Start by marking “Born (B Cubed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Born (B Cubed, #1)

Born

(B Cubed #1)

Born: Natural born humans are precious few and dwell in darkness.

Bred: Genetically engineered slaves who are the protectors of the Born.

Borg: The cybernetically enhanced enclave that split from the Born humans.

These three factions are all that remains of the human race after the world stopped turning. Scavenging in the darkness for what little is left, the war between them
Published August 31st 2011 by Captiva Heart

To ask other readers questions about Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born

Talltree
Marta Cox
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This is a post apocalyptic view of the world that is divided into what I can only describe as three camps. Those who are Born who appear to rule, those who are Bred who are little more than disposable slaves and Cyborgs who are terrifying. I thought there were some really interesting ideas in play here with the past connected to the future by the prophecies of Cassandra. This story mainly focuses on Allora who is seemingly a privileged Born female and the connection she makes with Cormack one of ...more
Iza
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Better than I expected, but I would have liked to read more about this universe. More details, more circumstances, more history. More ! So I'll probably read the next :)
Mari (Smut Duchess)
I listened this with RU. It wasn't a bad plot idea but I thought the story was sacrificed in favor of longer and more frequent sex scenes.
Erin Burns
I decided to participate in a TBR Challenge this year after lurking around them for a number of years. My actual owned TBR honestly isn’t that bad as far as numbers go, because I used to be too broke to hoard, and once I could I had mainly switched to digital, so it made sense to make my TBR as virtual as my books. Where I have gotten myself in a small bit of overload is that I then discovered ereaderIQ and I uploaded my whole wishlist to it and have been picking these books up either free or wh ...more
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
3.5 - This was recommended to me and I liked it enough that I've picked up book 2 B Cubed Book Two Bred by Jenna McCormick
Gena
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
This was more like a 2.5*. I just didn't feel connected to the characters. I'm not sure if it was the tone of the writing or the pace of the story but it felt like I was hearing of a story second hand. I'm not interested in reading anymore of the series.
Lisa Book Shelf
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Brred

In the future life is divided by factions. She is raised by Born but is a new creation that with her bred will found a new society.
Kami Dodson-Perry
Dec 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, blogged
In this futuristic world there are 3 kinds of humans: Born, Bred, Borg

Born is what you want to be (So they thought) they are the ones in charge, Bred are the slaves that serve the Born, Borg are the ones feared by the Born and Bred created to serve the Born and fight the Borg.

Cormack understands that as Bred he is a slave. He was made to serve the Born then he will be recycled (killed). The Borns have made there home beneath the surface of the earth this is to help protect them from the the cybo
Lori Green
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jenna McCormick is one of those authors that if you read now, in ten years you'll be bragging to your friends that you read her before they all did. And trust me, they all will.

B Cubed is a story about the earth after an apocolypse. Humanity isn't very human anymore and the world above is almost completely unliveable. Those still living are divided as Born, Bred and Borg. The Born are those natural born humans who hold themselves above others, Bred are engineered humans who serve the Born and th
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
This dystopian/post-apocalyptic world is an interesting one. Due to weather extremes, people live underground and rely on thermal suits when they aren't. A segment of the population are privileged (Born). Born men have all the power; Born women serve the men. The Bred are slaves. The Borg are enhanced and they are feared by the Born and Bred. Not all is at is seems.
Plot is sacrificed because of the length (at just over 100 pages) and sexy times. This would have been better (I think) if longer. I
Riley
May 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I give this book 3.5 stars.  I enjoyed the story.  I was intrigued by the concept of the three separate human classes.  The 'privileged' Born.  The Bred, who are engineered to serve the Born. And the Borg, who are humans enhanced by technology.  Each group fears the others so class biases are rampant and dangerous, though the reasons for the fear are forgotten. In this first book of the B-Cubed Trilogy, Allora (a Born) connects with Cormack (a Bred) in a way that goes beyond master and servant a ...more
AnnaM
Sep 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-sfrs, sfr
Stellar worldbuilding and a hot romance. Who could ask for more?

The world was destroyed, but in a way I don't remember reading before, and with a twisty outcome that I didn't see coming. The characters are tragic and interesting. The worldbuilding is detailed enough to satisfy this SF fan, and yet accessible enough that non-tech fans should enjoy it too. The sex is hot and yes, somewhat graphic, but it doesn't overwhelm the plot and is vital to the characters and their relationship.

It gets mor
Krissys
Okay, first off, Borg? You couldn't have come up with something else? That was so distracting. (I'm a Star Trek fan, that was difficult to get past.)
Anyways. Now that I've ranted. Why couldn't you have given us so much more? I really liked this book and it had the potential to be so much more bigger than it was. I hope seeing that its only the first book of a series that the author expands on the main characters (Allora and Cormack) and especially the world that they're in.
I am so impressed wi
Jeanette Grey
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
B Cubed Book One is a sexy, fast-paced science fiction romance, full of colorful, original characters and set in a fascinating universe. The writing is strong and the chemistry searing, but the best part, I think, is Jenna McCormick's skillful world-building. I'm very much looking forward to the follow-up books to learn more about this universe she's created.
Anna
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
The author set up an interesting enough world and the couple did end up together. It just felt like it was the beginning of their relationship because most of the story was about them escaping, so it ended not long after they successfully got away. Reading the summary of the next 2 books, it looks like they're no longer the main characters.
Susan Commeford
It was okay. Needed more story in my view. Their coming together isn't really believable that quickly. A slave under constant threat of death or recycling in this case would not make a sexual overture to the overseer. And about the time you think more story with background content is coming, it ends.
Netanella
Wow! Awesome-sauce all around on this awesome book of a post-apocalyptic romance that has great characters, lots of action, and good, solid writing. I enjoyed this immensely, staying up waaay past my bedtime to finish it.

Great world-building - I fell right into McCormick's world of the Born, the Bred, and the Cyborgs seamlessly - and can't wait to read more.
Gail Hart
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not exactly a fan of post-apocalyptic stories, but one is wonderful. The world-building is done seamlessly without interfering with the story, the writing is smoothe, the hero and heroine are both likeable, and the sex is hot. I read it in one sitting.
Stephanie
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always been a fan of 'dark future' stories and this one delivers. Interesting twist at the end. Very hot and steamy!
Monique
Picked this one up on a whim and so glad I did. It was a quick read despite being deep, dark, and dystopian. I really liked it and thought that the characterization was quite well done.
Sabine Priestley
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kathryn
Holy good book! I'm not one for sci-fi but this is right up my alley! Can not wait to read the next one in the series.
Marianne
Really interesting premise. Could have been longer; I found that the events after the cyborgs appeared were quite rushed.
Maylin
Feb 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
It was an ok read. The scenario was interesting and I would have liked to have seen more made of it. However it seemed more of a vehicle for a pretty run of the mill erotic romance.
Cyndi  (ncflyergal)
This could have been an amazing book if it was longer (only 106 pages) and she had expanded on the story.
Angela
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5* rating out of 5*

description
Melissa
rated it did not like it
May 13, 2015
Loretta
Apr 17, 2014
Maryana
Feb 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Embracing Silence (Project Alpha, #1)
  • One Thousand Brides (Star Brides, #1)
  • Alien Blood (Diaspora Worlds, #2)
  • Purity (Pure and Tainted, #1)
  • Passion Model
  • Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #4)
  • Xena (Galaxy Playmates #4)
  • Captive Mail (Mail Call #3)
  • Warlord's Bounty (Chamele Barbarian Warlords/Barbarian Claims #2)
  • The Gigolo’s Bride (The Necklace Chronicles, #2)
  • Maia and Rylan (Tales of the Shareem, #1.5)
  • Alien Revealed (The Confederacy Treaty, #1)
  • Rebel Heart
  • Past Pleasures (Desire Through Time, #1)
  • Tiger of Talmare (Frontiers of Love, #1)
  • Heat
  • Beyond the Rain (Realms Beyond, #1)
  • Earth Moves (Island Guardians #1)
A little fantasy goes a long way....
Born on Sanibel Island somewhere between the fifth and seventh bottle of Rosa Regale, Jenna McCormick writes big girl romance with a touch of out of this world fantasy. Her hobbies include scouring the Internet for the perfect pair of boots and stirring up trouble, much to the dismay of her alter ego.

Contact Jenna at authorjennamac@gmail.com