Start by marking “Serpent's Kiss (The Beauchamp Family #2)” as Want to Read:
Serpent's Kiss (The Beauchamp Family #2)

Serpent's Kiss (The Beauchamp Family #2)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  6,064 Ratings  ·  550 Reviews
Alternate cover edition can be found here.

Just as things have settled down in the off-the-map Long Island town of North Hampton for the magical Beauchamp family, everything gets turned upside down once more when Freya's twin brother Fryr, or "Freddie" as he's called now, returns from Limbo with shocking news - that it was none other than Freya's fiancé, Killian Gardiner,
Paperback, UK Edition, 384 pages
Published June 12th 2012 by Sphere

To ask other readers questions about Serpent's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Serpent's Kiss

Stacy
Aug 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
Holy cow! When I gave the first book a scathing review, I really had no intention of continuing further in the series. But then I poke my head into the new releases room at the library...see it sitting there...and because I'm a freak who can't seem to let things go when it comes to books, I think "Hey, it's free! Maybe this one will be better." Well, all I can say is, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Unbelievably, this book was even more insipid and boring than the last. I ...more
Jenny Demonic
Mar 12, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
First, let me say that it is indeed a strange occurrence for a screen adaptation to be better than the novel. I cannot WAIT for the television series to return and put some sense back into the world of East End.
de la Cruz is a SAD student of Norse mythology. Valkyries as sorority girls? Really? Pixies mixed with "witches" that are gods? I can't even bear to go on with my list of "WTF".
This was a Spring Break read, cover to cover, just to see if anything would finally make sense. Sophomoric writi
Taryn Pierson
I didn't quite enjoy this one as much as the first in the series. Oddly enough, I think I am more interested in the romance between the sisters and their men than I am the magical/fantastical elements. There's tons of mythology and witchy stuff, but there was just not enough Ingrid/Matt action going on for my taste!
Erin
Oct 22, 2012 rated it liked it
This is one of those books you read, and while you are reading it, you enjoy it, but then when its over you don't think about it that much. It was light and fluffy, a welcome break from any stress.

The book started off poorly in my mind - it was all about sex, and the characters sexual relationships. I found myself thinking back to the first book and trying to remember if it was as borderline raunchy. Around the middle of the book, the actual plot began to pick up - but at first I didn't even rea
Nasty Lady MJ
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: witches, face-palm
To See full review which includes pictures, Youtube clips, and casting click here: http://yalbookbriefs.blogspot.com/201...

I feel like I just found out that Santa Claus isn't real and that the Easter Bunny got ran over by a semi.

Yep, that should tell you how disappointed I was with this book. Melissa de la Cruz has published some great books. The Blue Bloods series, for example, just awesome. Grant it, I do understand why people have grown annoyed with them recently, but I do think the last inst
Indah
Sep 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just don't care. At all
Carmela
Aug 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book is stupid .. Why am I reading it? Update: That was a month of my life I can't get back. The writing is bad, the story is stupid, the characters are flat. There is just about nothing right with this book. I love witches, YA and other assorted smut. But this was just poorly done avengers fan fiction.
Charity
Jun 10, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After finding "Witches of East End" completely charming and enjoyable, "The Serpent's Kiss" was a complete let down. Highly predictable, filled with filler nonsense that only hinders the book, and under-developed characters just fall into them moments. Greatly disappointing.
Lynda Tatad
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: series-r-us
The 2nd book in the Witches of East End series took me a little longer to read than normal (compared to my usual pace), and it was primarily because I had a harder time getting into this story like I did the first. I had a lot of distractions that made it easy to put the book down. I did enjoy it once things got going in the story and things finally started moving along and I was able to finish the book!

If you read the first book: Witches of East End, then you know what happened before. If you h
Melody
Nov 25, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The prose was extremely simplistic, especially for adult fiction. The narrator was odd and clunky. The POV changed from character to character each chapter, but the tone did not really alter. Additionally, the narration was often just obnoxious. It sought to tell rather than show, but then what it told was actually undermined by the action. For instance, I did not believe Freddie had power over much of anything.

The action seemed contrived for convenience, not necessarily plot connection. The pi
  • Loco Moco (Darby Stansfield, #3)
  • The 5 Moons of Tiiana (The Chronicles of Rez Cantor, #1)
  • Not From Around Here
  • Denial (The Witches of Santa Anna, #8)
  • The White Glove War (Magnolia League, #2)
  • Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #2)
  • Grim Shadows (Roaring Twenties, #2)
  • Chasing Vegas
  • Dark Mind (Emily Stone #3)
  • Broken
  • Fading Into Magic (Fading Into Magic, #1)
  • Black Throne Conspiracy
  • Capitol Magic
  • Riser (The Riser Saga, #1)
  • The Blood Keeper (The Blood Journals, #2)
  • Chill Run
  • The Jericho River
21911
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz...

The Beauchamp Family (4 books)
  • Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1)
  • Winds of Salem (The Beauchamp Family, #3)
  • Triple Moon (Summer on East End, #1)
“When you meet the right person, it’s like nothing else—nobody else. No one in your past ever mattered.” 2 likes
“In other words, time was a kind of palimpsest, traces of the past peeking through the present, only to be written over in the future again.” 1 likes