Start by marking “Children Who Do Too Little: Why Your Kids Need to Work Around the House (and How to Get Them to Do It)” as Want to Read:

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Using stories and plenty of humor, Patricia Sprinkle argues persuasively that children need to do chores to develop basic life skills.
Published November 1st 1996 by Zondervan Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Children Who Do Too Little, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children Who Do Too Little

Scott Kennedy
The simple premise of this book is that children who do too little in childhood may grow up to be incapable of doing enough as adults. Patricia Sprinkle argues that part of our job as parents is helping our children move out of our lives - which necessitates teaching / forcing children to learn to take care of themselves. She argues that teaching your children how to do chores around the home teaches your children that the family is the priority.

Like John Rosemond, Sprinkle argues that while so
Elizabeth
Oct 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family, 2010
Much of this book was wasted on me as it seems to me that author is remarkably like myself or my mother. She recommends book I have already read, brings in theories I already agree with, suggests ideas my mother used, etc... She even recommends a book by Joy Berry who writes wonderful books my mother collected and passed on to me. I was able to read this book quite quickly because she even conveniently puts in a summary at the end of each chapter.

The list or chores by age was also very nice. I
Adrienne
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEST book ever on teaching kids to clean. Even if your kids do a good job on their chores, this book will make you realize that they can DO MORE than they are already doing. Most American kids do not do enough chores. Too much entertainment will not lead to confident, responsible adults. This book will motivate you as a parent to set a strong chore system in your daily routines.
Nancy
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
This should be required reading for every parent. I found the age appropriate chore list to be very helpful. We focused on it for several summers with our girls. Good basic life skills that every child needs!
Skye
Jun 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Reinforced the idea that parents really do their children a disservice by not teaching them to work. I wanted more concrete, specific ideas of how or I would have rated it higher.
Nicole Vander Zwaag
Jan 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great book!! Have implemented several techniques at home and are enjoying the results!!
Monica Albright
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lots of great advice...now to put it into action...with the help of God and lots of prayers.
Sharon Siepel
Feb 07, 2015
Nov 22, 2009
Julie Tucker
Feb 08, 2018
Aka Patricia Houck Sprinkle.

When I met and married Bob, he looked over our budget and demanded, "Why don’t you write a mystery to pay for all the ones you buy?" I immediately knew I wanted to put a body in a building where I’d once worked. However, being over-endowed with the Protestant ethic, I wrote "important" things first and only wrote the mystery in my spare time, so my first mystery, Murder
More about Patricia Sprinkle