Start by marking “Birch Hills at World's End” as Want to Read:
Birch Hills at World's End

Birch Hills at World's End

Birch Hills at World’s End begins between Detroit and nowhere, in 1999, when high school senior Josh Reilly senses an apocalypse approaching. Josh's unease increases as his privileged but disturbed friend Erik schemes in a journal he calls "The Doomsday Book," where he plots revenge against the suburbia he's learned to despise. When Lindsay, a sixteen-year-old famed for dr ...more
Published September 13th 2011 by Vagabondage Press (first published August 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Birch Hills at World's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birch Hills at World's End

djt
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good "coming of age" story. The storyline carries very clearly and consistently, keeping the reader's interest throughout the book. I thought the book was well written, giving a real sense of the youthful optimisim and disappointment that are true-to-life. It also, unexpectedly, opened up in beautiful prose at various points throughout the book, which added to the storyline and enjoyment of reading this book.
Ben
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Arguably, a goal of any coming of age tale is to make it fresh, both familiar and unfamiliar, or more accurately, familiar, yet new, all of which is to say that Birch Hills @ World's End by Geoff Hyatt does much of this exceedingly well. And freshly.

More - http://bentanzer.blogspot.com/2011/11...
Jade
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before the actual review, I'd like to warn readers that there are very visceral sexual scenes in this book. There is also drug use and violence but it's not as graphic?
THIS WAS SO GOOD. It explored many topics I myself wonder about constantly. It's really just about growing up and it's so true to life. The kids are messed up and wild and dumb but they're never romanticized. They are not the invincible teens we are used to seeing on movie screens. In fact, they're scared shitless.
If you love comi
L.
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is not often I read a book in one sitting, but Birch Hills @ Worlds End was such a great read, it was worth a bleary eyed morning. Although I have little in common with the subject matter, Geoff Hyatt's way of story telling draws you in and keeps you emotionally invested in the characters, beyond the last page. My teen years are a distant memory, but Geoff brought all of it back, the family, the clicks, the insecurities, the friendships, and that wonderful feeling of intense longing for someo ...more
kramox
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one. It made me laugh out loud and still there were sad parts.
Jana
Karen
Apr 08, 2012
Janice
Sep 25, 2011
Geoff Hyatt is the author of Birch Hills at World's End and an editor of horror fiction. He has shown intermittent enthusiasm for electric guitars, Bronze Age comic books, and early 1970s black light posters. He lives in Chicago.