Start by marking “Raising Reading Achievement in Middle and High Schools: Five Simple-To-Follow Strategies” as Want to Read:

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  1 review
This second edition enhances the "five big ideas" for raising reading achievement with seven cognitive strategies and more than twenty "teaching for learning" tips for daily instruction.
Published September 26th 2006 by Corwin Publishers (first published February 22nd 2001)

Be the first to ask a question about Raising Reading Achievement in Middle and High Schools

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·
 ·  3 ratings  ·  1 review

Start your review of Raising Reading Achievement in Middle and High Schools: Five Simple-To-Follow Strategies
Donalyn
Feb 01, 2009 rated it did not like it
I am not sure I should rate this book or mark it as a book I read, when I did not finish all of it.

I am always open to learning more about teaching reading and I have discovered that many of my middle and high school colleagues see reading instruction differently than I do. The title of this book intrigued me because I thought I would discover more about reading instruction in secondary school.

What a disappointment. First, the author's style is off-putting and noninclusive. I can tell that she
Angie