Start by marking “The Horror at Camp Jellyjam (Goosebumps, #33)” as Want to Read:
The Horror at Camp Jellyjam  (Goosebumps, #33)

The Horror at Camp Jellyjam

(Goosebumps #33)

Unable to fit in with the other kids at summer sports camp, Wendy, a non-athletic type, cannot understand what all the hype is over a little game of softball, but she is about to learn the origins of everyone's obsessive competitive streak.
Published September 1st 2003 by Scholastic (first published 1995)

✨Tamara
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
#33 "Tennis... Ping-pong... Monsters, anyone?"
"Only the best" the sign reads under King Jellyjam. Wendy's brother Elliot is very competitive and a total sports nut. She however, is not so into sports. So when they go to Camp Jellyjam, the sports camp, Wendy feels it's kind of a downer. But she's about to find out that things are not all that they seen at this camp.
Carmen
Feb 28, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
"And what about Mom and Dad?" I demanded. "They couldn't have driven very far before they realized the trailer had come loose. Why haven't they found us? Why hasn't the camp found them?"

Elliot shrugged. "Beats me," he replied casually. He dodged past me and started to the door. "Wendy, you're just unhappy because you stink at sports. But I'm having a great time here. Don't mess it up for me - okay?"

R.L. Stine must have been on some serious substances in 1995 because this book is flippin' insane.
Salymar
Nov 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 1999-2007-read
I am never really a fan of summer camp books and most importantly I don't dig stories with kids disobeying their parents. Well I guess that's the moral of the story...DO NOT DISOBEY YOUR PARENTS.
As far as I can remember, this book was still fun and silly, but not as good as the other Goosebumps book series.
The monster was kind of stupid, but the brainwashed campers were completely creepy!

Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, I would get invovled in fights in the library over who got to che
3Marcus6799
Aug 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
OMG! Flat out OMG! I cannot beleive this book! It was CRAZY completely CRAZY! King Jellyjam. A KING MADE OUT OF STANKY JELLY! HOW does he come up with this stuff?!!? I don't know but this book was incredible. Completely incredible.YOU HAVE TO READ THIS FREAKING BOOK!I don't care what you ave to READ this!!
David Santos
Oct 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
For some odd reason I really like the camp books. Here you have wo kids who get detached from their parents (literally)The end up at a fun little sports camp. Right away I knew it was fiction when all the kids obeyed the camp rules! Anyways It was written in female first person and was done well. I was entertained from the start to the end. The ending was strange and kinda gross. On a side note the description on some sites is really off base (no pun intended) and is exactly why I don't read the ...more
Danny
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comfort-books
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Κάπως αφελές για τα δικά μου γούστα, αν και λόγω κατασκήνωσης κερδίζει κάποιους πόντους, αφού με ταξιδεύει σε ωραίες, περασμένες εποχές, όπου σε κάποια κατασκήνωση διηγούμασταν τρομακτικές ιστορίες που τρέμαμε μην τυχόν και βγουν αληθινές. Οπότε, εγκεφαλικά και μόνο, νομίζω πως πετυχαίνει σε μεγάλο βαθμό το σκοπό της, που δεν είναι άλλος από το να μας τσιτώσει τα νεύρα.
it'chy
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: soft
chapter 10: bob totally forgot about the deuce
Andrew
Darcy McLaughlin
We start this instalment with what feels like a remake of the earlier Horrorland story. Kids in the back of a car bored, parents driving them somewhere. Wendy and Elliot are 12 and 11, and their parents are driving them around the country in their car and sleeping in an "old fashioned" camper trailer, you know as opposed to those new fangled ones I guess.

The kids are so bored, they ask if they can ride in the camper while they're driving down the highway. Dad of the year decides this is a safe i
Alexandra
i was really hoping to love this one, as it has one of my favorite covers out of all the goosebumps books, but sadly, i did not. it was just okay. and gross.

the premise is completely unbelievable to start with. (okay let's be real, the ENTIRE STORY is unbelievable which is fine. it's fucking goosebumps lol) two kids are on a boring road trip with their parents and decide to liven it up by riding in the trailer behind their parents car. trailer becomes unhitched, the kids go sailing off down a m
Rae Lake
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Ken
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A super competitive sports camp that harbours a deep secret is such a cool concept.

This one really stuck with me as a kid, it might be due to the fact that I would have been one of the campers who would desperately try and win the Six King Coins to enter ‘Winners Wak’ too!

Throughout the park there’s plenty of signs that read ‘Only The Best’ seems harmless enough but has such a deeper sinister meaning.

This book even has a dark twist ending, which helps make it standout!
Jack Richard
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't think I can count this as a book on the list. I read the whole book aloud to a child, I'm going to count that as a solid.
Zane
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who was your favorite character?
Elliot is my favorite character because he's funny.

What did you think was the scariest part?
I think the scariest part was when Wendy was about to get eaten by kingjelly jam.

What was your favorite scene?
My favorite scene is when all the counselors are hypnotized because they chase kids that have six king coins.

What did you not like about the book?
I don't like the slavery in the book.
Aurora Dimitre
This, right after the book I said I wouldn't name in this review, is one of the Goosebumps books I remember the most fondly from my childhood. I don't know what it was - that cheerful (er) counselor on the front, or maybe the main character's little brother, who I always liked, or maybe just the whole idea, but Jellyjam was always one of my favorites.

This book follows a girl and her younger brother on vacation. They're bored. They don't want to be in the car for hours at a time (hey, that's how
Sean Morrow
Dec 05, 2011 rated it did not like it
The first 'idol' of mine I ever met was R.L. Stine. I met him at a book signing in my childhood. I had a meringue after, and learned that I don't like meringue. But I liked Goosebumps. Now I don't like Goosebumps.

I read this expecting to enter a euphoric state of nostalgic bliss, and was sorely disappointed. The story is just awful, Stine throws a twist in the end that has no basis in the rest of the story, it just kind of happens completely randomly. The earthquakes that shake Camp JellyJam are
Hiromi Aoki
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THE HORROR AT CAMP written by R.L.Stine is a horror story which happens to two little kids.

On the way to the family trip, two children who are Wendy and her younger brother Elliot got lost.
The trailer two kids were riding on rolled downhill without their children.
When Wendy opens the door, there was someone looked weird. This man was waiting for them with grinning smile...

The main character,Wendy, is a very careful girl. Buddy who is the owner of a horror camp always tempt them with funny eve
Sami C
Apr 26, 2014 rated it liked it
This is the first Goosebumps I read in over 10 years, and I am reminded of how one-dimensional the characters and how cringe-worthy the dialogues are.

Wendy and Elliot talk their parents into letting them ride in the trailer during a ride to camp, and somehow the trailer becomes unhitched. They roll down a hill and land by Camp Jellyjam where instead of being panicked and checking for injuries or trauma and making sure to contact their parents and the authorities, the kids immediately join sports
Andrew Ball
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the more unsettling books by R.L. Stine. The actual horror is less than the pervasive sense of unease that still sticks with me years afterward. I read it so many times the binding started falling off.
Raye of the Dead
Oct 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
This was a favorite when I was a kid. I was super excited to re-read this as an adult. I probably shouldn’t have done it. It was a fun read but it just wasn’t the same as when I was a kid. That is why I’m only giving it three stars.
Tracey
The way the monster was killed was stupid but I liked the relationship between the brother and sister. They weren't psychopaths towards each other.
Sera
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbr
One of my favorites. :)
Ink
Mar 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
PopSugar Reading Challenge
Un libro con portada fea

Este libro es más feo que su portada. xD
No logró emocionarme como con sus otros libros, las competencias deportivas son aburridas (salvo la primera de natación) y la resolución... literalmente vencen sin hacer nada.
Ad Rocks Socks
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: goosebumps, mehh
I really really really really really really wish I’d read Carmen’s review before reading this book.
Justin Padilla
Wendy and her younger brother Elliot are on a road trip with their parents, which Elliot and Wendy hates because they wanted to go to summer camp. The Wyoming countryside does very little to excite the two kids, so Wendy suggests that maybe she and Elliot could ride in the trailer hitched behind their car. Once inside the trailer, the two kids merrily pass the time as the trailer accelerates down the highway. When the ride gets a little bumpy, the kids assume their mother is driving, but the tra ...more
Isabel Orama
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The book that I read today was about a brother and sister named Wendy and Elliot. One day, their parents and them where going on a road trip for vacation. Elliot gets bored in the car, so he asks his dad if Wendy and himself can go in the trailer that the car pulls. Their mom thought it was dangerous, but their dad let them go anyway. As they where in the trailer, the car went up a steep hill and the trailer got loose. The trailer went down the hill until it came to a sudden stop. A strange smil ...more
Maggie Gordon
The Horror at Camp Jellyjam is... one of the weirder Goosebumps novels. It doesn't compare to Camp Nightmare, but it wasn't as horrible as I anticipated. Though it does feel like an acid trip for kids...

In this book, Elliot and Wendy are separated from their parents after an accident, but they end up right near a camp specialising in sports that is happy to let them stay until their parents can be fond. Elliot loves it there, but Wendy is concerned that the counsellors seem a little weird, and e
Connie
This book was one of my childhood favourites! It was one of the first Goosebumps books I ever read and it was so enjoyable to re-read it!

This story follows Wendy and Elliot who start the book in the back of their parent's car bored senseless. After convincing their parents to let them sit in the caravan they're hitching, they start to realise they are moving backwards! To their horror they became unhinged. They roll down a hill and into camp Jellyjam, a sports camp with the slogan 'Only the Best
Ruby
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book has everything that will keep a young reader entertained…excitement, intrigue, mystery, terror, and of course grossness! I think that R.L. Stine is one of the best “horror” writers for children because he finds a way to empower the young characters of his books to find their own solutions to their problems. Problem-solving is definitely a necessity in the world, and I love how Stine can empower children to solve problems and think for themselves in a manner that appeals to them. True, ...more
  • The Diversion (Animorphs, #49)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)

R. L. Stine b

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)