Start by marking “Wings (Black City, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wings (Black City, #3)

Wings

(Black City #3)

Following the cliffhanger ending of Phoenix, Natalie finds herself separated from Ash and unexpectedly reunited with her parents, including the father she thought was dead. But she can only think of Ash. She hasn't heard a word of him since she and Elijah were brought to the underground headquarters of the Sentry Rebellion. But she vows to find him.

Ash, meanwhile is back
Published June 12th 2014 by G.P. Putnam's Sons BYR

To ask other readers questions about Wings, please sign up.
Melissa Yes, there is. Also, apparently "yes, there is" is too short of answer to answer your question according to Goodreads. So, I'm adding this nonsense, w…moreYes, there is. Also, apparently "yes, there is" is too short of answer to answer your question according to Goodreads. So, I'm adding this nonsense, which you should ignore.(less)

Start your review of Wings (Black City, #3)
Nicola
9/12/13

JUNE 2014

I guess...

Hurry up 2014

Update: 12/2/14

I HAVE AN ARC OF WINGS COMING NEXT WEEK THIS IS NOT A DRILL OMG I'M SO EXCITED

18/2/14

IT CAME IT FINALLY CAME. THEY'RE ALL TOGETHER NOW
description

And I have finished reading. I'll do a proper review later on in the week but... it was AMAZING. You all wait. You're gonna be well and truly mindf****d with some stuff.

It's over. The Black City trilogy is over. Goodbye friends, for I am gone. [shrivels up]

One last note-

Paula Stokes
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved loved this. Did not love Edmund so much at first because his chapters kept me from my Ash, but I guess I understand why he was included, though I would have liked Elizabeth to fill those pages with many sketches of Ash instead ;-) Okay, I'll stop being silly. Twists, turns, and ending that felt like the perfect culmination to this trilogy. I can't wait to read it again in hardcover. I can't wait to read them all again. The richly imagined gothic world and unique cast of charact ...more
becca
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG SO PLEASE LET ME JUST TRY AND RECOVER FROM THE ENDING OF THAT BOOK

This non-spoiler review may not make entire sense. But that is because I cannot coherently describe the perfection of this book without dissolving into a mess.

THIS BOOK.

Okay, first, Wings isn't due for release until June 2014. I am basing my review on an uncorrected ARC, but that's okay, because it is still perfection.

Don't worry, there are no spoilers in this review.

The Plot

Okay, so after a certain illness hit a cert
Sarah Fayek
Rating: 3.5 stars
This book was okay in the beginning... but then as I got closer to the last page (literally the last couple chapters) it was insanely jaw-dropping!! It got ridiculous and I totally enjoyed Richards' approach to ending such an awesome series.

There was a new feel to the third book that didn't seem to exist in the previous two. The author takes us back in time, 30 years before all that went down in the strange world of Black City. Edmund, a new character is introduced and you real
Kayla
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great finale and I'm so happy on how we left on a high note and this might have not been the most satisfying ending, it was still really good.
Rachmi

As the final book of the series, I think it's understandable if I expect it to be grand, or at least better from the previous books. Both Black City and Phoenix didn't impress me that much but I can say that I enjoyed reading them and were nice dystopian books. I cannot say the same thing with this book, in fact am a bit disappointed by it.

For me, the good thing from the book was it described and mentioned again the characters from previous books which I completely forgot and got to f
Merril Anil
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
Its the game changer of the entire series

I think I m going to eat my words.

Yes I have been pretty vocal about the fact that I was not a big fan of the series but that was until I read wings. I wish the author had used the power of plot that was in wings in her previous books as well

Lets go back to the previous books.

Black city, the very first book was nothing but a different version of twilight set in dystopian world with pretty much nothing new to offer and I still stand by that. Phoenix,
Michelle Wrona
Although this trilogy was pretty great, I felt like each book got worse and worse. There were many positive and good reviews of this book all over the place, but I felt somewhat left behind and not enjoying it.

From the whole experience of reading this book, I feel like it should've stayed as just one novel. Okay, yes, Elizabeth Richards did leave us with a pretty large cliffhanger at the end of it, but, just a few more chapters later would've just finished it all. Ugh, trilogies...

Natalie
A world without sin.
A world in her image.
A world united.

So sayeth us all

I really loved how the author wrote about Edmund Rose's point of view. It gives a clear back-story about why Rose did what he is doing. It makes the reader understand Edmund a little more.

I feel like the end of the story is rushed. A couple chapters before the ending, Natalie & Ash are in a big massacre. But some how the end of the story ends up fine.

I really loved how the book was laid out. The puzzle pieces fit perfectly.
Shelley
*Genre* Young Adult, Dystopian
*Rating* 3-3.5

*My Thoughts*

"It's easy to hate. The true test of our hearts is to forgive."

Wings ends the Black City trilogy tying up loose ends, introducing a key figure's background and his diabolical plans, while bringing an end to Natalie Buchanan and Ash Fisher journey that started in Black City. When last we left the Black City series, Natalie was taken away from Ash by Garrick, along with Elijah, and brought to a Sentry Rebellion Headquarters where she got a
Angela
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this series. I'm usually not a huge fan of books like this but GOOD GOD DID I LOVE THIS SERIES!

Ash and Elijah be still my beating heart!

b>Read this review and others on our blog:

Stacee
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
Simply amazing. I loved getting the answers to why things were happening and there were so many twists. Just when I thought I had it figured out, something would happen.

Love love love the ending. A truly satisfying ending to the series.

Caroline
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the ending to this trilogy. So good. This series is so underrated and I dont know why. One thing I didn't like was the killing of the antagonist Purian Rose. He just surrenders...seriously. That ending had me crying and worrying for Natalie and Ash and wow what an ending! So good. Check this out if you like urban fantasy with dystopian elements and Darklings aka vampires.
Kazhy (My Library in the Making)
(View this review on My Library in the Making.)

If not for this tour, I probably would have put off reading Wings for a long time - that's what I usually do with series enders. Leaving behind beloved characters is a very unpleasant experience for me, as I'm certain it is for all of us readers, and the Black City trilogy is no different.

Wings opens with Natalie in a rebel camp and Ash on the run, but even with the distance between them, they do everything that they can to aid in the efforts to bri
Suneha
2.75 Stars

I couldn't really connect with this book because I had read Phoenix a very long time ago and I didn't really remember the events from that book or even from Black City for that matter. It was hard to jump into Wings when I couldn't remember what had happened in the previous books. Still, I tried my best to connect with the story and the characters.

I did remember some of the key incidents from the previous two books but I had a hard time remembering the names of the side characters a
Adriana
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For all people like me who were disappointed by Phoenix: Wings definitly won't disappoint you ! It was at least as good as Black City if not better.
At first I was diappointed that Ash and Natalie were apart, but that was to be expected after the end of Phoenix. Fortunately this problem dissolves realtively fast.
A diffenece to the other two books in the trilogy is that there aren't just Ash and Natalie's POVs but also Edmund's POV. I actually was really confused by that because Natalie's father'
Lauren - SERIESous Books

I couldn't have imagined a better ending to this amazing series!

I put a lot of pressure on finales and this one was no exception. There were a lot of things to wrap up and a lot of unanswered questions. Everything was answered and completed.

But the most impressive thing is that there was never a dull moment. I was fully absorbed into every page of this book. And the pages would fly by! These novels were always such a joy to read.

I don't know why more people don't talk about this series! It's
Mara
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading the ARC of Wings and gods, it was beautiful, heart breaking and indeed, a pulse racing end to the Black City Trilogy. I even cried. Gaaah! It's hard not to rave about what happened in the story but I have to keep this spoiler-free. So, yeah, I'll just post another review on June.
Alyssa

Book Three of the Black City series
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Publication Date: June 12, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by a reviewer

Summary (from Goodreads):

BJ  Almeda
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the last book of Black City series, I can't seem to waste a chance of writing this review. So here is what I am feeling at this very moment. (May 27, 12:42 AM)

No. No. No.
It's finished.
Following Ash and Natalie's love story and life for eve just a year( since I read Black City and Phoenix last year only), I don't know if I can let them go easily. Probably this would last for years. I just love the whole series and I know this feels will certainly keep on coming back.

Wings, probably
Jesselle
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
With Wings as the final book in the Black City series, writing this review is a bittersweet moment for me. As a parting gift to a beloved series, I wrote a lengthy review containing everything that my heart wants to say.

Wings takes readers on a thrilling ride of stressful conflicts and startling discoveries leading to the final destination—the fate and future of the United Sentry States and of Ash Fisher and Natalie Buchanan. The book has an array of diverse secondary characters that added zing
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

This was definitely my favorite of the series. Wings pretty much delivered everything I want in a series conclusion. I was pulled into the story and it wouldn’t let me go. This series has such an addictive quality to it. The kind of quality that even when you are aggravated with certain events, you just cannot look away. Before I go any further, I just want to say that this review may contain slight spoilers for Black City and Phoenix. It will be s
My main reaction to this is... meh. I mean, it was okay but not fabulous. Or even good. It's been a while since I read the first two books of the series, but I didn't have any trouble catching back on.

Let's start with the good stuff. I loved the world and the solution to the revolution (if you've read it, you'll get it). It was a very... different solution which was quite refreshing. Also, there were some hilarious lines that kept me laughing all throughout the book, no matter how dark it got. A
Jen
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
What a disaster. This one was a near DNF for me. I skimmed about half the book, which was disappointing because I had high hopes for this series. Best thing about it? The cover.

First off, way too many characters. Names were thrown out and it was difficult to keep track of who was who. And not only that, but who was what. There are several different kinds of creatures in this book and variations of the different kinds within the kinds.

The book seemed to want to evoke deep emotion from me with sho
Sarah Elizabeth
I was really looking forward to this one, but unfortunately it didn't get good until the end.

Most of this book seemed to be about characters other than Natalie and Ash, which was pretty annoying. I felt like I didn't really know most of the characters involved. Whether this wouldn't have been so bad if I had read book 2 more recently I don't know, but I read Phoenix quite close to the release date, and did the same with this one.

The storyline in this lost me for quite a while, and I had trouble
Marta Oliveira
Apr 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I am a little bit disappointed with this one. It wasn't as interesting as the other, the parts that were from Edmund point of view were boring for me to read. Sometimes I got a little bit confused with who was who cause there were a lot of characters names to memorize.
I got to give it to Natalie, she was really smart in decoding his message to her, I would't have guessed it in a million years. The only character I still don't like is Evangeline, I know what she did was honorable but what she had
Alexandra
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was hopefull for a good ending in this story and the three POVs didn't bother me at all! While Natalie and Ash try to find each other and end the war, Purian Rose has set a lethal plan in stone. All the characters were portayed nicely with the pain, fear and anguish but I was taken back from the loss, thus the 1 star less.

And while the ending was a little too planned for my tastes, the last twenty pages had me gripping the ereader like crazy! That I liked a lot! A good recommendation to those
Jess
DNFed at: i dont even fucking care anymore

this book, no, series was bulllllshit.

but what really grinds me gears?

she set fire

to the cafeteria

in an underground rebel facility

bc her long-dead daddy, who she does not appreciate, wont let his men risk their lives

to save her unimportant boyfriend

who she claims she loves

after knowing him for a month

and wouldnt even love him if her heart wasnt stolen

from a vampire (who now does not have a fucking heart) who is actually his soulmate

KILL THEM NOW PLS
blue
Sep 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
Recommended to blue by: MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what the hell is up with this series and having amazing covers, okay. like, this is fucking ridiculous. it's fucking ridiculous how gorgeous these covers are. i hope the books live up to them because i want to own them and like touch these covers and maybe lick them like a freak because wow would you just LOOK at this cover jesus fucking c h r i s t ugh yes, oh my god
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Mystic City (Mystic City, #1)
  • The King Slayer (The Witch Hunter, #2)
  • A Sorrow Fierce and Falling (Kingdom on Fire, #3)
  • The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1)
  • The Pledge (The Pledge, #1)
  • Destined (Wings, #4)
  • Illusions (Wings, #3)
  • Tether (Many-Worlds, #2)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn #1)
  • A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, #2)
  • Article 5 (Article 5, #1)
  • Only Ashes Remain (Market of Monsters, #2)
  • Nevermore (Nevermore, #1)
  • Lemons
  • Shattered (Addicted Trilogy #2)
  • Blue Fire
  • Nevermor (Nevermor, #1)
  • Darkfall
*** NOTE TO REVIEWERS***

If you would like a review copy of BLACK CITY, PHOENIX or WINGS, please contact Penguin's marketing department at YRmarketing@us.penguingroup.com. Happy reading! :)

***************************

Elizabeth Richards is a YA author who loves books about supernatural boys, kissing and blood.

Her debut novel, BLACK CITY (Book #1 of the BLACK CITY trilogy) was published in November 20

Black City (3 books)
  • Black City (Black City, #1)
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)