it's Ethan's turn.. *so excited
Can't hardly wait..No that's wrong..I can't wait any longer..8 months of torture waiting..WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! Hope to see Ash, Megan and Puck. PUCK..! I hope in this book together with Ethan he will find a girl that will love him unconditionally and he also loves her *praying for it to happen.

But then again this is perfect, I really really want to read more stories with a guy's POV. And Ethan all grown up..this is
Roobie
4 stars

I would not worry about that, mortal.

No one ever leaves the Nevernever completely sane.

I missed this world!
Ash is still a babe. Puck is still adorkable. And grumpy Ethan and awesome Kenzie make it easy to love them.
Can't wait for more.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
When the release of The Lost Prince was announced, I didn’t quite know what to think about it. In ninety percent of the cases, a spin-off isn’t the best idea an author can have and it ends up disappointing the fans. While I wasn’t the biggest fan of The Iron Fey in the world, I still enjoyed the series and I didn’t want it ruined in some sad attempt to milk the cash cow. Now, after reading the first book, I’m very excited that Ethan’s (and I suppose Keirran’s) story is being told.

As usual, what
Taschima
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Does anybody else feel a little weird/perverted to have the hots for Ethan? I remember reading The Iron King and imagining a little cute boy, and now he is the boy in the cover, and he is hot, but I still can remember that little boy... confusing, a little bit perverted, but oh so good. He has grown up into a fine frame of a man.
~Tina~
"This is the Iron Realm," I told her. "It's still Faery, just a different flavor of crazy."

Ethan Chase isn't new when it comes to the whole faery existence. His sister is the Iron Queen after all and he's been able to see them since he was a child which has been nothing but trouble.
Making sure to use every trick in the book so not to attract their attention and play the part of a rebellious troublemaker to ensure that people don't get to close to him, Ethan is so sick of this tiresome scene.
Cereja Cult
Sep 21, 2011 marked it as to-read
Epic High Five

HECK YEHHHHHHHHH this is what I'm talking about,,,, Can't wait to see what's up with Ethan when he grows up seeing the fey and all,,
Sinead
It was so great to come back to the world of the Iron Fey after Meghan and Ash’s adventure. I knew this was Ethan’s story, and I was so interested to see what his POV would be like and the kind of character he turned into after what happened to him in The Iron King. The last we had seen from him was when he was still the adorable four-year-old you just wanted to protect from everything evil in the world.

That Ethan is long gone. Instead we have 17-year-old Ethan, who is constantly being tormented
♥Rachel♥
Aug 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
2.5 Stars

The Lost Prince was an entertaining adventure, a story that any fan of Kagawa’s Fey series will enjoy.

When we last left off, Ethan Chase was the toddler/younger brother of Meghan Chase, one who also had “The Sight,” in other words, he could see faeries. He has nothing but contempt for the Fey. In his mind they took his sister and have made his everyday life a nightmare. Now at sixteen, Ethan tries to stay out of trouble but with the Fey in his life, this is impossible. He keeps every
Natalie Monroe

"Don’t look at Them.
Never let Them know
you can see Them."

Yeah, I had to do that.

I read this series before I started reviewing consistently, so here are some random thoughts: Puck is awesome; Kagawa writes kickass fight scenes; Puck is awesome; Ethan reads like a believable male teenager; Puck is awesome; the world-building is detailed and gorgeous; and description is lush without going overboard.

Did I mention Puck is awesome?

“Care to join me, Goodfellow?”

“Oh, ice-boy. A moonlight
Haleema
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Beware of spoilers!

This is a 2.5, to be precise.

So as I sat down, ready to start this book, I thought to myself, Dayum. Look at Ethan on the cover! He was a baby when I first started this series. Look at that kid! But may I add that the UK's cover is ten times better! I mean, check this out!

description

Yes, I admit that Ethan grew up to be a fine guy. But is he going to be like Meghan? Is he going to be just as annoying, stupid, and ridiculously laughable like how Meghan was in the first two books? Well,
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
Read This Review & More Like It On My Blog!

The Lost Prince was exactly what I hoped it would be. I devoured it entirely in just one day, unable to stop myself because I was having such a good time back in this unique world, filled with cait sith (and one of my favorite fictional felines of all time -- Grimalkin!), human struggle, humor, and magic. Another winner for this strong author, this series is off to a great start.

"I've also spoken with a talking cat, fought a dragon, and watched the

• Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1)
  • Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1)
  • Ironside (Modern Faerie Tales, #3)
  • Destined (Wings, #4)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2)
  • Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • The Child's Elephant

The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten (3 books)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)
“Care to join me, Goodfellow?”
“Oh, ice-boy. A moonlight stroll with you? Do you even have to ask?”
169 likes
“Huh, another queen,” Puck mused, an evil grin crossing his face. “Maybe we should drop in and introduce ourselves, ice-boy. Do the whole, hey, we were just in the neighborhood, and we were just wondering if you had any plans to take over the Nevernever. Have a fruit basket.” 124 likes