Start by marking “Wendy Knits Lace: Essential Techniques and Patterns for Irresistible Everyday Lace” as Want to Read:

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  163 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
At last—gorgeous lace projects that you can knit and wear every day.

From the celebrated author of Socks from the Toe Up comes a collection of knitted lace that you will want to live in. Whether you’re new to lace or a more adventuresome knitter, you will find plenty to occupy your needles. From a delicate camisole for layering, a pullover sweater for fall, to a wealth of s
Published August 30th 2011 by Potter Craft (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wendy Knits Lace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wendy Knits Lace

Alicia
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the few knitting books where I actually read the information before the patterns. "Part 2: Lace Techniques" was written very clear and had great illustrations showing each type of fix, cast on, inc, and dec. I'm looking forward to trying some of the techniques she describes.

Part 3 has all the knitting patterns. They are lovely. I cannot wait to try a few. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone interesting in learning lace knitting.
Cynthia Frazer
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patterns are gorgeous, but the lack of stitch counts and straight lines in charts when the markers dance between sections are problematic.
Tonileg
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting-crafts
Lovely book with lots of pictures as well as an organized picture table of contents in the back so you can quickly find your project.
This is for intermediate level knitters that can read and follow a pattern with lots of yarn overs and decreases. I just didn't see anything for myself except the three sock patterns which don't look very comfortable as the 'lace' holes push against your skin when you wear boots, but it could be comfortable in sandals (heels?).
144 pages and borrowed from the librar
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the other Wendy Knits books, this volume is nicely laid out with cute patterns and some really lovely photography. While basic knitting skills are required, it's front-loaded with instructions on how to execute some of the more advanced techniques that pop up throughout the patterns. I'm a serial shawl knitter so I'm hoping to give most of the patterns a whirl at some point, but really I bought it for the toe-up knee high pattern. I've been hording some lime green sock yarn for just such an ...more
Delia Turner
A nice book with 20 lace knitting projects for various skill levels, illustrated with attractive photos and with charts for the patterns. The introduction has some useful tips - the "lifeline" method of preventing dropped stitches and the "provisional cast-on" when you're going to start knitting in the other direction from your cast-on.
Gemma
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A master of both design and the well-written pattern uses her clear mind and articulate explanations to take us lucky knitters through the complexities of knitting lace. This book is just a pure pleasure. Thanks, Wendy!
Dr Gemma of CogKnitive
Donna Holmes
Very useful information and illustrations gathered in one place, though there are few things that will be truly new to the dedicated student of lace knitting. Some lovely patterns, including the Stacy shawl and the watch cap.
Samantha
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent presentation with a variety of patterns from beginning lace to advanced. As a beginner with lace, I finished the watch cap with no problems and in less than three weeks. I am looking forward to working my way through the other patterns as well.
Liz De Coster
I got the ebook on my 3M app from the library; it was awful to the point of being unusable. The pictures were tiny, the charts were broken up, and it was just poorly formatted. However, the patterns themselves looked interesting, so I will be waiting for a print copy to judge the content.
Fincalian
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts-knitting
I really like the fingerless glove pattern. Maybe I'll try those after I get a little more practice knitting in.
Harue Jules
Jul 08, 2012 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot believe I am actually READING a knitting book, but since I never seem to take the time to read one, and as Wendy Johnson writes almost as well as she knits, I am enjoying it thus far. (^^)
Leslie
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I definitely need to make this book a part of my personal library. Gorgeous patterns and easy to follow instructions.
WifeMomKnitter
Nov 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Lots of really useful information concerning how to knit lace: different cast-ons, bind-offs, etc.
Leslie Jem
I'm not a lace knitter, but if I was, I'd want this book. Gorgeous photography.
Robin
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Wendy Johnson patterns, socks, shawls, hats. This book includes many different uses of lace knitting from shawls to socks to sweaters and hats.
Peggy Kassees
Regan Smith
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Knit. Sock. Love.
  • Sock Knitting Master Class: Innovative Techniques + Patterns from Top Designers
  • The Principles of Knitting: Methods and Techniques of Hand Knitting
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Knitted Lace of Estonia
  • Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
  • 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
  • Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters
  • A Gathering of Lace
  • More Sensational Knitted Socks
  • Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More
  • Mastering Color Knitting: Simple Instructions for Stranded, Intarsia, and Double Knitting
  • Harmony Guides: Lace & Eyelets (The Harmony Guides)
  • Fitted Knits: 25 Designs for the Fashionable Knitter