Start by marking “White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle, #3)” as Want to Read:
White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle, #3)

White: The Great Pursuit

(The Circle #3)

For Ingest Only - Data needs to be cleaned up for all products being loaded
Published May 29th 2005 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about White, please sign up.

Joshua Bertram
Jan 10, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
Noel
Unfortunately I had a tough time with this book. In the beginning, I was pretty bored. It felt so similar to the second book in the series. I was hoping for it to make a big change, like between the first and second book, but it didn’t. Then, when things started happening, it got worse. The instalove, and accompanying melodrama, was just too much. It was so ridiculous, and it made it difficult for me to focus on anything else. I was hoping the ending would salvage it and bring my rating up to th ...more
Hannah Rodriguez
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-2016
Wow
Took me a long time with school and such
BUT THAT ENDING AHHHHH LIKE WHAT
SO WOW
WOW
WOW
I DONT EVEN know what to say
Sarah Grace Grzy
I don't think I'm going to write a review for this one. But it was amazing. The whole series is. Highly recommended.
Ana
It's rather dissapointing when you invest enough of yourself into a story to read more than one installment, just to find out it gets progressively worse. You get a really bad feeling that's too close to "I lost my time" to feel confortable.

I'm not going to make this long, there's no need to even try.

Summary? It started off well, then lost it. Maybe it was the actual writing, or maybe I just didn't feel the "magic" anymore.

Jerry
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The epic trilogy (of sorts) comes to a conclusion (well, sort of)...
J.S. Bailey
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
[Reads final page. Blinks. Reads final page again. Rushes over and yanks copy of Showdown out of bookshelf to verify statements on final page.]

THAT'S how Thomas ended up in the black forest??? But...but...I don't even...

O_O

This whole series is a time paradox. I love it.
Tom
Jan 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
Well, it's over. I guess that's good.

It feels bad to slam on a book series that so many other people evidently love (from reading other reviews here on Goodreads). I guess I just can't let religion trump realism or logic... or frankly, good storytelling. I suppose folks more appreciative of this trilogy would say that's my problem.

I feel like there was real missed potential here. The author keeps the plot moving quickly with good action and set pieces. Unfortunately everything else is sacrific
Mike (the Paladin)
Well...I finished the trilogy (though now a book titled Green is out so I guess it's no longer a trilogy, even though this one ties up the existing story line.). This one is (in my opinion)better than the second in the series and I give it a good solid "not bad". There is however a "but".

But.....these books could have been far better than they are. The way they are plotted the way the characters are presented even the way the story is told, all are a bit stilted. In an effort to be, I suppose m
Billy
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Great Finale to a Fantastic Trilogy...,

Dekker really finishes off the Circle Trilogy with style.

This book was by far the best of the 3 and, although you really must read the first 2 to truly understand this book, Dekker does not dissapoint with the conclusion to this very long trilogy.

The story, including the metaphors of Christ's sacrifice for mankind, is brought home and shows the truly great talent that Dekker has for writing.

In this final installment, we are shown how the virus from this w
Sierra
Ugh this was so good. While RED is infinitely more impactful (to me) emotionally, WHITE has some equally powerful metaphors and symbolism. It also includes my favorite character in the whole trilogy, Chelise. I love her story and I love her growth. The romance between her and Thomas is just....so beautiful. I also really love WHITE’s overall plot more than that of the first two books. It’s very romance-centric but I also feel like it has more ins and outs, like it’s more complicated??? It really ...more
Rebekah Duncan
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh man. This one. Talk about a tear jerker. I think White might be the best book in the series. Ahhhh
T.E. George
Jan 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars If you hated the ending you missed the point., April 21, 2006

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about a book. What grabs one leaves another flat. But those who chided Dekker for weak storylines in this third book of his trilogy missed the point.

In fairness let me say that I felt the same way at first. In White it seemed like the things going on in "our" world ended in a very anti-climactic way. Thomas Hunter's blood save
Matthew Kozak
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"He was riding into insanity to fetch a woman who - despite his misguided assumptions - did not love him. And Susan was enabling him because she knew that once Thomas of Hunter put his mind to something, he always saw it through. That, and the romance in her own spirit, was cheering him on. All fine and good, but what if he didn't come back? He'd drawn her along with his infectious passion; but what if it all went badly. If Thomas was dead by morning, she would share the blame.
'Be careful Thoma
Victoria Howell
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was more of a romance than the others, but it was very intriguing and creative.
Stephanie H
Nov 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
I am not the sort of person who reads stories, let alone Christian novels. I like to pretend I'm better than books such as White, but after reading the entire trilogy, I can say that Dekker's writing style both surprised and pleased me.

I'm not sure if White was better written than Black and Red or if I simply got used to Dekker's once annoying prose and fragmented style. Either way, it seemed as though White was less fragmented than the previous books and the prose seemed to be more about the lo
Libby May
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gilsheyla
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Finale to a Fantastic Trilogy...,

Dekker really finishes off the Circle Trilogy with style.

In this final installment, we are shown how the virus from this w
Donna
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
This wasn't for me. I was prepared to give this 1 star because I didn't care for this one, but I did add a star because the story and the world building were creative. It felt as if risks were taken to make this different, and I would fully agree with that.

Where I struggled was with some of the writing (mainly dialogue) and with the narrator of the audio. Sometimes, these two go hand in hand. It felt like the author was going for "perfect" and it didn't ring true to me. I kept thinking, "Do peo
Erica Jones
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! I absolutely loved this book!

It had a slower start than Red did. The first half didn't hold my attention, but I the last 10 chapters sucked me back in and ended on another cliffhanger. I need to start Green immediately. I need to know what Ha! means and who Billy the storyteller is now! Ted Dekker, but are amazing! Every book in this series so far have made me laugh, cry and love!
Audrey
Wow! This final installment is incredible. Thomas faces challenges in both realities. In today's world he races to save the world from the Raison strain and ends up giving his life. In the future reality he learns more about the Great Romance as he fights to save his beloved from the Horde.
Tracy
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march-2011
First of all...Wow! I would not have thought it possible, but Ted Dekker has managed to make, White, even more amazing than Black or Red. What an amazing journey. What an amazing story. I am always in awe of an author that can create a story, a world of such magnitude as this. But to create two!? This third installment was everything that the first two were...and more. The action, the adventure, love story enveloping these two worlds? I am truly left speechless.

Ted Dekker is a master at creating
Matt Barker
Feb 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A great wrap-up of the Circlu trilogy by Ted Dekker. Keeps you hooked from the moment you pick it up.

Publisher's Summary

In this final installment of Ted Dekker's groundbreaking Circle Trilogy, Thomas Hunter has only days to survive two separate realms of danger, deceit, and destruction. The fate of both worlds hinges on his unique ability to shift realities through his dreams.

In one world, a lethal virus threatens to destroy all life as scientists and governments scramble to find an antidote. In
Trent
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: thriller, spiritual, Christian allegory, C.S. Lewis
Shelves: 2016-books
After investing over 1,000 pages in these three books of the original trilogy, I am happy to have spent hours reading of the Great Romance. These three books greatly display what it means to be a Christian and what it means to be loved and pursued by a Creator who sees you as perfect. I struggled with the first book (Black) because to me it felt too overdone with romance. As the series continued it all began to flesh out and make sense. Since the release of the trilogy, Ted Dekker published, Gre ...more
Deb Smith
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book three of the Circle Trilogy finds Thomas still caught between two worlds. In one world the virus still threatens to destroy all life as everyone in the world scrambles to find an antidote. In the other world a forbidden love threatens to destroy everything Thomas has worked so hard to keep safe. Thomas can bridge both worlds but may not be able to save wither. The fate of both worlds comes down to the choice of one man. Everything will be transformed by the choice this man will make in the ...more
Carol
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon..... stay tuned!!

Update: Yeah bitches!! I finished the Circle series, and I'm damn proud of myself for having done so. White: The Great Pursuit picks up where Red: The Heroic Rescue left off. I had read some other unrelated books in between, but once you read Ted Dekker, you don't forget where you were when you begin the next book. I enjoyed the fast pace of the series and the unpredictability of events leading up to the closure. Very good ending as Thomas of Hunter comes full
Shanna
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In this mind-bending adventure, Thomas Hunter must find a way to rewrite the history that will affect the fate of two realities. He navigates a whirlwind of emotions and events surrounding the pending apocalypse.
The Fate of these worlds come down to one man's choice. Life, Death, Love, nothing is as it seems. All will be transformed by Thomas's decision in the final hours of the great pursuit.

I am just blown away by this series. I just love complex, intricate, thought provoking plots and Dekk
Carolyn
White is the last in the Circle series (not sure how Green, which came along years later, plays into the series - the story is done). I really enjoyed every one of these books (Black, Red, White). They must be read in order, and I read them all back to back because I was so addicted to the story. I felt this was the weakest of the 3, but it was still good!

In an earlier review I said these books were a combination of sci fi and fantasy. After reading the authors notes at the end of this book, he
Jason
Dec 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, read-2009
The conclusion to the circle trilogy does a decent job at ending this wonderful adventure. The series as a whole is much better than this final volume which seemed to stall from time to time. It also left a few too many unanswered questions and took too many liberties to truly be great. As a trilogy Dekker has created a beautiful story that is filled with symbolism, faith, and religion. This in no ordinary tale of good versus evil. I would give the trilogy 4 to 4.5 stars as a whole tale rather t ...more
Chris Hawks
This review is being written four years after the fact. My father recommended this series, otherwise I would never have picked it up. I enjoyed it at the time, though a lot of stuff bugged me; namely, that the "real world" plot was pretty unbelievable, and the "alternate world" plot got fairly heavy-handed with Christian allegory.

That said, four years later, a lot of the imagery from this series has stuck with me. If I thought it a bit hokey back then, now I'd say it's more enjoyable in hindsigh
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. White by Ted Dekker 1 2 Feb 07, 2012 06:43AM

• Shadow Over Kiriath (Legends of the Guardian-King, #3)
  • The Visitation
  • Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)
  • Deadlock (John Hutchinson, #2)
  • Dominion (Ollie Chandler #2)
  • All My Holy Mountain (Binding of the Blade, #5)
  • The Rise of the Wyrm Lord (The Door Within, #2)
  • Demon
  • Tears of a Dragon (Dragons in Our Midst, #4)
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.

The Circle (4 books)
  • Green: The Beginning and the End (The Circle, #0)
  • Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle, #1)
  • Red: The Heroic Rescue (The Circle, #2)
“Dive deep. Drown willingly” 157 likes
“The battle over flesh and blood cannot compare to the battle for the heart.” 88 likes