Start by marking “The Blood of the Covenant (Vincent DeVilbiss, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Blood of the Covenant (Vincent DeVilbiss, #2)

The Blood of the Covenant (Vincent DeVilbiss #2)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  85 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A tale of unholy passion and unearthly surrender

Princeton University librarians Simon Penn and Frederika Vanderveen have rescued an ancient document from dark, destructive forces. But to reveal its dead prophecy they must decipher a dead vampire's diaries, locked away in Switzerland.

A satanic bargain sealed in blood

Simon is deeply in love with the beautiful, enigmatic Fred
Published June 15th 1997 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published August 15th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Blood of the Covenant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood of the Covenant

Dan Gladwell
Feb 27, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adventure
The sequel to "The Book of Common Dread", I found this one lacking compared to the first in the series. I will admit that Monahan does a good job of expanding his new vampire lore that he established in Common Dread, but the plot itself seems to fall short. One of the great things about Common Dread was how commonplace he made it seem taking place in a college town to a small group of people. Blood of the Covenant strays away from that and it seems like Monahan forced his characters into a more ...more
Rebecca
Apr 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as good as the first first, perhaps because some of the things that were so new and different in the first book weren't quite so new and different by now. Plus, the outstanding character DeVilbiss isn't in this book, although another new character comes in who is also great. The action sequence at the end happened a little too fast for me and I had a little trouble keeping up; a main character died and I didn't realize they were really dead until someone else said it later. In my defen ...more
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of supernatural thrillers with a heavy religious theme, so I was hoping for a great read but was left disappointed. There wasn't much "show" and just a lot of "tell," making it difficult to get a good mental image of anything, so I never really got invested in the book. The idea was good and the story had potential, but I don't think the author really knew what to do with it and so it never really got to the exciting part.
Julie H.
Sep 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire-fiction
Now here's some scary fiction! For anyone who has ever spent quality time alone in an archives or other research library and lost all track of the outside world, Monahan's book will raise those little hairs on the back of your neck. This is the best sort of vampire fiction--the stuff that makes you ponder "What if...".
A.J.
Aug 11, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, unowned
Picks up right where The Book of Common Dread left off. Since my favoite part of the first book was the unique interpretaton of the vampire lore, I was pleased that much of this book expanded that further. A must-read for anyone who enjoys the analysis of vampiric existence, as Monahan presents a much more plausible scenario than some.
David Nadolny
Feb 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
A decent vampire book with a slightly new twist on the backstory to vampires. It is a good read with lots of twists in the plot. I was a tad disappointed since I had loved Monahans other books so much.
Esmeralda
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book begins where the previous one left off and I think that it is even better than the first. Simon and Frederika are out to rescue the scrolls from the vampires trying to destroy them. But has Fredericka gone to the other side?
John
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
not bad, but saying it is "best vampire novel since Ann Rice's 1st 2---?" must be a lot of bad vampire nvels since then....Monahan is like the clive cussler of vampire novels
Kim
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers
It was good. Again, another book I didn't know was a series, so I ended up starting in the middle on accident. Good as a stand-alone though.
actress
Sep 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book freaked me out when I read it in high school. Scary book!
SmokingMirror
Suzanne
Jan 24, 2015
Feb 24, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »

Vincent DeVilbiss (2 books)
  • The Book of Common Dread (Vincent DeVilbiss, #1)