Start by marking “Holy Bible: New Women's Devotional Bible: New International Version” as Want to Read:
Holy Bible: New Women's Devotional Bible: New International Version

Holy Bible: New Women's Devotional Bible: New International Version

4.67  ·  Rating details ·  423 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Written by women for women, the New Women’s Devotional Bible in NIV offers a fresh perspective on God’s Word through a year’s worth of relevant, engaging devotions placed throughout the text of the NIV.
Chocolate/Orchid, Italian Duo-tone, Compact
Published February 6th 2007 (first published March 3rd 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Holy Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holy Bible

Happyreader
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
As secular as my job is, it’s astonishing how often religion comes up in my work. Many patients turn up with Bibles in hand and I even have a study where each session begins with prayer. No complaints about that since I applaud anything that connects people with a higher power but I realized it was time to have more Bible knowledge so I committed to reading the Bible from Genesis through Revelations.

The four stars are not for the content of the Bible itself. Rating the Bible is insane. I’m actua
Pamela Hamilton
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bibles
I ordered this Bible for myself in 1993 and it became one of my closest companions as The Lord prepared me to face some very difficult challenges, the Word became living and active. Since then I have brought several other Bibles, but this one will always have a special place in my heart.....
Kara
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
I like the size, coloring inside and out and the portability factors of this Bible. The devotions...not at good as my Mom's or True Identity...but certainly a good solution for someone wanting a small Bible to total places without worry.
Cat Fletcher
Oct 04, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: see my review :) Anyone new in their walk
Recommended to Cat by: I believe the Lord did
Update 3/2009 review----
I am finding the more involved I get with it that I really have to carry my KJV just to refer to and see the Red Letter Writings so that I KNOW when it is something Jesus spoke for sure. I think this is a great starter but only a first year Bible maybe. The more I am growing the more I am yearning for a study Bible of some sort. Really though I honestly think if this had the red letter writings I would be content it really is all I said previously but the more i grow the
Margaret
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do not like the expression, "Oh my God", in the way so many people today use it. But I believe in this case it is appropriate. "Oh my God, how majestic is Your Name in all the earth. Praise the Lord oh my soul."

The Holy Bible is without a doubt the best, most hopeful, most uplifting book I have ever read in my life. Truly the best "how to" book for living a good life. This particular version, with commentary from women of faith, has been a delight to read.
Lynne Curry
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like any Bible, it's a 100 on a scale of 0 to 5. I like how easily this NIV version and the Message are to read. This edition immediately became a long-term friend.
Patty Hearts Dave
The front cover of this Bible draws me to it. The color and design are welcoming to the eye. Inside, the title and number of the chapters are in green, the rest of the text is brown. This breaks up the monotony for me. In the middle of every few pages there is a Bible Verse from that page that is highlighted in a box. It really helps the eyes get rest from reading.

There are introductions to each book in the Bible. That is not so different from other Bibles. What makes it interesting are the side
Jun 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love, love, love the New Women's Devotional Bible! Did I say I love it? Published by Zondervan, this New International Version has devotionals for an entire year.

Written in a two-column format, the devotionals start on Monday and continue through to Friday, with a short reading for the weekend. However, it offers so much more! You can follow a few different reading plans that are offered in the back of the book on various topics such as:

* A 60 Day Overview of the Bible

* 30 Days for Beginning
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
The devotionals in this bible are written by women for women, sharing their love for God.

I especially enjoyed the weekend devotions. It shared with me women from the bible. Into their character and daily lives. Stories of women like Delilah, Queen Esther, Bathsheba and Rahab. They had the same sorrows and concerns then as we have now as women.

In the New Testament I found women who were a very important part of the early growth of church. Their lives inspired and encouraged Christians then and t
Mandy James
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this Bible. I especially like how it breaks up the chapters in small sections for every day reading, and there is a devotional message for each day. I know others probably feel the same way, but on some days it was like the devotional was made for me personally because of the things that were happening in my life at the time or because of the feelings I was experiencing then.

I would highly recommend this book, especially if one has limited time to read every day. It breaks it down
Kristen Hill
Jun 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Disclaimer: Really hard to review THE BIBLE
The Bible is God's word. It can also be useful for teaching life's truths. I know that many people are skeptical and don't understand but, it seems to me that when you have faith in God your life seems to be much better than when you have faith only in yourself. If you are not a believer then maybe you should read and study the Bible just to see where people get their ideas. If you read a lot of British and American literature you will see the Bible's i
Elaine D
Jun 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is truly amazing. I'm convinced that it has revolutionized my relationship with God. By following the structured lessons and self-reflections, I have had some of the most defining moments in my faith doing my devotions each night. Included in each daily "lesson" are: scripture reading, coordinating anecdote and thoughts, quotes, related biblical readings, and reflection questions. I think every woman should choose this because its written by women, for women and everything about it is like ...more
Reiko
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just started reading the bible again in January 2011. This time around I have seen things that I didn't see the first few times before. Although this time I will read the whole book I usually stop reading the last six books of the bible I was always scare to read Jesus on the cross and revlations but this time I'm going to read the whole bible and fear the lord like everyone should and educate my children to do the same. God is good all the time!!
Laurie
Feb 04, 2009 rated it liked it
I'm enjoying this one. I wanted to read the whole Bible in one year front to back....but I never have, always ended up skipping around & just flipping through some of the stuff that makes me scratch my head (like the endless geneologies). This is more accessable and has some nice thoughts from other women to ponder.
Kellie
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
One of my favorite Bibles. The devotionals are spot on for our times and help bring the passages to life. It is not five stars because not all Christian women are married or mothers and most of the devotionals expect the reader to relate on that level. That being said the devotionals were very apt for me!
Natasha
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first bible into my new life as a Christian. I love the daily devotionals and subject index in the back. It's also a great cross reference when reading my kjv to understand confusing verses. Definitely a recommend life guide!!!!
Rachel
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always, the NIV Holy Bible is always worthy of 5 stars. This edition; however, was thoroughly enjoyable with the different reading plans in the back and the daily devotionals interspersed throughout the books. Great edition for any age woman.
Evelyn
Mar 12, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I've finished reading the New Testament in its entirety and am now tackling the Old Testament. One of the best books ever written. It's taken me years, but I have almost done reading the entite Bible. It's an something I've wanted to accomplish for a long time and I'm almost there!
DJ =^^=
Starting the Daily Reading Plan-hoping to finally read the entire Bible. Have started many times but never have finished the 'One year daily reading plan'.
Luann Habecker
Jul 27, 2011 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
wayyyyyy overdue re: reading the whole thing all the way through. inexcusable. eager to start again in chronological order tomorrow ;)
Crystal
Mar 23, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm deep into Chronicles...I'm sure that I'll be lost forever. So many of the names are duplicates, and hard understand.
Renee
Jul 09, 2008 rated it it was ok
I have great vision at 26 years old, and I could not read the type. I can't speak for the contents because it was too small to read without straining my eyes.
Jill
This was passed from my grandmother, to my mother, to me. Includes Gramma's handwritten notes. Irreplaceable.
Michelle
Feb 05, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, christian
The Bible is the number one selling book in the world. The Women's devotional Bible shows how you can apply the stories to your own life.
Donna Peake
nice way to start the day
Marielle
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!
Recommended to Marielle by: God
A very good Book that everyone should read!!
Ginger Smith
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love my Women's NIV Devotional Bible. I always have a devotion at my fingertips. I also love the size of my NIV- about 4 1/2 x 7.
Donna Kettle
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE this bible!
Cindy
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed each devotional and the thought provoking questions.
Setfree2day
Feb 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The one I currently use and I love it!
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
“Nehemiah knew that enemies were plotting, so he summoned up strength by seeking the Lord. The simple phrase “but we prayed” serves as a clarion call to prayer when the work seems too hard and we feel like calling it quits. Think about it. If Nehemiah had given up, the walls of Jerusalem would not have been rebuilt.” 1 likes
“Try this: Tomorrow as you shower, praise God for the cleansing that Jesus’ forgiveness provides. As you’re getting dressed, thank God for clothing you with Christ’s righteousness. When you put on your moisturizer, ask God to soften your heart to his leading throughout the day. As you apply your makeup, thank him for being the foundation of your life. When you put in your contacts, ask God to give you eyes to see his workings in the world. And as you put on your earrings, thank him for beautifying your life with the fruits of the Spirit.” 1 likes