Start by marking “Iron Man: Hypervelocity” as Want to Read:
Iron Man: Hypervelocity

Iron Man: Hypervelocity (The Invincible Iron Man, Volume I Hypervelocity)

3.36  ·  Rating details ·  147 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
A single, grueling night of high-speed, mechanized mayhem finds Tony Stark and a new, uniquely improved version of the Iron Man armor caught in the crossfire between the bleeding-edge technology of an insurgent mecha subculture and the massed hardware of an elite "cape-killing" paramilitary force. Besieged by ballistic missiles, supersonic jihadi LMDs, seductive viral avat ...more
Published October 10th 2007 by Marvel (first published October 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Iron Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Iron Man

Feather Mista
Oct 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Muchos
Recommended to Feather by: su autor
Creo que, junto a Extremis, este es el mejor comic de Iron Man que jamás haya leído. Y si bien no me hizo más fan del personaje, sí logro hacerme más fan de Adam Warren. El dibujo es más bien normalito, pero se nota que Warren metió mano en los bocetos por la dinámica y la hipervelocidad a la que se refiere el título. Cuando lo vea accesible, seguro lo compro.
Gemma Thomson
May 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Gemma by: John Carter McKnight
"Nicely drawn, a decent plot, and laden with some pretty horrendous dialogue" would be my sentence-long review.

Hypervelocity is a book which tries to tell a fast-paced, adrenaline-pumped story, with action the likes of which a human Tony Stark could not handle. As an digital upload of his consciousness finds itself hunted on all sides, a race kicks off to see if this sloppily-coded emergent digital persona can outsmart and outmanoeuvre hackers, mechanical warriors and a persistent S.H.I.E.L.D. t
La Revistería Comics
Un cómic de Iron Man autoconclusivo, completamente independiente y francamente recomendable. Una excelente historia de Iron Man donde Tony Stark ¡se la pasa en coma la mayor parte de la historia! A los guiones (y bocetos) del siempre imaginativo y personalísimo Adam Warren se suman los cumplidores dibujos de Brian Denham, en 150 páginas sin desperdicio.
Rob McMonigal
Jun 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Rob by: Noah
So wanna know the truth about Tony Stark that we all suspected? He's a geek. This one proves what all the other superheroes have said behind his back, namely that Tony probably knows about as much about the history of the Oregon Trail game as he does about nano technology. In fact, the only difference between Stark and most geeks you and I know is that Tony gets the ladies by the D20, if you know what I mean...

The idea of Tony as techno-geek, lurking on message boards and being hip with hacker c
Noah Soudrette
May 07, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is a case of Iron Man meets Cyberpunk, and it's a good match. Basically, Tony Stark's personality is uploaded to the suit in an emergency so the suit can operate without him. Sadly, S.H.I.E.L.D. and a hot goth computer virus are trying to take him down. This is really neat stuff and a unique Iron Man miniseries. There are two big problems here however that keep this from being five stars. First, is the layout. The art here is great but the pages are packed full of panels and text to the poi ...more
SA
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2012
Warning for REALLY IRRITATING ENDING. But I enjoyed it, the incredibly fast pace, the subculture button shining, the cyberpunk of it all. I especially liked Aramaki, what a great character voice.

I mean, it doesn't necessarily make sense, but then it doesn't necessarily have to, because the POV of the Tonyghost is in itself questionable and self-identified as flawed. Which in reflection I like, and as I read it I had to get used to.

This is why people write fanfiction, though, because all I want
David
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-books
I came to this book after seeing this book appear on a couple of different IRON MAN TOP 10 lists. In a lot of ways this book is genius but it's also a mess. I

t pretty much lost me with the pejorative use of the words "sissy" and "pansy" by the lead SHIELD agent. Come on Marvel, you're better than that.

The story is top notch. It's a Hard SF take on Iron Man, with Tony Stark out of action, dying and his mind is uploaded to his latest armor. Non-stop action from start to finish.

Written and sketch
Jamie
Nov 11, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphicnovels
I read this because of Adam Warren, and I must say, though his trademark high-concept frippery and pop-dialogue is present, the art doesn't service it very well. The pencilling by Brian Denham is generic photo-ref, sub Bryan Hitch. Had there been more scenes with Tony Stark, Denham would have surely run out of images of Pierce Brosnan to lift. The layouts by Adam Warren, shown in the back and of similar detail to his Empowered style, prove this would have been better served had he done more than ...more
Stephen
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable, Neal Stephenson-influenced Iron Man story. Digital consciousnesses, cyber terrorist cells, software battles. Influences of Snow Crash and, somewhat, The Diamond Age. Also a touch of Elektra: Assassin there, with the large and amoral SHIELD. It did a good job of tapping into the context of the Marvel Universe while still feeling unique and unencumbered. Good fun.
Trin
Nov 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphicnovel
Iron Man does cyberpunk. There were a few good moments of humor in this, but for the most part my reaction was similar to what it (sadly?) is for most examples of that genre: huh? Sadly, this level of persistent, rapid-fire technobabble makes my poor, inadequate wetware brain hurt.
Paul Young
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Decent art and interesting concepts. The story didn't keep me that interested to care much about it as everything unfolded, though.
Guilherme Gaspar
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Techno babble have never been this boring. The art is nice tho.
Mely
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-seq-art
Lots of neat ideas, not much emotional engagement.
Max
Apr 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Probably the best cyberpunk I've encountered in years, in any medium.
catechism
Jul 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I don't know how I feel about Tony's characterization here, but I do know that I spent most of this book cracking up, and that's never a bad thing.
David
Mar 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Crazy high tech mech action and incredibly streamlined art.
Mimi
Oct 13, 2013
Justin
Nov 22, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Iron Man: Director Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • Captain America: Red Menace, Volume 2
  • Ultimate Iron Man, Vol. 2 (Ultimate Iron Man, #2)
  • Iron Man: Armor Wars
  • X-Men: Fairy Tales (Marvel Fairy Tales, #1)
  • House of M: Fantastic Four/Iron Man
  • Fantastic Four: The End
  • Essential Iron Man, Vol. 2
  • The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 5: Unintended Consequences
  • The Invincible Iron Man, Volume 4: Stark Disassembled
  • Avengers Disassembled: Iron Man
  • The Amazing Spider-Man: The Gauntlet, Volume 5: Lizard
Adam Warren (born 1967) is an American comic book writer and artist who is most famous for his adaptation of Dirty Pair into an American comic book, and for being one of the first American commercial illustrators to be influenced by the general style of manga.
More about Adam Warren...

The Invincible Iron Man, Volume I (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Invincible Iron Man, Volume 1: The Five Nightmares