Start by marking “A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts: Stories to Celebrate & Wisdom to Bless Moms” as Want to Read:
A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts: Stories to Celebrate & Wisdom to Bless Moms

A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts: Stories to Celebrate & Wisdom to Bless Moms

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A SCRAPBOOK OF MOTHERHOOD FIRSTS celebrates motherhood milestones in a collection of topics from conception to school days, and recipes to family fun days. With nearly 150 years of collective mothering, Leslie, Trish, Terra, Cathy, and Karen combine common sense, heartfelt advice, and humor to encourage young women in their journey through motherhood. Through tips, stories ...more
Published April 10th 2012 by ACU Press/Leafwood Publishers

To ask other readers questions about A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts

W.
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: w-wei
Review of A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts

This collection of beautifully written nonfiction stories by five celebrated women, Leslie Wilson, Trish Berg, Terra Hangen, Cathy Messecar and Karen Robbins is wise, inspirational, personal and, at the time, touching. The stories told by these authors in the Motherhood Firsts are arranged from Getting the Party Started to Gifts, and finishes with lessons learned. Within each chapter several personal tales are shared, accompanied by words of wisdom, tips
Jenny Sulpizio
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As mothers, we all know how difficult our job can be as we strive to maintain some sort of balance, all while attempting to raise (and nurture) our children in the process. It's tough. It can be chaotic. And sometimes, it can be downright discouraging. Thankfully, this talented group of authors (comprised of super-knowledgeable moms), came together in order to produce "A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts": a beautifully written keepsake that all moms can learn from, laugh with, refer to, and enjoy. ...more
Nicole
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as a "first reads" giveaway. It had such an appealing look to it when I first opened it, I immediately decided to read it gingerly, so that I could gift it to someone later. After a couple chapters, I decided I had to keep it for myself! It's visually attractive, feminine, and written in a style that feels like girlfriends sitting around having coffee together.

I loved the short breaks for giggles throughout the book of "You might be a Mommy if...", and the variation of "If
Terra
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey, I am co-author of this book so won't say too much here. This is a hardcover book with a charming appearance and full color, and it is full of tips and spirit lifters for all moms. Reviewers say you will laugh and maybe wipe away a tear or two, as you read. One reviewer said reading our book is like sitting down for a chat with a friend. Another said it is her "go to" book for baby shower gifts.
Rachel -TeamQhuay-
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mothers to be, First time moms
Recommended to Rachel -TeamQhuay- by: Goodreads
I thought this was an extremely good book(scrap book.)

There is some really good advice here for future first mom's to be.
I enjoyed that they shared their personal stories and what, I'm sure, every first mom, whether through adoption or having a child, fear throughout the pregnancy or adoption process.
I'm sure my pregnant friend who's having her first kid will really enjoy this book. I hope it will help her, honestly. (:
* Sara Johns*
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a great little fun, light-hearted, and educational read. This book is full of cute stories of mothers firsts (hence the title) along with money saving tips, time saving tips, funny things kids say..pretty much anything family related you can think of. I giggled and cried while reading this, but mostly just had a cheesy grin on my face the entire time. Every mother should read this and it would make a great Mother's Day gift (it's getting close).
Jess
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked reading this book, it had a few recipes in the book which is always a fun bonus. The stories in the book were also a good read. I think the book would be nice for anyone to read and it was a quick read also.
Lora
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
A short little book celebrating motherhood. Very cute, with funny and inspiring things that the authors share.
Connie
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
My children are now 18 and older but this book reminded so much things that happened when they were younger. I would recommend this book to other young mothers and even older mothers.
Peggy Martinez
Margaret
JennaMarie
adcl
Christian Authors...: New member intro and my book 2 10 Oct 08, 2013 07:21AM
More about Leslie Wilson...