Start by marking “Who Brings Forth the Wind (Kensington Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Who Brings Forth the Wind (Kensington Chronicles, #3)

Who Brings Forth the Wind (Kensington Chronicles #3)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  3,953 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Tanner Richardson, the volatile duke of Cambridge, sees his wife with another man. Misinterpreting the situation, he erupts in rage and throws her and their unborn baby out. Tanner’s anger smolders—until the night he is shot….
Published June 1st 1994 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Who Brings Forth the Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Brings Forth the Wind

Michele
Jun 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cool book. I stayed up way to late reading this 2 nights in a row telling myself just a little more, but as with all the Lori Wick books I've read there's always something that happens to make you want to read 'just a little more...'. This is a great story.
Sadi
Feb 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can not say that Tanner Richardson is to my liking. I ended up liking this story, though. Stacy is a strong, defiant, capable woman. Truly remarkable. I really like that they fall in love, but I do not like the way Tanner treated her, he didnt give her a chance.I do understand though with the way his ex-wife Leslie treated him. That does not give him an excuse to do it. He eventually grew on me. I love the last parts when they truly are in love again.
Tiffany Morrison
Another of my all-time favorites and one I've read a few times. This book is about a country girl who goes to visit her aunt in London and falls in love. A misunderstanding ensues and she moves back to the country. You root for her husband to realize the truth. Very good book!
Mir
Feb 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Judine
Much like "The Pursuit," the book was flawless until the epilogue, for once again she tried to wrap up too much. The novel was concluded 15 to 20 years prior to the events of the epilogue, and the intermarriages of the two key noble families (something she often uses) wore a bit thin. However, Stacy is my favorite heroine (after Meg) in this series because she's the most "real."
Kelly Heslip
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite of the series.
Janelle
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
reminds me the most of secular romance, but not explicit--
Erika
Mar 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Possibly my favorite Wick book, and that's saying something.
Rose
Mar 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I really like this book... I found myself getting so into the storyline that I accidentally yelled at one of the characters and woke my hubby up! LOL
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith-fiction
Time Period: 1850's
Location: England
A.
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall I give this book 4.2 out of 5. Rating breakdown as follows:

Characters were quite realistic and believable, very good character development. 4.5 out of 5 because they were a little "choppy" for lack of a better word...they weren't as nuanced as I would have liked them.

Plot--3.5 out of 5---(view spoiler)
Kenzie Bennett
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lori Wick is one of those authors, that when girls need a little romance, they turn to her. I have read this book 3 or 4 times because it's just such a good love story. There is such an innocence with Stacy, one of the main characters, and a gentleness but an intimidation with Tanner, the other.
Stacy is that small town, wide-eyed girl that lives with her grandfather and loves life. She goes to live with her aunt for a summer and meets Tanner, a strong man with a very troubled past. They marry
Stacey Cochran
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Tanner and Stacy's story is so wonderful. I love that they fell in love slowly over time even though they rushed into a marriage and had many ups and downs. I felt that if they would have just communicated better, they would have had a good relationship the entire time. That did frustrate me. Also, the beginning of the book is so day-by-day detailed, but as the book goes, the time frame becomes more stretched out, which I found distracting. Overall, I enjoyed the story and seeing the characters ...more
Marie Freundl
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, the beginning was shaky I admit freely, the girl was naive to the extreme and the guy was trapped in his past, not knowing how to break free from it. After they separate, which you'll see coming in advance I assure you, the girl matures and grows some back bone and the guy misses her a lot but is stubborn as a mule, eventually they reunite but he doesn't know what to do with her, she however tries her hardest to make their marriage work. And in the end she grow to be perfect f ...more
Oluwaseun Titiladunayo
I remember reading this book for three days & nights. I just couldn't cover the book without anticipating what would happen next. I love Anastasia- warm, trusting, beautiful and loving and Tanner- Cold, cynical and charming. it's a great story and a must read for someone who spots it on a bookshelf......
Karen
Apr 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stacy, Anastasia, is drawn to Tanner Richardson when they first lay eyes on each other. But Tanner, the Duke of Cambridge, would rather look for a mistress than a wife. Stacy's Aunt Lucinda changes his mind and soon they are wed. Unfortunately through misunderstandings, Tanner turns Stacy away. Will they truly come together as husband and wife?
Dorothy
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the way that Lori Wick writes and this is a good one. Stacy was raised by her grandfather and is now of marriageable age. So, her aunt takes her to London to be introduces into London society. In London she meets and marries Lord Tanner Richardson. The story is about their life and how God can help and intervene.
Kelli
Dec 30, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hated this. I read this after I read Hawk and the Jewel, which was an amazing concept but only mildly executed well. This one was so brutal, but in a none brutal way. It was like the author was trying to convey deep depression, without letting there be a reason for it. Baffling story. Not well written, OR thought out.
CathyLynn Bryant
Stacy is a sweet, innocent, beautiful young woman who captures the interest of Tanner Richardson, a duke with a terrible temper. As we read about the grace with which this young woman handles every situation, we find that she is worthy role model. This was one of my favorites and is now on my "to keep" shelf.
Nikki
Apr 18, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans Of Lori Wick
Tanner Richardson, the volatile duke of Cambridge, sees his wife with another man. Misinterpreting the situation, he erupts into rage and throws her and their unborn baby out. Tanner’s anger smolders—until the night he is shot....
Emily
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so almost embarrassed that I love this book series. It is a cheesy Christian romance where everyone is rich and those who aren't love to be servants. I don't know why this series just makes me smile and I can literally read it in a day!
Melisha
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Christian story. First one I've read by this author. Loved the tradition of the relationship.
Eileen Bartsch
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eileen
Jaclynn
Feb 24, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2007
One of the main themes of this book was how a woman trusted in the Lord to bring her husband to Christ and put their marriage back together after her husband falsely accused her of something.
Karen
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the characters and the plot was good.

Content: Clean
Jen
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
best of the series!
Karen Chow
As usual, happy endings, everyone becomes a Christian. But it does highlight prayer, which is nice. The story is a little cliche...rags to riches.
Brooke Rickard
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It was very sweet and ended happily. The characters were very real and good examples for people.
  • A Gown of Spanish Lace (The Janette Oke Collection) (Women of the West)
  • Deirdre (Fires of Gleannmara, #3)
  • The Bachelor's Bargain (Miss Pickworth Series #2)
  • Highland Legacy: Four Generations of Love Are Rooted in Scotland
  • Castles: Kingdom Divided / Alas My Love / If Only / Five Geese Flying
  • Valiant Hearts (Egypt Trilogy #3)
  • True Honor (Uncommon Heroes #3)
  • The Maverick (Men of the Saddle #3)
  • Toward the Sunrising (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #4)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...

Kensington Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles, #1)
  • Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles, #2)
  • The Knight and the Dove (Kensington Chronicles, #4)