Start by marking “Giving Up the Ghost” as Want to Read:
Giving Up the Ghost

Giving Up the Ghost

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Published April 1st 2011 by Turquoise Morning Press

To ask other readers questions about Giving Up the Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giving Up the Ghost

Wanda Hartzenberg
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I honestly did not expect to enjoy this book as much as I did.

Our main protagonists loss, her very tangible loss is what made e sit up and take notice of the author.

Her incubus liaisons etc was interesting but by then I was invested in this woman's life so the subject matter neither engrossed me nor did it put me off the story.

A good read.
And even though it has romance, sizzle and a real story line it is the authors ability to convey loss that kept me turning the pages.

WaAr
Romancing the Book
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Reviewed By- April
Review Copy Provided By- Publisher
Giving Up the Ghost is a multidimensional story that weaves itself around the reader from the beginning until the very end, sending them on a harrowing emotional journey complete with empathy, suspense and sizzle.

When I began reading Giving Up the Ghost, I knew that I was going to love it. Melissa Ecker writes her characters in a way that brings them painfully to life and attaches them to the reader - heart and soul. The main character of Kylie
Miss Kitty
Kylie McAllister has it all until her world is shattered by the death of her husband, Jackson, in a car accident. After a year of grieving, Kylie uses the proceeds from Jackson’s life insurance to purchase a plantation home on the outskirts of New Orleans to start over with their daughter, Abby. Confirmed bachelor, Ryan LaCroix, has no intentions of settling down with anyone, let alone his best friend’s widow, but somehow Kylie and Abby find their way into his heart.

After discovering an old Ouij
Alisha
May 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: PnR fans who like a good does of emotion with the smex.
Shelves: tour-book
(Originally posted at My Need to Read)
Quick Take:
This is a paranormal romance with lots of heartfelt emotion, though it still had plenty of sizzle to satisfy PnR fans.

Review:
Loss of a spouse. From the get-go (read: the book description), one knows that this book is not likely to be full of sunshine and slapstick, or even an abundance of purely physical pursuits. Melissa Ecker's paranormal romance takes a difficult situation and builds upon it to be much more than just a devastating life event.

Bu
Danielle
So this is my very first Blog Tour so be gentle with me. LOL It's not a secret that I love Melissa Ecker and I love her writing. She tends to bring out so many damn emotions in her characters that I just can't get enough of. As much as I loved her previous books I had a problem with this one. In this book the dialogue didn't sound like her from her previous books. Giving Up The Ghost was not what I was expecting at all. I know she has made a excellent name for herself in the erotic/ romance genr ...more
Dorothy Shaw
Jun 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story held me. I read it in less than 24 hours. It had me in tears after chapter 2 and beyond. Kylie has the perfect life. Perfect husband, perfect family and a beautiful daughter. Then life changed in the blink of an eye.

Enter... Ryan. The yum factor on Ryan is OFF THE CHARTS!

This story ventured into the realm of demons. An incubus in fact, however anything that has to do with evil in the paranormal/spirit form tends to freak me out. I spent a good majority of the book with goosebumps on
Nancy
May 22, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love Melissa's writing but I struggled with this book. I loved the characters and the plot but I just didn't feel the relationship between characters apart from Jackson and Kylie.
It's a pretty emotional book and I spent alot of the book crying. It was really sad and I truly felt the pain Kylie was going through. In the love situation between Ryan and Kylie though, I just didn't feel that depth of connection. Maybe it was because the shadow of Jackson was always there, whether in their
Nerine Dorman
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a light paranormal read that blends the right amount of romance with horror, Giving up the Ghost will offer the right balance. Apart from a few editing nit-picks, overall this is an engaging read even if the pace is a little fast at times. I would have liked to have seen more detail with regard to the Voudon aspects, and a little more delving into the esoteric aspects of the haunting and how the characters dealt with it but otherwise enjoyed the journey.

See my comprehensiv
Trinity  Tarrow
This is by far by favorite book by Melissa. After resigning myself to the fact that the lump in my throat would be a constant from the start, I followed Kylie's journey! I felt her grief, fear & joy, as she stuggles to let go of her late husband and give in & love again. Ryan is that one who helps her let go!

Melissa does a phenomenal job at making you feel a part of Kylie's grieving process, her desperation to hold on to her late husband & her fears of what is truly taking place.

I h
Carrie Clevenger
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first exposure to Melissa's work, and what a great effort. It contains all the aspects of a horror great, circling around the succubus legend, and blends well with a searing-hot romance. Inside this web of deceit and startling realizations, Melissa utilizes vividly-painted scenes to make the reader laugh, cry, bite their lip, or even admit to a little "Aww."

The end sent chills down my back.
Tigris Eden
May 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon.
Michelle K
Apr 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really great story. Check out my review here:
Dokoohyar Ahmadipour
Maggie Wells
Jan 06, 2013
Christine
Apr 29, 2011
Melissa Ecker is the bestselling author of paranormal and erotic romance. She is a member of Romance Writers of America and Diamond State Romance Authors. She lives in Central Arkansas with her husband, two children, a dog and a cat.

To learn more about Melissa, please visit her website: www.melissaecker.com and her blogs: http://melissaecker.blogspot.com You can also follow her on Twitter @Meliss
More about Melissa Ecker