Start by marking “Why You're Dumb, Sick and Broke...and How to Get Smart, Healthy and Rich!” as Want to Read:
Why You're Dumb, Sick and Broke...and How to Get Smart, Healthy and Rich!

Why You're Dumb, Sick and Broke...and How to Get Smart, Healthy and Rich!

This groundbreaking self-help book reveals the secrets of manifesting health, happiness, and prosperity in your life, but not in a way you've experienced before. Blunt, outspoken, and brutally honest, Randy Gage shoots down the forces that hold you back and keep you dumb, sick, and broke, and shows you how to take action to get smart, healthy, and rich.
Published September 1st 2006 by Wiley (first published January 1st 2006)

Be the first to ask a question about Why You're Dumb, Sick and Broke...and How to Get Smart, Healthy and Rich!

Start your review of Why You're Dumb, Sick and Broke...and How to Get Smart, Healthy and Rich!
Тsvetan
Jan 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adiemus-project
Eye opening, really. I appreciate his efforts. He has made a fine tool for those who wish to start thinking and get on the prosperity track. Just my opinion.
It gives you an idea of how brainwashed the normal guys are. I definitely liked the meme part. I'm included - some of the insights really made me uncomfortable and it took time and effort to see it from his perspective and at least try to grasp what he's trying to say. It's well written, don't get me wrong. The guy has a way with words. It's
Lost In A Fog
Feb 28, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-help
Didn't do a thing for me. It seems like it mostly a lecture on why you're a pussy and the author isn't....
Christine
Jan 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Gage's book is a quick and thoughtful read. He breaks down the idea of creating prosperity that so many other books describe by using himself as the example of moving from lack to succes. One great thing about this book is that he is realistic about what type of training and time people would need to invest to create a passive stream of income. This is outlined and categorized in a helpful way. You may get offended by his Libertarian mode of thinking (which I recognized before he called it what ...more
Deepak Chaudhary
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
this book is really is well worth reading. It will open your eyes to how your own beliefs and likes have been wrongly programmed into you and all this is attracting bad things and people are sabotaging and sacrificing themselves in order to stay true to stupid beliefs. I use to think that I shoyld not watch the news because it feeds negative views of the world to me and that I was some how better off for not watching it but through this book I saw that everything from popular movies, music, ...more
David Feinstein
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is certainly an eye-opener. Unless you are already rich and prosperous, you will find something in this book that will be of value.

This is the type of material that needs to be seen and read by everyone. At least, you will get exposed to a totally different view of the real world.

It might shock you awake from the life-long programming you receive from the media, government and religions. Randy's ranting is positive in tone and concise
Vivek Narayan
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The title is not read-bait. Looks like he is talking to you in person.
Iordachescu
May 07, 2016 rated it liked it
O carte care încearcă să răspundă la întrebarea de ce ești prost, bolnav și sărac... noi avem o vorbă populară care spune: De ce ești prost? Pentru că ești sărac! De ce ești sărac? Pentru că ești prost! Interdependență între prostie sărăcie și boală există fără doar și poate. Ei, și cauza pe care ne-o pune în față autorul este... modul în care gândim sau anumite scheme logice, numite - „mem” - un fel de virusuri ale rațiunii. Acestea sunt asumate de om prin influențe și mai ales prin mass-media ...more
Createpei
Excellent - while I don't agree with everything Randy suggests - I love that he challenges you to think outside of your box and your memes and think of things through a different lens. This is on my lists as a definite re-reread and will be purchasing this in book form as well!

"Your prosperity is not tied to the economy, your job, your education, your boss, or your past. It is here, now for you to manifest as YOU choose to." Randy Gage
Bruno Coelho
Mar 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book! One of the greatest minds of the personal development and success scene, Randy Gage writes about everything that causes impact on your life and what makes us poor, sick and broke. He invite us for a reflection about the food we eat nowadays, the style of work, the media and the mind virus (memes)and the negative programming we are exposed every day from these sources.
Chris Lianos
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Time to re-read a classic...

Now, I'm into self help and prosperity and all that, but this guys sets a new standard. I'm lucky enough to call him a friend, but let me tell you, he tells it to you straight and with both barrels. If you are SERIOUS about making changes to your life, this books is a must.
Vladimir Brus
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book contains inappropriate thoughts if you are too religious or Love-Your-Goverment type of person. Please do not read if you love to complain about life - thoughts might kill you! But if you are openminded, seeker for the better life person - reed it or listen till the end. Thank you will benefit from a lot of good ideas and advices.
Tomas Wey
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a phantastic book and a great surprise in the so called self help arena. Brilliant read. Provoking, stimulating, and touching on some of the most fundamental questions of human life. Refreshingly un-american but following through on some of the core american values. Here is someone with an authentic voice. No "herd talk".
Vlad
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Vlad by: Eindhoven
Shelves: self-development
Let's say I gave it 2 stars because of two or three interesting ideas. But all are superficial with no in-depth philosophy supporting them.
More to say, accesses the most superficial and "touchable" views upon a good life, a road to a good life. And nothing more.
Juzefa
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-growth
...why didn't I read this sooner. It's one of those books, everyone should read at least once [if you don't want to stay a narrow-minded, broke looser] An eye opener for the idea of prosperity! I fully get the idea why Randy Gage is called a messiah of the business world.
Svetlana
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
И эта книга, как не странно, стала для меня поворотной. С нее начался пересмотр моей карьеры. Я ушла с наемной работы и ушла в долгие странствия собственного бизнеса ) Прочитала ее практически перед самым Новым годом. Неудивительно, что увидела в ней знак и руководство к действию ))
Leah Lambart
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Revolutionized the way I think about being rich and how becoming rich changes the world for the better. Should be required reading for anyone who wants to be an entrepreneur or better their life.
Lisa Salinas
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. I plan to read and listen to this one over and over again.
Jenn
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very direct and in your face. Good stuff for self-reflection and personal development. It's an easy read also, I finished this one in two days.
Ana Reinhard
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
A truly inspiring book. It not only talks about success and how to make room for it but it also inspires you to question everything you know.
Григор
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book. Better than i thought. Really make you think about everything.
Edward Edberg
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bold... make you to question your core belief as the foundation of your life!
Must read book, if you're really want to have a success mindset but petrified of "something".
Andrew William
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book which makes you think of the way you do your daily routines and makes you move beyond the usual
Martin Goldberg
Nov 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
A little disappointing. His new book, "Risky Is the New Safe" is much better in my opinion.
Кристин Кръстева
Задължително четиво за всеки, който иска да постигне повече в живота си! Много доволна!
Zac Schuit
Sep 11, 2019
Edwin Ekadu
Oct 09, 2016
Maria
rated it did not like it
Jan 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success
  • What Color Is Your Parachute? A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers
  • Walkable City Rules: 101 Steps to Making Better Places
  • Start Late, Finish Rich: A No-Fail Plan for Achieving Financial Freedom at Any Age
  • Outwitting the Devil: The Secret to Freedom and Success
  • Ragionevoli dubbi
  • La donna della domenica
  • Het schervengericht (Homo duplex)
  • Τα ψηλά βουνά
  • Difesa a zona
  • Mach II With Your Hair On Fire: The Art of Vision & Self Motivation
  • Le jour où j'ai appris à vivre
  • L'homme qui voulait être heureux
  • Le philosophe qui n'était pas sage
  • Ceux qui vont mourir te saluent
  • Todo modo
  • L'homme qui voulait être heureux de Laurent Gounelle (Fiche de lecture): Analyse complète de l'oeuvre
  • Conversations with Millionaires: What Millionaires Do to Get Rich, That You Never Learned about in School!
Randy Gage has been called “the Millionaire Messiah” because he believes that you are meant to be rich, and it is a sin to be poor! Through his prosperity workshops, books and CDs, he travels the world teaching that health, happiness, and wealth are possible for all who desire it. Randy reveals how to harness the power of thought and intention to manifest success in all areas of your life.
“Nothing will infect you with a negative view of the world faster than hanging around people with harmful belief systems.” 3 likes
“If everyone had their own happiness as a foundational value, and acted on principles that enabled them to be truly happy, what a wonderful world it would be!” 1 likes