Start by marking “The Beast from the East (Goosebumps, #43)” as Want to Read:
The Beast from the East (Goosebumps, #43)

The Beast from the East

(Goosebumps #43)

They're baa-ack! Make way for the bestselling children's series of all time! With a fresh new look, GOOSEBUMPS is set to scare a whole new generation of kids. So reader beware--you're in for a scare!

Ginger Wald and her identical twin brothers, Nat and Pat, are lost in the woods. No problem. After all, Ginger did go to that stupid nature camp.

Still, there's something odd ab
Mass Market Paperback, 118 pages
Published June 1st 2005 by Scholastic Inc. (first published 1996)

✨The Reading
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#43 "He's a real animal!"
Wanna play a game? Ginger and her twin brothers are lost in a part of the woods that is very strange. They're on a camping trip and cannot find their parents. But what they do find are beasts! Beasts who can talk. And they want to play a game... a game of survival!
Ken
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
During this period in the Goosebumps series Stine mainly focused on action/adventure type of storylines.

Ginger and her twin brothers stumble into a game of Tag with a group of blue furred gorilla like monsters!

This book is certainly weird, it really taps into the playfulness of the game.
I always prefer the more spookier storylines, but this is an entertaining entry in the series.
Carmen
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
"Quiet! Here comes the Beast from the East. Don't make a sound or he'll find you!"
...

This book is SO weird but very enjoyable. It starts out with one of the most amazing openings:

When I was a really little girl, my mom would tuck me into bed at night. She would whisper, "Good night, Ginger. Good night. Don't let the bed bugs bite."

I didn't know what bedbugs were. I pictured fat red bugs with big eyes and spidery legs, crawling under the sheet. Just thinking about them made me itchy all over.

Afte
Krystal
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another one of the better ones from the later books, but so, so strange.

I don't even know why I liked it. I guess I just have this weakness for strange alien animals.

Super strange but if you just kinda go with it it's a pretty fun ride.
Kirsti
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books as a child. My copy is ripped, dog eared, and full of Goosebumps stickers I received for subscribing to the scholastic book program at school. I loved Goosebumps, because they were scary but not over the top. We never find out if Ginger, Pat and Nat survive level three of Beast from the East. We don't know how they stumbled into Beast territory even. Still, with the scary blue beast on the front, this or any other Goosebumps books should be a winner.

I bought Goo
Ursula
LOVED IT!!! I love how the book was nothing like what I was expecting. It was like walking around in a board game where trees attack and certain squares are instant death. The sarcasm of the monsters was perfect! Good job, R.L. Stine! I love the monsters. They're great.
Rebecca McNutt
Jul 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
There are so many flaws that could be pointed out about this book that it's not even funny. The Beast From the East was an incredibly lame and hokey book, kind of funny at times but not really having any redeeming qualities about itself. Every book series has its ups and downs and this book is a perfect example of series filler. I'm sure younger readers will still enjoy it, though.
Pooja Banga
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it

Still, there's something odd about this part of the woods. The grass is yellow. The bushes are purple. And the trees are like skyscrapers.

Then Ginger and he
Trevor Wells
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can tell that R.L. Stine really enjoyed writing The Beast From The East. When it comes to writing, he puts a lot of detail into the world that he creates and it makes for a very intriguing reading experience. Plus, all the characters are likable, action and tension are both present, and the ending is appropriate and weirdly satisfying. This can proudly join the ranks with other great Goosebumps installments.

Plot Synopsis: Ginger and her brothers, Nat and Pat, are out camping with their parents
AshleyiSee
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
I think this is a great example of using cliffhangers to entice younger readers to keep turning those pages!

Whereas otherwise I am not a fan of this book now as an adult, I recognise what an important example of learning to love reading this books stands for.

It's very Alice in Wonderland and I'm so jealous Stine get's away with writing something so ridiculous and it totally works. There are gross out moments (hello cave of bugs??) and the ending is a great one. I love how Stine doesn't always
David Santos
Nov 09, 2011 rated it liked it
These are one of those books that would be better as a movie but terrible as a book. If this were a movie it certainly wouldn't be a blockbuster film, but it would be for kids, if acting was done good it could be a funny film, but reading it..I have mixed feelings. Here you have three kids who walk around the woods somehow managed to reach some fantasy world with weird creatures and end up playing a deadly game of Tag (Book started going downhill from there) If you're it, you are labeled The Bea ...more
Glenn Smith
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

The Most Dangerous Game meets Goosebumps in one of the weirdest entries yet. Once the creatures started speaking I was thinking "This is going to be stupid", but the story becomes really funny and interesting when the game begins. I also loved the descriptions of the forest and the creatures. Kids will love this one.

Read from June 8, 2014 - June 8, 2014
Max Miramontes
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I believe that the book was great. Had lots of exciting and scary moments. The characters of the group were a group of twins and their older sister. Unfortunately I’ve forgotten their names. They go through tough times during the rough adventure. The twins were around the age of 10 and the older sister maybe 12 years old. The setting was in a forest when they went camping. The story involves some type of beast that is around 8 feet tall and has blue hair and sharp teeth. They decide to play a ga ...more
Becca
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
this book has ticklish snakes & the most wild game of TAG ever. such a fun & quick read!
Morn
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Isabel Orama
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book that I read today was about a girl named ginger and her two identical twin brothers named pat and nat. One day, their father and mother took them on a camping trip. It was a long walk in the woods and plus, it was hot. Pat and Nat, ginger's two brothers, were hitting each other with branches. Their mom and dad told them to stop, but they didn't. Then, their dad had no choice but to yell at them. They listened this time, but they split up. Nat is a tree climber, which means he loves to c ...more
Gavin
Jun 15, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A girl and her two twin brothers go on a camping trip. Inevitably they get lost in the woods and begin a game of tag with its bizarre inhabitants. Of the four Goosebumps books Sean and I have read together so far, this would be the best. There are, apparently, several more in his school's library - these will be read once the third term begins in three weeks time.

Even though the Goosebumps series is designed for older kids than Sean it is exciting for the youngsters and each chapter has a cliffh
Connie

Series: Goosebumps #43
Author: R.L. Stine
Overall Rating: 4 stars

THIS MADE ME LAUGH.

It was so clever and quick witted and I loved the little beasts, especially Spork! It was such a funny story about Ginger and her two brothers getting caught in the woods and being forced to play a game of Hide and Seek that would basically determine whether they live or die.

It was just such a funny ending as well! The poor kids in these
Michelle (Crazy Cat Lady)
Sep 14, 2012 marked it as abandoned-dnf
I just couldn't make it through this one, despite being less than 120 pages. Goosebumps series is a far cry from a literary masterpiece now that I'm in my 20s, but I had read some of the books as a kid & liked them then, and they still provide a brief break from reality for adults...uh, in most cases anyway. This one just bored me though. I can't say much more than that,except I was annoyed that the younger siblings were obnoxious twin boys; is it just me, or are the annoying younger sibling ...more
Matt Adams
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-term
WHo- Ginger and her two twin brothers Nat and Pat

What- Three children have to play a game of tag- with big blue hairy beasts, and if they loose, the get eaten.

Where- In the woods.

When- Doesn't say

Why- Dont know

Auther- R.L Stine

Likes- I liked how all the beasts had a name

Dislikes- Lost trak off all the names

Reccomendations- I would reccomend this book to people who like horror thriller and fiction books.
Carlos Tineo
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This one is really good, kinda reminded me of The Maze Runner. The only thing I had trouble with was the fact that neither of the kids ate or drank at any moment, they just ran from one place to another and never got thirsty, hungry or even tired, what are they, robots?

But you know it's R.L Stine you can't ask for much details, still it was a fun read as always.
Jennette
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this is one of my favorite goosebump books!!!!! its about these kids tht go camping with their family they go exploreing and end up haveing to play a game for their lives with the beast of the east!!!!its a lil scary but i still loved it!!!!!!
Brittany
This was by far my favourite Goosebumps of this series. Loved these books as a kid!!!
Angel R.
May 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It was a really cool book and it made me get scared of koala bears at 12.
Akash
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
...

Afte
Tiffany Spencer
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
The Beast From The East
PLOT: Welcome to the Hunger Games, the monster edition! Ginger and her twin brother find themselves in the middle of a dangerous game when they get lost in the forest on a camping trip. The rules are simple, make it to the Gulla tree before the sun sets, don't land on the free lunch space, and don't get tagged by one of the other participants. On your mark! Get ready! Set! GO! GOOD LUCK!

MY THOUGHTS: The first thing I thought was OH HELLLLLL NOOO! This little brat spit on
Green Jazz Blues
This book was one of a set of five contained in a special commemoration tin to celebrate so many years since the first lot of Goosebumps books were released. This is one of two books I'd not read before. I'll only review one of the three I've already read plus the other I've not read.
Some of R.L. Stine's works are quite good but this one was terrible. I can see why it never got to the list of the new editions that had been republished, it is just so corny and not really that scary. Of course, yo
Alex
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abandoned-books
The book Goosebumps: The Beast From The East by R.L Stine is a very good book because it is intense, it has a lot of suspension. The book takes place in the woods and Ginger, Pat, and Nat Wald get lost and can’t find their parents in the woods while they are hiking. They end up in a weird forest where trees are very tall and the bushes very big. They meet three beasts, blue furry beasts. There is a twist, they want to play a deadly game of tag. They had no choice so they did play that deadly gam ...more
Carol
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I used to read these books when I was younger. They were forever checked out at my school library. I loved how creepy they were and how the story never had a happy ending. This was a perfect red for October the big blue hulking creatures with bugs crawling in and out if there fur and their insatiable hunger for human flesh.I like how R.L.Stine can take a simple theme of kids to get lost in the woods on a camping trip and playing tag into something terrifying. Such a short simple read I was able ...more
Fer B
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-horror
Ok, this is the second book of R. L. Stine that I've read, and without a doubt I liked it more than It came from beneath the sink

Althoug I love the goosebumps (pun intendent) this book gave me, I found the characters irritating and noisy, just like in It Came From Beneath The Sink.
The funny thing is: I enjoyed the ending in despite of my love for happy endings. There isn't much more to say, just that this is a good horror series for children that you can read and enjoy even as an adult
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Change (Animorphs, #13)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)

R. L. Stine b

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)