Start by marking “Beyond Broccoli: Creating a Biologically Balanced Diet When a Vegetarian Diet Doesn't Work” as Want to Read:

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Published August 15th 2011 by Awakenings (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Broccoli, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Broccoli

Kevin
Dec 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
This woman is totally nuts! Instead of a fair assessment of the science of different kinds of diets, this book is full of strange new age mumbo-jumbo like "Death isn't real" and "our bodies are just spacesuits." Some valid points about the problems inherent in factory farming, but other authors have made the same points much better.
Jessica Buike
Nov 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Beyond Broccoli explores the nutritional side of diets, especially vegan and vegetarian diets. I enjoyed that the author was very straightforward about how she doesn't have all the answers and that not every diet is right for every person. Vegan, vegetarian and raw diets have become more and more popular and have been interesting to me, and I like how the author explained both their benefits an their drawbacks. I appreciate that she differentiated between men and women when it comes to health, b ...more
Tami
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have never been a big meat eater so for me it has always been natural to tend more towards a vegetarian diet. While I do feel better when I eat vegetarian, I crave carbs so I eat a lot of complex carbs which even as whole grains seem to come with their own set of issues. All in all, a raw foods diet seems to work pretty well except for the protein related deficiencies like B12 and Iron.

Since I’m always trying to work with and around my diet, I was eager to read Beyond Broccoli. As I knew the
Jakob