Start by marking “The Immersion Book of Steampunk” as Want to Read:
The Immersion Book of Steampunk

The Immersion Book of Steampunk

My Lords, Ladies, and Gentlemen, Welcome to the clockwork frontier. You are cordially invited on a trip to reclaim those lost and forgotten steam driven futures. Join the Immersion Book of Steampunk for an expedition through a new age of glorious industry. Encounter suffragette air-pirates, the art deco terror of imperial skies, unwrap the bullet-proof magic of a cynical p ...more
Published September 20th 2011 by Immersion Press

To ask other readers questions about The Immersion Book of Steampunk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Immersion Book of Steampunk

David Grieve
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I've always tended to shy away from short story collections as on the rare occasions I have read them I have generally found them to be a mixed bag. This is no exception.

Most of the tales have a genuinely steampunk feel to them - dirigibles, steam power, intricate metalwork and ingeneous contraptions. However, two or three are fillers and are straightforward SF/fantasy.

Toby Frost was a highlight. I like Space Captain Smith and his story here did not disappoint. Follow That Cathedral was fun and
Anatoly Belilovsky
Dec 25, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Disclaimer: I'm in this book. But it's awesome anyway!
osoi
Сборка интересная, стимпанк обыгрывается с разных углов и в самом широком смысле. Однако же лучшее в этой антологии – это обложка. Рассказы оставили после себя скорее разочарование, словно в одной книге собрали не самые лучшие, кропотливо отобранные работы, а опусы всех, кто соблаговолил отправить по мылу свое творение. А в таком случае даже обложка не спасает. Впереди спойлеры.

Gareth Owens. Follow That Cathedral! star-512
Первый рассказ сборника мне не понравился, хотя и оказался переполнен атрибутами с
Alex
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love steampunk, but so rarely find one that will fit my magazine’s needs. So it was a pleasure to shuck off my editorial hat and just dive in and enjoy this collection of “everything steampunk could be.” Most of it went down well. It even contained a great story I’d had to reject as not quite right for A&A – I am so very glad that this tale by James Targett found a worthy home. “The Machines of the Nehphilim” is a great steampunk spy thriller – with aliens.

But first in the collection was a
Wendy S. Delmater
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it

But first in the collection was a
Seizure Romero
This book might have earned three stars because most of the stories were at least mildly intriguing. What gets in the way of my enjoyment is poor editing and/or proofreading. There are thirteen stories in this rather short collection; the following blatant examples should have been caught and corrected by a quick re-read:

p.5) "...so that even the surfs that loaded the cargo...."
p.14) Title: The Machines of the Nehphilim (I thought it might be a creative-license thing, but it is spelled Nephilim
Sandra
“Leaves of Glass” by Lavie Tidhar
“Memories in Bronze, Feathers, and Blood” by Aliette de Bodard
“Empire of Glass” by Tanith Lee
“Steam Horse” by Chris Butler
“Professor Fluvius’s Palace of Many Waters”
frkvinter
Aug 11, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a book of two first for me! First time reading a novel collection and the first time reading steampunk. At first it was kind of difficult finding the rythm of the book (english is my second language), but after a while I got the hang of it :) Taking a small break (like making tea) between the stories helpt a lot.

I liked this book. The stories are good and the front is just so damn pretty!
Magnolia Cure
Dec 08, 2011
Zenon
Feb 05, 2016
Gareth D.
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: by-me
Hanna
Feb 18, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Mammoth Book of Steampunk
  • Blood in the Skies (The Hellfire Chronicles, #1)
  • The Art of Steampunk
  • Steampunk'd
  • Steampunk Prime: A Vintage Steampunk Reader
  • Thomas Riley
  • The Burning Sky (Halcyon #1)
  • Steampunk III: Steampunk Revolution
  • Extraordinary Engines: The Definitive Steampunk Anthology
  • Steam-Powered:  Lesbian Steampunk Stories
  • The Immorality Engine (Newbury and Hobbes, #3)
  • The Steampunk Bible
  • The Steampunk Trilogy
  • Carnal Machines
  • Full Steam Ahead
  • 1,000 Steampunk Creations: Neo-Victorian Fashion, Gear, and Art
  • Scourge: A Grim Doyle Adventure (Grim Doyle Adventures, #1)
  • The Gaslight Dogs (Middle Light, #1)
“So much of difference between a triumph and a flop is determined by choice of venue.” 2 likes
“Faith is a viewpoint? That sounds strange coming from the lips of a priest.” 1 likes