Start by marking “Cyborg Cinema” as Want to Read:
Cyborg Cinema

Cyborg Cinema

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  3 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
What are cyborgs? How have they been represented in cinema? And why have they generated such an astonishing degree of critical and popular interest? These are the questions that underpin this book. It asks what relevance the cyborg has in exploring the nature of human identity, questioning our relationship to technology and speculating on envisaged prospects for the future ...more
Published October 15th 2011 by Palgrave Macmillan (first published November 10th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Cyborg Cinema, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cyborg Cinema

James Parsons
I had been intending to find a good book like this for a while, feeling that I have mostly been stuck in fiction for many months. As I am writing new science fiction, and also studied film making in the past, this book greatly appealed to me.
The main film discussed are the Terminator series, Matrix trilogy, Robocop series, Alien films and then a few others as well as some classic science fiction authors.
This really is very academic, reminding me of my essays and lectures at university, and it w
Taylor Mullins
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great read, very broad range of philosophical readings on the genre from marxism, feminism, humanistic, post-modernism and more. However, I felt Sue took some of the subjects/films far too seriously... In particular Terminator 3... It wasn't some dying machismo outcry against the rise of feminism, it was a fucking marketing ploy. And a poor one at that.
Tineke Dijkstra