Start by marking “The Legend of Adam Caine (Adam Caine #1)” as Want to Read:
The Legend of Adam Caine (Adam Caine #1)

Read Excerpt

The Legend of Adam Caine (Adam Caine #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Summer 2006: 42 people are snatched from the London Underground in a blinding flash of light. They are unsure where they have been taken, or who has taken them. They are in mortal peril, but there is one among them who can break them free: Adam Caine, a reluctant war hero.

After escaping, Caine is dragged again and again into conflict after conflict. As the violence escalat
Published August 27th 2010 by Authorhouse

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Adam Caine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of Adam Caine

Jane
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, to-review, 3

This has got to be the hardest book I have read in a long time. Not because it’s a bad book or a poorly written story. The problem with it for me was the complicated plot and the heavy sci-fi content.

I found it hard to follow, (I’m never good with anything that includes time travel) and it has taken me weeks to read, with lots of breaks to give my brain a rest. (which probably added to my confusion) On top of that it is an enormous book, I’ve read full series’ with less pages!

Attention to detai
Milo (BOK)
Sep 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
(Original Post on The Founding Fields)

Okay, first of all, I’m going to apologise for not putting up any reviews since the 29 October. That was because I was reading this, The Legend of Adam Caine, which stands at 700 odd pages long, and is probably one of the biggest fiction books that I’ve ever read. If you’re looking for a comparison with it on the size, it stands at the same level as the currently in print versions of novels The Dragon’s Path by Daniel Abraham and Leviathan Wakes by James SA
Callum Shephard
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
It’s hard to know what exactly to make of The Legend of Adam Caine. While hardly bad, it seems to almost work in spite of itself. Beginning in mid-2006, a group of travellers on-board a tube service are flung out of their time by an inhuman stranger lurking in their midst. The reason for their abduction lurks in the ambitions of a race far ahead of their time, and it does not bode well for any of them…

The plot itself contains plenty of points people will be familiar with. An alien abduction, tim
Trinae
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reposted from my Amazon review.

Originally, I wanted to give this novel 3.5 stars, but that is not possible. Since the book rests closer to a 4-star rating than a 3-star rating, I went with what was more deserving.

The Legend of Adam Caine (TLoAC) is a book filled to the brim with peril, intrigue and a hearty helping of violence to tell the tale of a man saving a galaxy and in the process saving his own soul. The title character is a deeply troubled man with a colorful past, who stubbornly comes t
Jennifer  Davis
I was given an e-copy in exchange for my honest review.

I usually don't read much Sci-Fi or War type books. I have to say, the blurb sounded really interesting to me. Don't let the rating throw you. I think the book was well written and had lots of action and a great plot. My issue was that it wasn't my cup of tea. Though it was well written, there seemed to be lots of description, which did seem to drag things out a bit. There was lots going on, and I mean lots. I had a hard time keeping up at
Adam
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I bumped into the author online and found his book going free after his online series http://shavenwookiee.wordpress.com and enjoyed it. It is a monster of a book but has its problems as its made up from lots of little stories strung together. I really shouldn't bee to mean as I get on with the author as he rips into my own work. It is a very violent book at times but there are also time where the action is simple unbelievable in both good and bad ways.

Has it put me of his work? No, cant wait to
Suechada
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: every syfy fans
Recommended to Suechada by: Trinae
Author John C. Scott opened a new world filled with time travel, an epic quest and guns… lots of guns. Adam Caine, the reluctant hero forced into a conflict greater than the one inside himself, has your interest from page one. Sci-Fi fans should pick this up and be prepared for a while ride not only through space, but through time.
Stephanie Hughes
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
What an epic sci-fi - and that's epic in terms of size and content! Put this on my kindle for holiday and after 2 days of reading I still had several hours of reading ahead of me according to the e-reader! Loved it, complicated as it was, at the time couldn't face going straight on to next book in series but will be revisiting it very soon.
Dana
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have to admit, the body count was a bit high for my taste but the writing is well done and the action sequences, amazing. I'd recommend it to my friends who have heartier appetites for combat in their sci-fi.
Shell Shearer Swinscoe
Jul 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
sorry tried really hard to get in to this book...but just couldn't sorry
Doreen Dalesandro
Kindle freebie, 1/22/13
Chris
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished reading this book and enjoyed it very much. I even went as far as getting a nexus 7 so I could read this book better. Cannot wait for more books from John.
John Scott
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
What? It's my book....
Apr 08, 2012
Christian Wallace
Feb 20, 2017
John Scott
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Iain
Feb 08, 2014
Q&A with John Scott: Introduce Yourself! 11 7 Aug 24, 2012 11:57PM
Q&A with John Scott: Madness... 1 4 Jun 01, 2012 12:06PM
Q&A with John Scott: Literary goodiness... 1 3 Jun 01, 2012 12:03PM
Q&A with John Scott: Ask a question about the book(s), me or my process (if I had one, of course)... 1 2 Jun 01, 2012 12:00PM
Warped by many years of gratuitous violence and mayhem, and owing my writing to many more years of reading books and being more warped, am now living in Somerset, married to a wonderful wife and living with a multitude of amazing kids. Occasionally i like to write a bit and spar with madmen (Rowland, Ploss and Abhinav) and dabble some reading... If you've read my stuff, let me know...
More about John Charles Scott...