Start by marking “Toxic Men: 10 Ways to Identify, Deal With, and Heal from the Men Who Make Your Life Miserable” as Want to Read:

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  136 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Know Thine Toxic Man.
Toxic men come in all shapes, sizes, and dysfunctions. The trick is to know one when you see one--and how to deal with him. In this book, bestselling author and therapist Dr.Lillian Glass shows you how to identify toxic men, and gives you the specific tools you need to avoid them when you can--and handle them effectively when you cannot.

This groundbre
Published October 18th 2010 by Adams Media

To ask other readers questions about Toxic Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toxic Men

Mohammadbnn bandezadegan
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jock Santagati
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've been digging psychology about dating for a while after this friend guy of mine starting a new year resolution quest to get laid but not quiet successful. I respect the guy's choice except that he spent too much money on these scammers' cult. I told him his "alpha dog" project doesn't work. He should seek the real thing out instead. Women just want a guy to have fun with and doesn't have those true colors hidden and doesn't see women as objects so he never get hurt but never happy either. An ...more
Beks
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Not as helpful on the "healing" aspect as I had hoped - still trying to find ways to come to terms with all this.
Solmaz Dolatzadeh
این کتاب برای من در این مقطع خاص مفید بود. چون پس از مطالعه، با دقت بیشتری آدم هایی را که هر روز ممکن است با آن ها برخورد داشته باشم تحلیل میکنم و علائمی را که در این کتاب مبنی بر سمی بودن دیگران و حتی خودم عنوان شده به راحتی تشخیص دهم.
از این جهت که خودم کمتر سمی باشم و در عین حال شیوه برخورد با آدم های سمی را بدانم واقعا سودمند بود.
در نیمه دوم کتاب کمی تکرار مطالب مشابه خسته کننده میشود اما با این وجود مثال ها ارزش خواندن دارد.
بد نیست به ترجمه نسبتا خوب دکتر فرنودی هم اشاره کنم که فهم آن را
Husein
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
دوستی که با نیش و کنایه هایش شما را مورد آزار قرار می دهد و با گفتن "شوخی کردم" قصد دارد از واکنش تند شما جلوگیری کند نمونه یک فرد سمی است. و یا دختری که دچار بیماری کم اشتهایی عصبی شده زیرا در دوران مدرسه دوستش او را گاو چاق صدا می کرده (و این تبدیل یه یک باور در ناخود آگاهش شده) نمونه یک قربانی رفتار های سمی است.
افراد سمی حامیان شما در زندگی نیستند بلکه تنها وجوه منفی را در شما می بینند. دلیل اصلی سمی بودن آنان معمولا حسادت و احساس خود کم بینی و احساس بی کفایتی و حس رقابت است.
دکتر گلاس پس از
Gloria
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Should be required reading for all post-adolescent girls to help sift out the losers from the winners. It's definitely a time-saver. Super useful.
Candy Sparks
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
This book is a worth read for any woman or man that has been abused verbally or physically. This book is about the toxic men in our life and how to best deal with the situation. No women/men should ever be treating with disrespect. Not only does this book help you to see what a toxic man is but how to heal and move on. If you can move one she also give you suggestions about that. The author is amazing and I only found 2 miss spelled words! AMAZING READ! I highly suggest this book to everyone!
Juli Ryan
Dec 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, self-help
This book has a lot of details about how to recognise toxic men by their body language. Do they stand with their toes pointed inward and their arms crossed? Brow furrowed, not looking you in the eye? Not quite as much as I hoped on the healing aspect, or how to meet men who aren't selfish, manipulative, angry, narcissistic, wishy-washy martyr sociopaths.
Ruth
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finally, a sane, intelligent woman takes on a difficult topic like this. I thought she did a great job, including her chapters on how to heal. I love how she tells people to NOT stuff their anger and "forgive" (to make those who are uncomfortable with our pain happy). Her advice is very sensible - remember what happened and don't let it happen again!
Keisha
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Although the focus of the book is on men, the information can also be applied to women. It is always easier to point the finger of blame on others when things do not go right in our relationships. However, this book is definitely an eye opener which will help you to see how your own toxicity may be ruining your relationships.
Celeste
Dec 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
I made it to part 2, then skimmed it. This may have helped when I was 18, but I've learned by now to walk away from what's not working out (i.e, is toxic to me). Also, I've learned what traits I don't want in a man, and what I do. I have my standards, and I'm not settling.
Dee Vasquez
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An enlightening book that had I read it when I was a teenager, I might not have gotten involved as I would have recognized the behaviors as toxic. highly recommend this book for knowledge as that is power to make good choices for our lives.
Shari
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Insightful and useful for dealing with difficult people in general. The questionnaires at the end of the book were most valuable and yielded surprising results, which leads to deeper self discovery, I highly recommend!
Melgoodie
Jan 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had some good learning points, and some good self healing points to re-read as needed.
Melissa
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will probably re-read the chapter on healing on few times.
Sara
Oct 29, 2017
Kathleen
Sep 24, 2014
Kathy Pearce
rated it did not like it
Apr 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Boundaries and Relationships: Knowing, Protecting and Enjoying the Self
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Zen Living
  • How Can I Forgive You?: The Courage to Forgive, the Freedom Not To
  • Controlling People: How to Recognize, Understand, and Deal With People Who Try to Control You
  • Always Hit On The Wingman...and 9 Other Secret Rules for Getting the Love Life You Want
  • El Libro Tibetano De La Vida Y La Muerte/ the Tibetan Book of Life and Death
  • Fabled Lands (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Crazy Busy Beautiful: Beauty Secrets for Getting Gorgeous Fast
  • Confident Conversation: How to Communicate Successfully in Any Situation
  • Soft Spots: A Marine's Memoir of Combat and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
  • The Modern Girl's Guide to Sticky Situations
  • Miracle Girls
  • Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won't Be Dating or Having Sex
  • Almonds and Raisins
  • Should I Stay or Should I Go?: A Guide to Knowing if Your Relationship Can--and Should--be Saved
  • Make Peace With Anyone: Breakthrough Strategies to Quickly End Any Conflict, Feud, or Estrangement
  • Love and Awakening: Discovering the Sacred Path of Intimate Relationship
  • Uncoupling: Turning Points in Intimate Relationships
Dr. Lillian Glass is an international communication and body language expert, media commentator and author of a dozen books, including Toxic People, He Says She Says, and a body language book, I Know What You're Thinking. She has a monthly body language column in Cosmopolitan Magazine. She also is actively involved as a jury consultant.
More about Lillian Glass...