Start by marking “Teachings of Thomas S. Monson” as Want to Read:
Teachings of Thomas S. Monson

Teachings of Thomas S. Monson

Teachings of Thomas S. Monson is the must-have companion to the bestselling, acclaimed biography of President Monson, To the Rescue. This book will be invaluable to readers because it -provides President Monson's teachings in topical format, and includes statements on more than 130 topics, from a discussion on the Aaronic priesthood through comments directed to the youth. ...more
Published September 23rd 2011 by Deseret Book Company (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Teachings of Thomas S. Monson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teachings of Thomas S. Monson

Heather
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: religious
This is a book of quotes by President Monson, organized by subject. It was nice to be reminded of some of his key teachings and interesting to see some of the topics most often covered - faith, gratitude, home, love, missionary work, obedience, prayer, righteousness, service, temples, welfare.

Here are a few of my favorites:

"How can we build a foundation strong enough to withstand such vicissitudes of life? How can we maintain the faith and testimony which will be required, that we might experien
Larsen
Mar 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is an encyclopedia of President Monson's most inspirational teachings on 135 different subjects and is an excellent reference for preparation of talks or lessons. I read it from cover to cover trying to absorb only one to several subjects at each sitting. The material presented for each of the subjects is calming, reassuring, and uplifting, but I will mention three subjects about which President Monson especially touched my heart.

His teachings about Scouting made me wish to do more for
Katherine Cowley
I hadn't realized how many teachings, on how many topics, someone gives in a lifetime. This book is a topical presentation of the teachings of Thomas S. Monson, the current president and prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I read the book straight-through, which was a great way to get a sense for the gospel as a whole; you could also use the book as a go-to text for quotes on certain subjects.

One thing that stood out to me throughout the book was President Monson's testi
kelley
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Last year I read "To The Rescue" by Heidi Swinton. It is the biography of President Thomas S. Monson. "The Teachings of Thomas S. Monson" was released as a companion book. The book was very well indexed and included a wealth of quotes that can be used in talks and lessons or as reinforcement to individual study. I liked this book and will be using it a lot. I would recommend it to any member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that would like an alphabetical index of quotes from t ...more
Lisa Dickson
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Though this book is great for reference, it doesn't have to sit on the shelf until talk time. I decided I would read one topic a day, which has proved to be time well-spent. I love the inspiration from our dear prophet. His incite and thoughts are so desperately needed in our lives.
Mark Peterson
Dec 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
More of a reference book than something that should be read straight through. Good if you are working on a talk or a lesson. But I found it a bit boring as a straight-through read.
Melissa
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational. Enough said. :)
Luisa
Feb 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My husband and I read this together. A GREAT reference book to have on hand in our home. I can imagine our children in the years to come using this for lessons and talks.
Tara
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books
I loved reading this book. It’s just a collection of quotes by President Monson, organized by topic but I found it really inspiring. I loved picking it up whenever I needed a boost and reading something positive and inspiring. It’s good stuff.
Wendell Bowen
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good reference manual.
Richard
Feb 26, 2015
Jared Blood
rated it did not like it
Apr 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• When Thou Art Converted: Continuing Our Search for Happiness
  • For Times of Trouble: Spiritual Solace from the Psalms
  • The Lord's Way
  • Act in Doctrine: Spiritual Patterns for Turning From Self to the Savior (Spiritual Patterns, #2)
  • Tinkling Cymbals and Sounding Brass: The Art of Telling Tales About Joseph Smith and Brigham Young (The Collected Works of Hugh Nibley, Volume 11)
  • The Mortal Messiah: From Bethlehem to Calvary, Book 1 (Mortal Messiah)
  • Gospel Doctrine: Sermons and Writings of President Joseph F. Smith (Classics in Mormon Literature)
  • Lengthen Your Stride: The Presidency of Spencer W. Kimball
  • The Gateway We Call Death
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow
  • The Believing Heart: Nourishing The Seed Of Faith
  • The Faith of a Scientist
  • 21 Principles: Divine Truths to Help You Live By the Spirit
  • Even as I Am
Thomas S. Monson served as the 16th President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (often called the "Mormon Church" or "LDS Church") from 2008 to his death in 2018. Before his time as President, he had served as a Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church since 1985. He was ordained an Apostle and called to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in 1963 at the unusually young age o ...more