Start by marking “Inside-Out Simplicity” as Want to Read:
Inside-Out Simplicity

Inside-Out Simplicity

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  216 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Get ready for a 360 degree approach to the simplified lifestyle. “Inside-Out Simplicity: Life-Changing Keys to your Most Important Relationships” goes beyond external fixes to our complicated lives. Instead, this book dares to focus on the very heart and soul of a simplified life.

It is based on the truth that a simplified lifestyle begins in a person’s soul and will help t
ebook
Published (first published November 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Inside-Out Simplicity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside-Out Simplicity

Cara
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book, but I didn't.

I have a lot of respect for Joshua Becker, and I believe he sincerely meant everything in this book to be good, friendly advice for what he truly thinks is the best way to live. Unfortunately, it still comes across as preachy and self-righteous.

And then he launches into a few of my pet peeves: put others before yourself, selfishness is bad, pour yourself out in service. I'm sure there are people in this world who need to be told that, but for all the pe
Tori
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot. Some reviewers said it was "preachy." I thought it was encouraging. I highlighted lots of quotes including this one, which I love: "Your life is far too valuable to be wasted on the life that everyone else is choosing." <3 <3 If you need a boost out of a rut I recommend this book.
Peartreealley
Nov 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another short little book, more focused on mental/emotional simplicity/minimalism. A little preachy, but worth the read.
Dana
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: misc
I didn't find anything new in this book. I implemented all the suggestions years ago. Then I got to the God chapter and gave up on it.
Martyn
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Perhaps too brief, but a useful beginner's guide to living a "good" life. Will probably read again, and use as a road map for further research and development.
Kymberly
High level advice

Easy to read, as blog-post collection books usually are, but light on nitty-gritty implementation details. A good high-level overview on what someone new to the concept of simplicity should think about.

Spending two chapters pushing his strong personal stance on sex, marriage and God/religion detracted from the message of acceptance as necessary to achieving simplicity.
Kim
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book follows what counselors have you learn in individual sessions. Living a simple life is important to be happy. Things don't make us happy. We need to love our lives and be ok with routine lives. If we all take even a couple things from this book we would all be happier. This is written in a very simple text. Easy to read and understand. It complements the book Simplify, which teaches how to make your life easier.
Kathryn
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this e-book. Most of the information I already know and do, but I still enjoy reading these types of book. They are added inspiration and I always pick-up tidbits I didn't know before.
nora sayre
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book

This was a book that spoke to my heart, I have always felt everyone could survive with less stuff and more luv for man kind, we need to share more with the less fortunate. I recommend this book to everyone rich or poor.
Alexcis Grushinski
A good place to start

This ease read not only sets out a map to living with less stuff but also forces the reader to reflect on their intentions.
Leslie Ann
I found this book to be average. Nothing terribly new.
Priyank Aggarwal
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although the views and notes and suggestions are nothing new, his bold and introspective writing style is to die for. However, 67% of the content inside is freely available on hos blog.

Melissa
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book
Some ideas were too simply stated that they simply became untrue. But a lot of the general notions and framework were good starting places to think about how to center and consolidate your life.
Hilary
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good, quick read that felt appropriate for the holiday season. There are a few passages I didn't agree with, but they are short.
Kim Belanger-Mills
Oct 29, 2013
Mika Hel
Jun 29, 2018
Joshua Becker
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Wade Miller
Apr 17, 2013
Becky
Jan 06, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Clutter Rehab: 101 Tips and Tricks to Become an Organization Junkie and Love It!
  • Minimalism: Essential Essays
  • The Little Book of Contentment: A Guide to Becoming Happy with Life and Who You Are, While Getting Things Done
  • Anyway: The Paradoxical Commandments: Finding Personal Meaning in a Crazy World
  • Miss Minimalist: Inspiration to Downsize, Declutter, and Simplify
  • The Abundance Book
  • Get Organized! Your Twelve Month Home Clutter Killer
  • Enough Already!: Clearing Mental Clutter to Become the Best You
  • The Minimalist Woman's Guide to Having It All
  • Marathon: You Can Do It!
  • Organizing for Life: Declutter Your Mind to Declutter Your World
  • Zen and the Art of Falling in Love
  • It’s Only Slow Food Until You Try to Eat It: Misadventures of a Suburban Hunter Gather
  • Het raadsel van de liefde
  • How To Declutter Your Home And Your Life: Minimalist Concepts To Help You Start Organizing Today
  • Love and Lies: An Essay on Truthfulness, Deceit, and the Growth and Care of Erotic Love
  • Secrets of Simplicity
  • The Complete Book of Home Organization
Joshua Becker and his young family were introduced to minimalism 6 years ago during a short conversation with their neighbor. Since then, Joshua’s story and writing have inspired millions around the world to find more life by owning fewer possessions. Today, based on his thoughtful and intentional approach to minimalism, he is one of the leading voices in the modern simplicity movement reaching ov ...more

Nonfiction Deals

• The Millionaire Fastlane
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Training the Mind and Cultivating Loving-Kindness
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Jesus > Religion: Why He Is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough
  • The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
    $9.99 $3.49
  • Forty Autumns: A Family's Story of Courage and Survival on Both Sides of the Berlin Wall
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Definitive Book of Body Language
  • Failing Forward: How to Make the Most of Your Mistakes
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Poor Your Soul: A Memoir
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life
    $9.99 $3.49
  • If Our Bodies Could Talk: A Guide to Operating and Maintaining a Human Body
    $12.99 $2.99
  • The Crossroads of Should and Must: Find and Follow Your Passion
    $15.95 $1.99
  • 1812: The War That Forged a Nation
    $14.99 $1.99
“Your life is far too valuable to be wasted on the life that everyone else is choosing.” 6 likes
“Simplicity slows down life and frees us from this modern hysteria to live faster. It finds freedom to disengage.” 5 likes