Start by marking “Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers #1)” as Want to Read:
Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers #1)

Saving Hope (The Men of the Texas Rangers #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  1,365 Ratings  ·  159 Reviews
When a teenager goes missing from the Beacon of Hope School, Texas Ranger Wyatt Sheridan and school director Kate Winslow are forced into a dangerous struggle against a human trafficking organization. But the battle brings dire consequences as Wyatt's daughter is terrorized and Kate is kidnapped. Now it's personal, and Wyatt finds both his faith and investigative skills ch ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Abingdon Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Hope, please sign up.
Asteropê I don't think so, but if you get a ebook format, your eReader should be able to change the font size to how ever big you need it to be.

Pam Nelson
3 Saving Hope Stars

I am a sucker for a man in a hat, a cowboy hat! So as soon as I saw the cover I was like I need to listen to you.

Kate is someone I would totally want to be when I grow up she has a school that helps missing teenagers get back on their feet.
Texas Ranger Wyatt is an ok character a little too demanding of his family if you ask me. I am all for the alpha man but this was almost toooooo much.
He just kind of rubbed me the wrong way, I mean I get it he is a Ranger he has seen a l
Camy
Nov 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I usually like Margaret Daley's books, and this was no exception. The heroine especially was someone I really liked--she's strong and smart even in the face of her difficult relationship with her mother, and she's passionate about the girls' home she's running.

The hero reminded me a bit of Michael Weston in the TV show Burn Notice, if Michael Weston were a Texas Ranger. He's capable and brave, but he's a bit out of his element in dealing with the women in his life, his flamboyant mother and tee
Lisa Johnson
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Title: Saving Hope: Men of the Texas Rangers Book #1
Author: Margret Daley
Pages: 336
Year: 2012
Publisher: Abingdon Press
What was the title or name of the author of the last book you read that you just either couldn’t put down or didn’t want it to end? If it has been a while since you have read a great novel, may I suggest this one? Margret Daley does an excellent job of mixing a couple of genes as well as including unique characters with everything set in the state of Texas! While this is a work
Kaylea
Feb 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Child prostitution, human trafficking and the dark side of humanity, are just a few of the issues Margaret Daley weaves into her newest release, Saving Hope, from Abingdon Press.

Through the eyes of a wounded young woman, a school director with a heart of gold and a brave Texas Ranger, Daley has created a story that is full of numerous twists and turns.

A bit "deeper" than Daley's offerings through other publishers, grabbed me at the beginning - and kept me engaged as I tried to figure out who was
Renn Shearin
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
When the people you love are threatened, it's personal.
When a teenager goes missing from the Beacon of Hope School, Texas Ranger Wyatt Sheridan and school director Kate Winslow are forced into a dangerous struggle against a human trafficking organization. Kate, his mother, and his daughter may be in danger because of his involvement.

Now it's personal, and Wyatt finds both his faith and investigative skills challenged as he fights to discover the mastermind behind the ring before evil destroys e
Michelle
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This wasn't the first novel I've read by Margaret, but it is the first I've read in several years. I'm so glad I read this book. I found myself riveted to the story line and the characters. The tension was perfectly executed, in my opinion, because I couldn't stand it until I got to the end. But more than that, the ride compelled me to think about motivations and schemes and who could be behind everything. The fact that evil was so close to a number of main characters had me practically biting m ...more
Paula  Phillips
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I first opened this book , I actually thought it might have been a Western type novel but as I got stuck into it , it immediately drew me in as I love novels that push the boundaries of everyday Christian fiction and also the main setting of a home for wayward teens is something that I admire and I have a passion for one day working in one.
Saving Hope starts with a midnight call to Rose - a teen staying at the Beacon Hope Home from an old friend Lily , we discover from the phone call that
Pat Dyer
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When one of Beacon of Hope School’s students and the school van disappear, Kate Winslow knows something is very wrong. Rose would never go back to the life she’d left. After a young woman is found dead and the school’s white van is found abandoned, Texas Ranger Wyatt Sheridan of the Child Rescue Task Force is called in. If the dead girl wasn’t Rose, what happened to her? And why did she leave the school in the middle of the night?

The author portrays realistic characters facing believable situati
Dawn Jacobs
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed how this story took on a Christian tone dealing with something that happens in the US everyday, human trafficking. This story is an important read of parents of teens or young girls who constantly defy their parents because of a boy. I like to imagine if this story was a movie, who would play the parts. In Saving Hope, I pictured the actor from "Longmire" as the lead character, Wyatt. It helped me see through the character's eyes, opinions, and the way he handled things as a Tex ...more
Aerykah
Wow! This was a pretty intense, fast paced book! At first, I wasn't sure I would like it... It didn't take long, however, for me to realize that this book was going to be hard for me to put down.
The characters seemed realistic to me and the story definitely kept my attention. It's a great read and I really enjoyed it! :)
Esther Somorai
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Received this book free from author, publisher and Wynn-Wynn Media. What a nice surprise. Thank you.

This was one great read and very informative in fiction story form about human trafficking. I really enjoyed this well written, exciting, suspenseful, meaningful, action read. It is also about relationships within the main characters. A great story for young teens and up. **Recommend**
Nancy
May 12, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: A 13 year old.
Recommended to Nancy by: Free Friday
Shelves: 2013, fiction
This Free Friday book would have been awesome ... had I been 13.
Katie
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed every moment I spent in this book. Loved it!!! :-D

Full review to come.
Glenn
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
A good story, moves at a good pace... A couple of times it went above a good book, but still worthy of a look if you want something different to read...
Marla Darius
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book with a problem that is real in society today. Decent character development, narrator was good at altering voices and very believable story line with a wrap up that kept you guessing till the end. I wish some of the police work covered was more believable and complete but this is fiction. Due to the topic covered, I also wish at the end the author had a section on how to spot sex trafficking, web sites or question section. Overall a great story, I look forward to reading others in the ...more
Rebecca
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow... every parent, teacher, youth worker needs to read this book. While it is fiction, it brings to light the dangers facing our kids with the sex trafficking industry and their desire to entangle and enslave them for their own gain. Read it in day...
Nicolesbell.Net
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an extremely good book and am just starting the second one in the series called: Shattered Silence. I also have the rest of the series that I can't wait to read. Margaret Daley is an extremely talented writer and enjoy many of her other books as well.
Linda Goff
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Parents and teens shouldn't read this book!

A story of teen runaways, prostitution, and predators taking advantage of young girls. A well written story that is happening all over our country. So sad that our young girls are being groomed to look and act older to fit in.
Sheila Corbin
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a great read!

Just seeing Margaret Daley's name on a book promises a good, no, great experience. The characters are so well developed that you feel part of the book. Thank you Margaret Daley for sharing your God given talent.
Kathryn
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-hardcopy
Very good book!
Jocelyn
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
I really enjoyed reading this book.Sometimes it is really nice to read a good book without the sex in it.'Saving Hope' had a very good story line on human trafficking.Thank you Margaret Daley:)
Quin
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of action. Not too mushy.
Margaret
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Victor Gentile
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Margaret Daley in her new book, “Saving Hope” Book One in The Men of the Texas Rangers Series published by Abingdon Press gives us a contemporary adventure with The Texas Rangers.

From the back cover: When the people you love are threatened, it’s personal.

Iola
This is not a story for the faint-hearted. Kate Winslow runs a shelter, Beacon of Hope, for teenage runaways, all of whom are ex-prostitutes. She is particularly attached to Rose, but Rose is missing. Wyatt Sheridan is a Texas Ranger who works on a task force fighting child prostitution. He is also the father of fourteen-year-old Maddie. Wyatt and Kate are drawn together when a dead teenaged girl is found near an abandoned white van that is registered to Beacon of Hope, and they must work togeth ...more
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
This is a condensed version of my review. To see it in its entirety, please follow this link.

I actually rated this one as a 4.5.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off, as always, I'd like to thank netgalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to review this novel.

And now for my thoughts: This may be the best Christian fiction novel I've read this year. I absolutely loved the characters, the plot, the writing, and just everything about this novel.

Daley's ability to create a worl
Kim
Feb 20, 2017 added it
I enjoyed reading this book.
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Title: SAVING HOPE-
Author: Margaret Daley
Publisher: Abingdon Press
March 2012
ISBN: 978-1-4267-1428-3
Genre: Romantic suspense

Now it's personal, and Wyatt finds both his faith and investigative skills chal
Maddie
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christians, and thrill readers
Shelves: nook
When I first read the summary for this book, I didn't expect it to be so clean. I didn't expect it to be a Christian book either - it was just a free book on Free Book Friday for the nook. Yet I decided to read it and it turned out to be an amazing book.

This is a wonderful book that is perfect for Christian readers who enjoy thrillers. Margaret Daley did an amazing job with this book. She wrote the book in an elegant style, modern and fast-paced; so fast, you won't want to put it down. Everywher
Patti
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Margaret Daley has written a nice beach read with "Saving Hope." Tinged with romance and suspense, the story races out of the gate and doesn't slow down until it crosses the finish line.

Wyatt is a Texas Ranger, widower, father of a teenage daughter, and son to a slightly flighty mother. He has his hands full personally and professionally and believes there will never be another "woman" in his life. Until...he starts working on a case that involves young, teen-aged girls who are recruited/kidnapp
  • A Texan's Honor (Heart of a Hero, #2)
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Darkness Before Dawn
  • Honor Redeemed (First Responders #2)
  • Accused (Pacific Coast Justice, #1)
  • Attracted to Fire
  • Highland Sanctuary (Highlands #2)
  • Her Restless Heart (Stitches In Time Series #1)
  • Proof (Bloodline Trilogy, #1)
  • Tomorrow's Sun (Lost Sanctuary #1)
  • Blame It On The Mistletoe (Bright's Pond #4)
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance, #3)
  • Diagnosis Death (Prescription for Trouble, #3)
  • The Voyage of Promise (Grace in Africa, #2)
  • Fatal Judgment (Guardians of Justice, #1)
  • Meet the Annas
  • The Glory of Green (Green #3)
  • False Pretenses (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #1)
Margaret Daley, an award-winning author of seventy-six books, has been married for over forty years and is a firm believer in romance and love. When she isn’t traveling, she’s writing love stories, often with a suspense thread and corralling her three cats that think they rule her household. To find out more about Margaret visit her website at http://www.margaretdaley.com.
More about Margaret Daley

The Men of the Texas Rangers (4 books)
  • Shattered Silence (Men of the Texas Rangers, #2)
  • Scorned Justice (Men of the Texas Rangers, #3)
  • Severed Trust (Men of the Texas Rangers, #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be