Start by marking “Promise Me” as Want to Read:
Promise Me

Promise Me

Available only in e-book format from Amazon
Combat Hospital – Kandahar Airfield
What are the odds? Karen Hughes, an ER nurse, travels half way around the world only to meet someone from the other side of town. Brian Calder, a medevac helicopter pilot, breezes into Karen’s life like a refreshing ocean spray. Both from Vancouver Island, they discover that they share much in co
ebook
Published May 18th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Promise Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promise Me

Karen
Feb 05, 2015 Karen rated it liked it
3.5 Sweet Stars

This was a lovely short sweet romance that I would call one of my short fluffy reads. Partly set in a Combat Hospital in Kandahar Airfield and back in Vancouver Island, Karen Hughes is an ER nurse who makes a promise to Brian Calder, a pilot she meets. There was a lot of tug and pull in the book but it ends with a lovely HEA.

This book was a Kindle Freebie

Katie Chapman
Dec 19, 2016 Katie Chapman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

Mona Ingram always gives readers an enjoyable story. This one includes details of Afghanistan and Vancouver, B.C. along with an arch enemy and true love times two.
Stephen
Better than most romance novels, this one actually had a decent plot and great character development. Basicly our heroine meets a helicopter pilot in Afghanistan, starts to fall for him right before he dies. At the end of her tour, she heads back to their hometown to keep a promise of returning his grandmother's ring. She ends up staying, falling for his brother, having to deal with his witch ex-girlfriend, and the usual he said/she said romance novel conflict erupts before being quashed in a se ...more
S.E. Nelson
Dec 16, 2012 S.E. Nelson rated it it was amazing
A short but well developed story with realistic and interesting characters. The story was very moving and well executed. I liked the fact that the romance storylines involved both young and old. The romantic encounters were not too explicit which is rare with most modern romance stories. I could not find anything to fault on this book. Highly recommended.
Jennifer Shirk
Jun 12, 2012 Jennifer Shirk rated it really liked it
Promise Me is lovely romance. Parts were very touching. I enjoyed the realistic contemporary wartime setting and the issues surrounding that. The story will tug at your heartstrings, but ultimately come to a satisfying happily ever after.
Jamie
Oct 09, 2012 Jamie rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Overall, I liked the story. I really liked the authors' writing and the story flowed and the decriptions were good. I really, really liked the characters. They were flawed but honestly...there were just too many coincidences and that put me off.
Rosie Amber
Oct 19, 2012 Rosie Amber rated it really liked it
Lovely romance, wasn't sure if the whole story would take place in a war Zone, glad it didn't. Had my first holiday in Canada last year and it was fantastic. This brought back memories of the brilliant Canadian people. Can't wait to go back and explore some more.
Frankie
Well, essentially the story was interesting and the character engaging, however I felt the story moved too quickly and had major gaps. Nobreal sense of time passing!
Kimme
Feb 15, 2015 Kimme rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mellow

The character development was ok. The storyline was predictable. The villain was immature. Overall this was a tame story. The guy that died was my favorite character.
Alison
kindle 122 (chic lit)
Traci De carlo
Jun 19, 2014 Traci De carlo rated it it was amazing
What a great story made me cry a few times but I loved it!
Jackie Thorpe
Jackie Thorpe rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2017
Chery
Chery rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Brandi  Dugett
Brandi Dugett rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Mary J.
Mary J. rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Dsircher
Dsircher rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Riana
Riana rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Vijaya
Vijaya rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2012
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2013
Lucybee
Lucybee rated it did not like it
Jun 17, 2015
Hilary
Hilary rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
Marie Cardwell
Marie Cardwell rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • A Million Wishes (Wishes, #1)
  • Travelers Rest
  • Everyday, Average Jones / Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #4-5)
  • The Girls Come Marching Home: Stories of Women Warriors Returning from the War in Iraq
  • Sleeping With the Agent (Crossfire, #3)
  • Memories
  • Letters From Home
  • Memoirs of an Outlaw: Life in the Sandbox
  • Broken
  • Aftershock: The Blast That Shook Psycho Platoon
  • An Unexpected Date (Treasured Dreams, #1)
  • Sentimental Journey
  • The Calling
  • Canyon Walls
  • The Memory of You (Return to Redemption, #0.5)
  • The Best Mistake (Millionaire's Club)
  • Moonshell Beach (Shelter Bay, #4)
  • Beyond Valor
Mona Ingram is the author of 30 romance novels, including eight novellas. Many of her stories take place in British Columbia, where she has lived since the age of twelve. In recent years she has lived in the Okanagan Valley and on Vancouver Island. In addition to reading and writing, traveling and bird watching are among Mona's favourite pastimes.
More about Mona Ingram...