Start by marking “Blood Prophecy (Witch Fairy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Prophecy (Witch Fairy, #2)

Blood Prophecy

(Witch Fairy #2)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  1,266 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
The Fairy mercenaries may be back in their own realm, but the Witches still want Xandra dead.

Fearing an ancient prophecy, the Witches are determined to keep Xandra from destroying the world. Still new to her magical powers, she must learn to use her Witch magic in order to protect herself and those she loves. Now, if only she can get her magic to cooperate.

Once again, Xa
Published (first published September 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Prophecy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Prophecy

The Iron King by Julie KagawaWicked Lovely by Melissa MarrDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningTithe by Holly BlackWings by Aprilynne Pike
Books about Faery
981 books — 2,228 voters
Remembrance by Michelle MadowIncarnate by Jodi MeadowsEverneath by Brodi AshtonTangled Tides by Karen Amanda HooperAlienne Mine by Deborah O'Neill Cordes
CoverLust
275 books — 161 voters

More lists with this book...

Megan
This took me forever to get into.

I can't put my finger on what is up with this but it wasn't exactly what I had wanted.
Samantha
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Love this series, I was SO sad it ended! I wanted more, would love to see a 3rd book come out of this series. Love Xandra, her sarcasm is great. Love Kallen, he just seems huggable, he is so patient with her and her fumblings. Just great, so glad I picked up this jewel of a book/series. Now I'm left wanting more!!!

As a quote I remember says, the test of a great book is dreading the last chapter. (or in my case with my Nook seeing page 140 out of 144) ... Which I completely dreaded to s
Got My Book
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Also posted on my blog Got My Book.

Another YA Contemporary Fantasy sequel that I liked better than its predecessor.

BOOK DETAILS:
Blood Prophecy by Bonnie Lamer, read by Emily Durante, published 2014 / Length: 6 hrs 4 min

SERIES INFO:
This is Book #2 is the (very long) "Witch Fairy" series. So far, the first 4 are available on audio, and there are indications that more are coming.

**This review contains spoilers for the previous book.**

SUMMARY:
I liked this one more than the first. There is more goi
Lynne Bridges
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I have to say that I was so addicted to this book it was read in 1 day. I believe this author has a real talent for paranormal romance. I didn't feel like I had read this before, which happens a lot these days! It was original. I also think that the protagonist kicks butt. Seriously, can anything kill this girl?!?! I have to say it is really awesome having a main female character that it strong and doesn't NEED others. This girl doesn't have a weakness. It rocks!

Anyways, I love th
Tia
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome for snarky, snippy and sarcastic comments all the way through. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. So far as the second installment in the series, it's the best book. I love how everything is progressing and the emotional ups and down are well written. Worth the read!
Jessica Reed
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all
Recommended to Jessica by: found on amazon
love the autor, keep going
Nereid
Feb 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: blood-fairy
A good book but it finished way too soon, lots of action and finding out more about Kallen and Xandra was delightful. Another good book by Bonnie Lamer, lots of twists to keep you guessing.
Ceola
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ok I am glad I read the 2nd bk. Much better than the first. More action. Still consider it a YA bk
Justina
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love, Love, Love it!!!!!! Xandra and Kallen are two of my favorite Characters right now!!! Please read this series, you'll love it!!!
Robin
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I laughed so hard at points in this book. Totally worth reading!
Chris
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I am really enjoying this series.I am glad I am finally reading it...It just makes me chuckle and smile through the whole thing...
Diane ~Firefly~
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal, ya, magic, kindle, fae, ftc
I think Xandra might be a Mary Sue. She is special (the only fae/witch offspring), more powerful than anyone, has a hot fae boyfriend (basically the first boy she's seen since she became a teen) and now found out (view spoiler). She is also a very whiney teenager. Why do I have to learn blah-blah-blah. OMG, my hot fae boyfriend is being a jerk, oh wait, he loves me... I also know now I am too old for this book.

Most of this book is Xandra, Kallen and her
Mary Lou Graff
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun reading , nice lead into the next book!

Lots of twists and turns keeps your attention. Sounds as if it was written for and by a young person with a goog heart.
Whitney
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
love this series had a major twist i didnt see coming. very entertaining book and keeps me going.
Kim Rowe
Dec 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
Oh my god.... just awful. So awful infact i'm writing my first ever book review to explain how awful it is.
I really gave it a chance i read the first book and it sucked but i thought the series could still be redeemed. How wrong i was.

Firstly i understand this is young adult fiction but it feels like rather then being aimed at teenagers (who i'd like to believe can tell the difference between a decent novel and fluff) it feels like it was written by a teenager. A teenager with a huge ego who wa
Devz Milady
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review is for books till Book #8.
Recommendation? Stop reading at Book#7.5

I've a different review posted for Book#8.
But from 1-7, this series is just awesome.

Xandra is coming of age and learns a whole new world and about herself.
She deals with many challenges and comes off as any teenager - a bit confused, a bit arrogant, chastened by elders and at times rebellious.

Kallen is the character that shines in this series.
He is powerful but his power is easily overshadowed by the more powerful Xand
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)

Wow! What a WONDERFUL follow-up to "True Of Blood"! I Loved it! The author has done it again with the 2nd book in the "Witch Fairy" Series! There was plenty of magic action, plotting, mystery, with a touch of romance. Truly an enjoyable 2nd book!

Well Xandra may have defeated the Fairy's and sent them back to the realm where they belong. But there's still people that want her dead. And this time it's Xandra Grandfather, King of the Witches. She getting real tired of her family trying to take he
Princess
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA, Fantasy, Romance, Strong Females Fans
Once again magical beings want Xandra dead, no surprise there. Oh, and yeah, ANOTHER member of her own family is the ring leader; dysfunctional much. What's a witch-fairy to do? Xandra much figure out a way to protect her own life and the lives of those she loves, with the massive amounts of magic that she has within that, oh yeah, she's only sorta had a handle on since finding out about it a week ago. No pressure. With all the non-patience and sarcasm that a 17 year-old who has been, and contin ...more
Tiffany
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
M.L. Stephens
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok, I debated on whether or not to write this review so quickly after finishing both book 1 and book 2 in a day, but, "Yeah!" I have been pulled in by the cute story line, the refreshing dialogue, the sweet romance, and the characters. Witches, Fae, ghosts, and angels...my kind of story. This series seems to have everything I love wrapped into one neat little package and I'm looking forward to reading book #3.

Thank you Ms. Lamer for creating a world that his kept me glued to my reading app and h
Marcus
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This particular book had action from the first page. There were witches, ghosts, fae,angels, humans, and even some characters that really didn't fit into a category. The author, I must say, tied all these different aspects and characters into a perfectly logical and coherent piece of work. The characters, and story, picked up exactly where it left off in the first book, but instead of being just a rehash, this story had a life of its own.
Luisa
Nov 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought this was a bit too short for my taste! I wanted to learn more about Xandra... I think that the author added new and fun twists to this second book, really brought it together. I do think however, that Xandra has come into her power waaaay too quickly now, and that it would be nice if she used more help from the more experienced characters, instead of doing it all on her own. I liked it though, it's a fun, quick read. I guess I'll buy the next one! lol :)
Laura Kivi
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book....so much going on that it keeps you interested and provides an easy read...one minute your starting the book, next your on the last chapter

Great character reveals.....evil, good, romance, fae, witch, angel

I think this will be an enjoyable series :) Although I must say that really long series tend to get old after awhile, I hope this doesn't happen with this one....as long as each book has such a great storyline and compelling characters this series will be great
Bridgette Barbeau
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

Never in a life time would anyone predict the ending of the book. This book is a book that you simply can't put down. If anyone is looking for a romance suspense novel then chose this book.
Saki
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
wow Xandra was totally kick-ass.I like her smart mouth.Kallen is getting more sweet.I was pleased to meet all the blood relatives and the angeeels.If u love a smart girl with lots of paranormal drama and a hot guy thi is it.I already got my hands on the next one tooodles.
Andrew Palmer
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
See my series review in Book 1.
Michelle
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Xander

wow a little witch-fairy is very stubborn. she dose seam to have her moments. very strong minded. hope she doesn't lose that.
Kathy Clem
Part 3 fabulous
Sheia
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 angel stars.
  • Betrayals of Spring (Forever Fae, #2)
  • The Secret Trinity: Ignite (Fae-Witch, #2)
  • Ever Winter (A Dark Faerie Tale, #3)
  • Chasing Pretty
  • Uniquely Unwelcome (The Shadow World, #1)
  • Highlander Reborn
  • Small Town Witch (The Fae of Calaveras County, #1)
  • Imaginable (Intangible, #2)
  • Witches Under Way (WitchLight Trilogy, #2)
  • Essence of Ra (Eliana Brennan #1)
  • An Ordinary Fairy (The Willow Brown Stories, #1)
  • Elemental Dawn (Paranormal Public, #4)
  • Dark Horizons (The Red Sector Chronicles #2)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • The Society of Imaginary Friends
  • Binding of a Witch (The Savannah Coven #3)
  • Submerged (Outbreak, #1)
Loves:

1. People who read my books.

2. My children. (Please don’t tell my kids I listed fans before them. You may cause a riot in my home. They’re pretty feisty kids.)

3. My cats and dogs when they’re not making me sniffle, sneeze, rub my eyes or irritating my asthma. (Scratch that, they always do and I love them anyway.)

4. Writing. (I would have listed this first, but it would have looked bad. Worse

Witch Fairy (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • True of Blood (Witch Fairy, #1)
  • Blood Lines (Witch Fairy, #3)
  • Shadow Blood (Witch Fairy, #4)
  • Blood of Half Gods (Witch Fairy, #5)
  • Blood of Destiny (Witch Fairy, #6)
  • Blood of Dragons (Witch Fairy, #7)
  • Blood of Egypt (Witch Fairy, #8)
  • Blood of Retribution (Witch Fairy, #9)
  • Blood of the Exiled (Witch Fairy, #10)
  • Doppelganger Blood: Book 11 of The Witch Fairy Series