Start by marking “Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5)

Fallen in Love

(Fallen #3.5)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  43,211 ratings  ·  1,940 reviews
And in a twist of fate, four extraordinary love stories intersect over the course of a romantic Valentine’s Day in medieval England. Miles and Shelby find love where they least expect it. Roland learns a painful lesson about finding and losing love. Arriane pays the price for a love so fierce it burns. And for the first—and last—time, Daniel and Luce spend a night together ...more
Published January 24th 2012 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Fallen in Love, please sign up.
Kat ♡ No, technically, you do not need to read any of the Fallen books in order to read the book Unforgiven cause this story is about Cam and not Daniel and…moreNo, technically, you do not need to read any of the Fallen books in order to read the book Unforgiven cause this story is about Cam and not Daniel and Luce. Fallen in Love is based on Arriane, and so you don't really need to read it. The Fallen series are really good, most of the people judge on the first book which is quite stereotypical but the second, third and fourth book is really good, so if you really want a plot twist and an interesting story line you must keep reading. I hope this helps :)(less)
N D its before, because it says this is "book 3.5"…moreits before, because it says this is "book 3.5"(less)
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,493 books — 15,549 voters
YA Novels of 2012
1,240 books — 10,600 voters

More lists with this book...

·  43,211 ratings  ·  1,940 reviews

Start your review of Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5)
Cait
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Post-review: I feel like, after reading almost all of this series, now, including the in-between book that I was in no way obligated to read, I am allowed to write a letter. I feel as if we have grown......so much closer over this series. So much closer.....:

My dearest Lauren Kate; my honey-bun, my up-and-downer; my peach,

I regret to inform you that your writing has gone all-out bipolar on us all, and this book is prime evidence of that fact. Passion was the worst book of this series to dat
Steph Sinclair
Sep 29, 2011 marked it as unlikely  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angels
This book is about the only Valentine's day that Luce and Daniel ever had together.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

How romantic and heartbreaking is that?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Saniya
Nov 26, 2011 marked it as to-read
Fallen in love?
Fallen 3.5?
Is this a very nasty joke?
*looks at the reviews* O_O Shit.
Awesome. Just freaking awesome. Now I got to read this '3.5' book too.
God! is this just me who wants to just finish this fucking series already so I could know the end due to my big mistake of even starting reading this series? I seriously want to finish and get over with this.
Anyway, pretty cover. -.-
hayden
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
(scroll for review)

They REALLY need to stop screwing with Fernanda's art!!!

Wow. What a complete waste of paper.

The last time I checked, a "novel" was more than two-hundred measly pages of huge text and lots of chapter breaks. Calling this tiny thing a "novel" is ridiculous, as is pricing it at $15.99. Luckily, I got it on sale at Target, so it wasn't too expensive, but I totally want my money back after reading it.

Also, the last time I checked, a novel in a series was supposed to advance the ov
Kiriaki Sandy
Nov 07, 2011 marked it as to-read
To all of you people out there,
there is one thing I don't quite understand; if you have already read the other books in the series, and didn't like them, why do you really have to go and search about this book? And then, why do you have to "review" it, since it hasn't even been published yet? Even if you have no other interest in your life other than being all mean to authors and books, I suggest you keep it to yourself. You can write in your diary.

(Okay, the tagline was a bit lame indeed, but
Elena Salvatore
This is a novella you can just skip. It doesn't add anything important to the main books other than the details of how Ariane came to her scars.
There are only 4 little love stories.

description

If you wish to read this novella on your own, without knowing anything about it... stop here.
Do not push the View Spoiler button.

(view spoiler)
Roohdaar
Feb 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
description

Okay. So maybe I knew what I was getting myself into. Just maybe. But I still gave it a try. I was sane enough to. But boy. Boy, oh, boy. The first story was incredibly idiotic. Miles and Shelby are nincompoops.

NIN
COM
POOPS.

I don't know why I just did that. Anyway, Shelby is so annoying. Miles is such a wuss. All they talked about was Luce and Daniel. And it just amazes me how those two tolerate each other. I mean, I have to be pretty insane to not want to beat the crap out of them.

Pretty. Insa
Prabhjot Kaur
I liked this mini-read. It consists of short love stories and I liked them all. It doesn't add to the actual Fallen series which I already expected and I didn't mind.

We are taken to Medieval England and learn of Valentine's day. We also learn some things about Roland and Ari's past which I had been wanting to know throughout the series so yeah that was great.

A lovely short read.

MissBecka Gee
I really enjoyed getting to know some of the side characters a little better.
Luce is becoming more and more of a problem for me...sooo lame.
I think I will take a break before I try the last two books.
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
Fallen in Love is a novel which tells the tales of Miles, Shelby, Roland, Arriane, Luce and Daniel finding love on Valentine’s Day in Medieval England. With four different stories and each one completely different from the other, it was nice to see them all come together at the end to help Daniel and Luce have their perfect Valentine’s day. I did enjoy the single stories, some more than others but I don’t think it’s something you have to read in order to continue with the series. So read it or d ...more
Sophia
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reading this for the second time made me realise just how much I had forgotten!
It was so good being able to delve back into these little side stories to see the different kinds of love and relationships. There was heartbreak but there was also joy and comfort.

We were able to learn a little more about a couple of characters plus see a new relationship blossom!
Overall, if you have any interest in the Fallen series, definitely check this novella out. It is not essential reading but it does give
Veronica Alvarez
May 21, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5
It was an entertaining book
I really enjoyed all the stories, and as always I like to see more of each character
I also like that one of those was actually a LGBTQ+ relationship because in those years it wasn't that popular to include those kind of relationship but I was surprised and I think that one is my favorite
I was really into Miles and Shelby relationship I think they were so cute
And Ronald Oh, poor Ronald but I'm happy he did better
Luce and Daniel I don't know we still follow the part w
Mary ♥
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Miles and Shelby: 4/5 stars

I really liked the story but it was not like...something to wow me, it was quick and funny.

Roland: 5/5 stars

Roland is my fave<3 I never expected him to have such a story. It was really painful and proved that he is not heartless

Arianne: 5/5 stars

Even more heartbreaking. OH MY GOD. Arianne's story was my favorite because it was so cute and sad and a million other things

Luce: 3/5 stars

This one wasn't the best. To be honest, I loved how cute it was but not much hap
Kayla
Loved the peek into the lives of the side characters
Kirsten
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
catherine ♡
Aug 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
This was...okay? It wasn't as annoying as the original books, that's for sure — and honestly the romance was less cringy, but it still lacked the oomph factor and everything felt low-stakes. ...more
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
I gave this a poor rating due to the fact that two of the stories had terrible endings. I like the characters in the book but when you don't give happy endings in love stories you make me mad. I get that real life isn't always happy but this is books. Authors should just know that more times than not the person reading it wants a happy ending. ...more
James Tullos
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is just a few short stories about side characters in the Fallen series. Roland's story was great and gave him some much needed development, Shelby's was the same, though not quite as good, the other two are horrendously forgettable. If you're a fan of this series then read this one (before the final book). It's not needed but it's a good look at some other characters that don't get enough focus. ...more
Mariah
“Smile child, men like a happy maid.”
That is a direct quote from this book.
Need I say more?
Heather
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A-MA-ZING!

*Spoilers from now on!!*

'Love where you least expect it'
(The valentine of Miles and Shelby) :

This story follows Miles and Shelby as they step out of an announcer and into Medieval times, or more specifically, into the middle of a Valentine's faire!

I really enjoyed this as it gave more depth into the two's relationship and saw it develop more without any distractions/life-changing missions.

'Love Lessons'
(The valentine of Roland)

This one was heart-felt and beautifully written as it also
Ronda
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!!!

I had no idea it contained 4 separate love stories with our favourite characters and yet the 4 love stories were combined as one...

What a fabulous delight!
Azbaqiyah
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I really love Miles and Shelby parts. They are the cutest and the sweetest story in this book!

(*´▽`*)
Amy Lignor
Feb 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
True Love Never Says Goodbye… Except for the reader, who reads these books with such intensity and passion that they almost want to strangle the publisher for having the nerve to offer an excerpt to the final Fallen book that they won’t be able to get their hands on for a few more months.

The Fallen series has become one of the largest and most well-known when it comes to the “winged ones” of the world, and Lauren Kate has managed to captivate and enchant all of her fans. Having this new novel t
Rachel
3 stars.

I usually don't have a single page that stands out to me but in this case, with this book, there is that 1 page. Page 87 where we discover Cam has turned up in the city I was born in! It doesn't state the name of the city but its clear from the description.

"He found Cam at the southern tip of the Islands that would one day be called New Zealand" ohh yes. My home, my heart. Forever. Which is interesting as this is a book about 4 love stories. And my real home, is my love.

Anyway. I'd have
Sierra
Louisa
Dec 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reads
So very fantastic, loved these stories of love, whether is's starting, ending, hard times or easy times, and now to read Rapture!

*First read July 8th 2012*
Lots of great short stories of romance, some sad, some not, but all of them great, and the excerpt from Rapture was amazing! Can't wait for my library copy of it to come in!
Elisya Nazman
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
FEELS, FEELS ARE SCATTERING EVERYWHERE.

"And in that moment under the stars, a simple understanding passed among the four. Sometimes love needed a lift from its guardian angels, to get its feet off the ground. But once it made its first early beats toward flight, it had to be trusted to take wing on its own and soar past the highest conceivable heights, into the heavens,and beyond."
Andy
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
Honestly I would've rated this higher if it weren't for Daniel and Luce at the end. They just annoy me so much!!! All the other stories I liked. ...more
Cassidy
May 20, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
i can't with all the cheese. why does this book even exist. ...more
High School love 1 2 Oct 12, 2017 12:57PM
Shelby and Miles..thoughts?? 14 79 May 11, 2016 12:09PM
YA lovers <3: Fallen in love 2 7 Oct 07, 2014 09:45PM
Do you have to read this before rapture? 5 57 Jun 05, 2014 08:20AM
Is Arriane a lesbian? 17 267 Nov 20, 2013 03:24PM
Fun Reads & RoleP...: Fallen in Love 1 3 Apr 03, 2013 08:00PM
love stories 1 10 Sep 19, 2012 02:34PM

• Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)
  • Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
  • Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • Hades (Halo, #2)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
  • Heaven (Halo, #3)
  • Il mio demone custode
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Liebe geht durch alle Zeiten (Edelstein Trilogie, #1-3)
  • Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3.5)
  • Whitemantle
  • Halo (Halo, #1)
  • Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4)
  • Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)
  • Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)
  • A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy, #1)
  • A Witch in Love (Winter Trilogy, #2)
See top shelves…
Lauren Kate is the author of novels for adults, teens, and children, including the rom-com BY ANY OTHER NAME and the young adult series, FALLEN. She lives in Laurel Canyon with her family.

Fallen (5 books)
  • Fallen (Fallen, #1)
  • Torment (Fallen, #2)
  • Passion (Fallen, #3)
  • Rapture (Fallen, #4)
  • Unforgiven (Fallen, #5)