Start by marking “The Horror of High Ridge (Choose Your Own Adventure, #27)” as Want to Read:
The Horror of High Ridge (Choose Your Own Adventure, #27)

The Horror of High Ridge (Choose Your Own Adventure #27)

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  92 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
While on vacation with your friends Ricardo and Lisa, you encounter ghosts in a town with a dark past.
Mass Market Paperback, 0 pages
Published November 1st 1983 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about The Horror of High Ridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Horror of High Ridge

BookMarc
Feb 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
1984. It signaled the debut of the Apple Macintosh, the Winter Olympics took place in Sarajevo, the novel '1984' was probably read by more people than in any other single year, 'Of Mice and Men' was removed from Tennessee public schools for being a "filthy book", and I was ten years old and reading 'Horror of High Ridge' which was officially book number 27 of the 'Choose Your Own Adventure' series.
If you are not familiar with CYOA then let me explain...you would read the first few pages like yo
Graham
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
My first of the "choose your own adventure" series. A pretty odd experience. The generic set-up is overly familiar and the writing is pretty bad and packed with cliches; attempts at atmosphere building are cringe-worthy, to say the least. I guess it works if you're a kid though.

The most unsatisfying thing is that, when playing, we ended up on a cliffhanger and then got 'THE END'. No resolution, no death, no solving of the mystery, nothing. It's a huge cheat. I skimmed through the rest of the pag
Emma
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Pretty badly written but fine for some light entertainment. Took me all of 5 minutes to finish the first route (the correct one it would seem) and then a half an hour or so to exhaust all the other options.
Petercsm730
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
The Horror of High Ridge by Julius Goodman (Choose Your Own Adventure #27) finds you with two friends in a cabin on the outskirts of a mountain town. You've been spending the summer searching for your great uncle's buried treasure but eerie moans sidetrack you towards any number of supernatural narrators who tell you about a war between prospector ghosts and native american ghosts. Every fifty years their battle ends up killing the mountain town you're staying in and it's up to you to stop it. I ...more
Paul
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have fond memories of my childhood being addicted to choose your own adventure books, I was always found with my nose in a book. Loved shopping around old bookshops and second hand stalls for them. I Still haven't completed my collection and am always looking out for the odd missing volume, as they are now quite rare, the original editions anyhow.

I strongly remember Horror of high ridge as quite a scary and creepy book, for a child.

The plot revolves around a town (High Ridge) that is built on
Nathan Burgoine
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the Choose Your Own Adventure books, and constantly borrowed them from the library. I owned a few, too, and would mark little pencilled notations on all the endings I managed to reach in my own copies (I'd tuck aside a piece of paper for the ones from the library). When I was nine and ten, these books got re-read so many times it was unreal, and they paved the way to me wanting to write, too, as sometimes I got annoyed at an obvious, missing option.
Bex
Jan 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, horror
Teh awesome.
Mell
Dec 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, for-kids
I suspect my adult self would not like the cultural stereotypes implied on the cover of this book I owned as a kid . . . but I wore out the cover reading and swapping with my friends.
Craig
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pre-2011
A "sequel" to HOUSE OF DANGER, written by a completely different author! Still, this one has stayed with me to this day.
Marts  (Thinker)
Dec 14, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Have a copy of this in my 'choose your own adventure' collection, was quite enjoyable, too bad I "died" so many times.
Angela
Aug 09, 2014
Hannah Bisley
Mar 11, 2017
Ariyana
rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2013
Aug 11, 2010
L.E. Howel
Apr 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Choose Your Own Adventure (1 - 10 of 185 books)
  • The Cave of Time (Choose Your Own Adventure, #1)
  • Journey Under the Sea (Choose Your Own Adventure, #2)
  • By Balloon to the Sahara (Choose Your Own Adventure, #3)
  • Space and Beyond (Choose Your Own Adventure, #4)
  • The Mystery Of Chimney Rock (Choose Your Own Adventure, #5)
  • Your Code Name Is Jonah (Choose Your Own Adventure #6)
  • The Third Planet from Altair (Choose Your Own Adventure, #7)
  • Deadwood City (Choose Your Own Adventure, #8)
  • Who Killed Harlowe Thrombey? (Choose Your Own Adventure, #9)
  • The Lost Jewels of Nabooti (Choose Your Own Adventure, #10)