Start by marking “501 French Verbs: Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses in a New Easy-To-Learn Format Alphabetically Arranged” as Want to Read:

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  521 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
The approximately 1,000 French infinitives listed with their English translations are conjugated and set up one-per-page in alphabetical order. This volume makes a fine supplement to classroom textbooks and is also useful to travelers.
Published February 1st 1996 by Barron's Educational Series

To ask other readers questions about 501 French Verbs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 501 French Verbs

Dani Janisch
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't have survived highschool or college without this. Anyone who owns this indeed has read it cover to cover, backwards and forwards several times. and it includes idioms-my favorite!
Lily
IT'S FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D YAY
Sara
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't actually really say I read this, but I bought it when I was studying French and used it as a reference. Not that I remember much of French. Still have this book though!
Katherine
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bought this when I took my French A level and it proved to be a very useful tool. Now that I live in France and have a child going through French school, it is indispensable. I couldn't count the number of times I've had to get this out during homework -- let's just say I've had to gaffer-tape the spine to keep it together! Although it is not really necessary to have all these verbs conjugated, actually it's blooming useful. It is well presented with a page per verb, all in alphabetical order an ...more
Stephanie Sheridan
This is a total mainstay in my library. I love this book, not just because it unpacks the french language, but because it gives great examples of how words are used in different sentences, in different settings. 501 French Verbs is fun to read every now and then, and also good to have on hand in a panic when I need a translation, which doesn't happen that often but which this book gives me the confidence to tackle!
S.D. Johnson
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the greatest reference books ever. If anyone is looking for a tool to speed up comprehension and to remember the most important verb conjugations, then this is the book for you. I felt so indebted to it I got the German verb book by the same publishers & feel certain it will be just as handy.
H.L. Stephens
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For anyone who studies, has studied, is thinking about studying, or is just plain fascinated by the French language, this book is a fabulous reference. I tripped over it years ago and have worn through several copies of it since. Although it is not a pocket reference, it fits nicely on the bookshelf.
Ann?
Sep 18, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a very helpful book. now that I'm in second year, I understand a lot more about present, irregular, and er verbs, and also I now understand passé composé, so the book really helps.
I recommend it to anyone taking francais!
jacky
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a life saver this book was when I took French. Its Spanish counterpart also was great.

These books basically congregate all the common irregularverbs for you in all the tenses, as well as giving the patterns for the regular ones.
Jonathanrb
What did language students do before these references came along...?
These will totally do, until the Babelfish comes to Earth.

Even then, those of us who learned the hard way will praise the merits of the Kendris books.

Merci, Professeur!

Dennis
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best reference for verb tenses ive found * good for verb french to english memorization
Kate
Mar 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewing -- just in case!
Cecile
this book is a must have for any serious student of French. I wish I still had my copy.
Bobby
Aug 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real page-turner. Recommended also is 501 Spanish Verbs.

But, you don't have to take my word for it. Buh-dum bum!
Amanda
May 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A must have for any French student!
Christine
A systematic study of French verbs will tell you what is in this book, but it's still a great reference to have on hand, as either an instructor or student.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enormously helpful when studying French, a simple yet brilliant book
Plaimont
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately, I have yet to find this book very helpful. I tended to use it as a last ditch effort in my thesis translations.
Rachel Alvarado
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolutely essential for me in my French courses.
GREGORY
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book in the hardcopy, not so fond of the digital version.
Maureen Walker
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really need to buy this book or find it somewhere at a very discounted rate, anyone know anybody not wanting to keep this book and send it my way. thanks
Tamara
Dec 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Great way to help learn verb conjugations.
Meltha
Jan 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Useful.
B.
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Tremendous help in those high school French classes. I'd of never made it without this handy little book.
Kaisa Mettille
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: french
good guide
Kari
Jul 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: magen, daniel, charles, erin c, cheryl
Absolutely essential for anyone learning French. I used it when I attended French schools as a kid and then again as an adult living in France.
Charlene
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book helped me through high school and college French classes. I wouldn't have been able to make it without this book!
Great for English speakers learning French. Once you get up to speed with French, the much more portable "Nouveau Bescherelle" is better.
Annie
Jun 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone learning the language!!
A must for any French language course! It will be a life saver--especially when you're working with 4-5 different tenses as things get a little more advanced.

Rebecca
Most useful book EVER. More so than any textbook I had in French classes. I'd recommend any book in this series to a language learner.
  • 501 German Verbs
  • The Ultimate French Review and Practice: Mastering French Grammar for Confident Communication
  • 501 Latin Verbs
  • Easy French Reader, Second Edition
  • Bantam New College Latin and English Dictionary
  • Collins-Robert French-English, English-French Dictionary =: Robert-Collins Dictionnaire Francais-Anglais, Anglais-Francais
  • 501 Russian Verbs
  • Wheelock's Latin
  • Cassell's Concise Latin-English, English-Latin Dictionary
  • The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary
  • Signing Naturally: Student Videotext and Workbook Level 1
  • Merde!: The Real French You Were Never Taught at School (Sexy Slang Series)
  • The University of Chicago Spanish - English English - Spanish Dictionary