Start by marking “Have a Little Faith: a True Story” as Want to Read:
Have a Little Faith: a True Story

Have a Little Faith: a True Story

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  65,362 Ratings  ·  4,423 Reviews

In Have a Little Faith, Mitch Albom offers a beautifully written story of a remarkable eight-year journey between two worlds--two men, two faiths, two communities--that will inspire readers everywhere.

Albom's first nonfiction book since Tuesdays with Morrie, Have a Little Faith begins with an unusual request: an eighty-two-year-old rabbi from Albom's old hometown asks him

Published September 29th 2009 by Hachette Books

To ask other readers questions about Have a Little Faith, please sign up.

Alex Iannarelli It’s good reading for you early 20 when they are trying to find there faith and them self. In a time when they might need a little guidance in there…moreIt’s good reading for you early 20 when they are trying to find there faith and them self. In a time when they might need a little guidance in there life after collage if before the start.. but it could be good for any age (less)
Maddie This isn't a qualified answer, but my belief is that the Reb chose Mitch because he has seen him before in their town and at church. Maybe because his…moreThis isn't a qualified answer, but my belief is that the Reb chose Mitch because he has seen him before in their town and at church. Maybe because his personality was the right fit for what the Reb wanted, or because the Reb had seen Mitch before. Again, I am NOT sure. (less)

Shantelle
Jul 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
"In the beginning, there was a question.
"In the end, the question gets answered." - Mitch Albom

I just finished reading Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom. I'm not sure why I picked up this novel to read. Perhaps I was bored and needed something to do, perhaps I was looking for something to feel a void; or perhaps, just perhaps, I needed a little bit of faith.

Have a Little Faith is an amazing story about a Rabbi, a Christian Minister, and a man with very little faith. This book will take you thro
Lyn
Jul 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
The thing about Mitch is that he is ever so much too syrupy, almost but not quite dripping from the page.

Not overly melodramatic, or too nostalgic or sentimental, not even really distasteful, I like his writing, but just a little too much. Like a glass of sweet tea that is just too full of sugar, needs a good squirt of lemon to knock it down a bit.

Having said that, I like Albom and his writing. I like that he's a baseball fan. He's worldly, observant and funny - he's a sportswriter after all,
Harun Harahap
Feb 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: punya, fiksi, terjemahan
Pernahkan Anda mengenal orang yang punya keyakinan (yang kuat ataupun tidak)?Apakah anda berlari menjauhinya?

Saya pernah , begitu juga dengan Mitch Albom. Rasa jengah kerap muncul saat berdekatan orang-orang saleh (bahkan dalam kasus saya adalah orang tua saya sendiri) tersebut. Rasa takutkah itu? atau rasa malu?? Tetapi takut atau malu dari apa? Namun, yang pasti saya merasa menjadi ‘salah’ dan ‘kecil’ di antara mereka hingga takut diri saya sendiri akan lenyap.

Mitch Albom berhenti berlari da
Nancy
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I assumed this would be a typical Mitch Albom book, sentimental with "profound" life advice. I feel like it's un-American not to read these short best selling books about finding what ever it is he is selling. I was correct. But I had forgotten how his simple story telling can get to your soul; the real reason these books are so successful. This one doesn’t disappoint. To me it was much less about the two men he learns from and more about his insight into himself. Maybe it’s because we are so cl ...more
Aj the Ravenous Reader
I didn't love it as much as I did the other books by Mitch Albom but this one is still worth reading.
☮Karen
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Several years after Mitch Albom spent his Tuesdays with the famous Morrie, he began spending time with Albert Lewis. Albert was his childhood rabbi, and sometime after Albom stopped going to temple, Albert surprised him with a request that Albert's eulogy be delivered by Albom. Albom didn't feel qualified but obligingly accepted the challenge, provided they became better acquainted. The eight years they spent visiting and talking, along with each of their separate histories, are recounted.

Their
Raha
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mitch-albom
داشتم فکر می کردم که اگر واقعا قرار بود خدایی وجود داشته باشه ، چه خوب می شد که خدای یهودی ها یا مسیحی ها می بود... مهربون و بخشنده و همون قدر در دسترس و شوخ طبع ! درست بر عکس خدای ما مسلمون ها که همیشه عصبانی و بداخلاقه و بیشتر اوقات سرگرم جمع کردن هیزم واسه جهنمشه که به محض قبض روح شدن بنده هاش هولشون بده تو آتیش جهنننم تا هی بسوزن و زجر بکشن و خدا هم کیف کنه!! جرات هم نداری باهاش دو کلام حرف بزنی ،درد و دل و گله و شکایت که جای خود دارد
:))
جدا از شوخی این کتاب تلنگری بود واسه من که این روزه ها
Mia Prasetya
Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled "This could change your life." ~Helen Exley

Quote yang sudah pernah saya dengar sebelumnya, kemarin baca lagi dari status updatenya mbak Lita dan quote di atas sangat melukiskan perasaan saya semalam ketika begadang menyelesaikan buku Mitch Albom terbaru Have a Little Faith. Penulis bahkan menyatakan "It is... the most important thing I’ve ever written,” . Di bukunya kali ini Mitch Albom mengajak kita untuk menyelami iman, cinta, toleransi a
K.D. Absolutely
My fourth Mitch Albom and he is still to disappoint. Quick read but I found myself still pausing every now and then as I had to digest his words. The writing is Hallmark-card perfect but who hated receiving and reading Hallmark cards? I definitely recall with fondness those years when I used to receive greeting cards on special occasions.

Albom is the guy in the current mainstream writers. His works are all bestsellers and have been translated in many languages, sold in many countries and made in
Sheryl
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
One word - Amazing!

I'm really glad I chose to get the book. It was a very insightful and thought provoking read for me. Many parts of the book moved me to tears, and I loved the sermons. I could relate them with everyday life! I don't believe in any religion, so I started reading with a little trepidation, afraid it would start talking about converting etc. But boy was I wrong! This book is about faith, not just any specific religion.. but believing in something bigger than yourself. It'll make
Stabin John
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
It is with grace of Jesus we all are saved.
A book that gifted me lot of amazing moments. Wonderfully written about lives. The Jewish Rabbi, Christian Pastor and many more lives. It is a book which can provide you lot of stunning moments. The two rebs of this novel made me think about my own life. To think about past and crying always is the worse thing in our life but this book gives a positive energy to go ahead and do the best in present. Do your best with the present so you may be happy in yo
Paria
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1396
«کمی ایمان داشته داشته باش» اثر میچ آلبوم.
کتاب بر اساس اتفاقات واقعی نوشته شده. همه چیز از زمانی آغاز میشه که کشیش کلیسا از میچ میخواد تا سخنرانی روز خاکسپاریش رو انجام بده و به همین دلیل هم میچ شروع به آشنا شدن با زندگی اون روحانی می کنه. و به معانی جدیدی از ایمان دست پیدا می کنه.

میچ آلبوم نویسنده ی محبوب منه و همیشه کتاباش بنظرم زیبا و خلاقانست. اما این یکی رو که اتفاقا امتیاز بالایی توی گودریدز داشت، خیلی نپسندیدم. به شدت شبیه به کتاب "سه شنبه ها با موری" بود که خب اون هم واسم خیلی جذاب نبود
Mark John
One of my favorite lines from this book is “No matter which road you decide to take on your life's journey, just make sure God is an intimate part of it”. God gave us the will to choose whether to be good or to be bad, he proved how good He is. Becoming good or bad is always a choice but what we need to remember is God is always there to accept who we are, even though we made sins and troubles from our past, we’re not perfect we all know that and God also know that. Like what is being introduced ...more
Sue
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I purchased "Have a Little Faith" by Mitch Albom, after receiving a recommendation to read this book.This was such an uplifting novel that I couldn't put down.Such an emotional rollercoaster.I felt so good after reading this novel."Have a little Faith" is a true story nonfiction book that can open your eyes and heart, and allow you to realize how precious life is.It is about believing in something and the two men who taught him how.

The novel centers around three people:Mitch, a jewish man who in
Owlseyes

Just watched the movie; it's about two parallel (real) stories; one on Rabbi Albert L. Lewis; the other on Henry Covington. The sportswriter is the intersecting point. He's been asked an eulogy by the Rabbi; yet, he'll get to know also a former drug-dealer and drug-addict, Henry Covington, now a minister in a Presbyterian, Detroit church, crumbling apart. While collecting data from the Rabbi's life, the sportswriter will witness change in himself.

The church gets rebuilt.
Life takes on a new mea
Soplada
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Partially this book holds the same journey as the one with the professor Morrie Schwartz in Tuesdays with Morrie but here it has more a religious message which I found so many resembling spiritual values in my religion like: loving every person, giving, caring and turning to God whatever the situation is. I found Sami Yusuf New Song which celebrates The World Interfaith Harmony Week 2015 is a big match for this faithFULL book:
Michelle
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just what I needed to lift my spirit!
Shelah
Oct 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Originally posted at Feminist Mormon Housewives.

When I was in Young Women’s, it seemed that whenever our planned Mutual activities fell apart, the go-to Plan B was to pull some Books of Mormon out of a storage closet and have us write our testimonies in them. At that time in my life, I had zero qualms about standing in front of a congregation on Fast Sunday and bearing my testimony, or talking in a fireside about my conversion to the gospel, but for some reason my mind always blanked when it cam
Nicole
Jan 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book. I love the way Albon brought the two stories of different faiths together. It certainly made me appreciate the little things in life a lot more and also, not sweat the small stuff. It drew me closer to my faith and appreciate and respect faiths of friends and family that are different from mine. After all, we all pray to the same God, we just do it a little differently. If you have questions about your own faith or in faith overall, this book is a must read. It touched on so many ...more
Beatrice Masaluñga
Jun 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Beatrice by: Angelique Jader
Shelves: borrowed, adult
In this book, Two people are involved (not including Mitch Albom), Mr. Albert Lewis- or "The Reb" as he called who is a Pastor, and requests Mitch to do his Eulogy when the time he will leave this world, and Henry Covington, who is a criminal and drug addict, he lost his faith that's why he is doing such bad acts until the time that he need God's Help and became a Pastor after realizing his sins. Also a little story from Cass who is homeless.

It's my first time to read a Non-Fiction book, but I
Helvry Sinaga
Apr 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tidak satupun manusia yang tahu kapan waktunya di dunia fana ini akan usai. Kemisterian mengenai ada apa setelah hidup di dunia ini, mungkin sama halnya dengan misteri mengenai bagaimana rupa Sang Pemberi hidup.

Awalnya adalah sebuah pertanyaan, dan menjadi pertanyaan terakhir
"Maukah kau menyampaikan eulogi untukku?"
Pertanyaan itu disampaikan oleh seorang Rabi/Guru/Pendeta/Pastor/Pemimpin Agama kepada Mitch Albom.

Menurut Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia, eulogi berarti:

1. ucapan atau tulisan yg mem
Mahsa
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: encouraging
«دوست ندارم این کتاب رو!» تا اواسط کتاب با این حس صفحاتش رو ورق زدم. نمی دونم چرا، اما نمی تونستم باهاش ارتباط برقرار کنم.
از نیمه ی کتاب که گذشتم، به طرز عجیبی همه چیز وارونه شد. مقاومت رو کنار گذاشتم و دیدم این کتاب قرار نیس روبروم بنشینه و کلیشه ای باشه، قرار نیس برام موعظه کنه و از بالا بهم نگاه کنه... به جای همه ی این ها، قراره کنارم باشه و فقط برام حرف بزنه. قضاوتم نمیکنه... قصه میگه و قضاوت رو به خودم میسپره... درست مثل نمونه موعظه های روحانیِ دوست داشتنیِ این کتاب...

دخترکی با نقاشی ای که
Ali AlGarawi
Nov 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
كتاب يحكي أحداث عاشها الكاتب مع راهب المعبد الذي كان يرتاده عندما كان صغيرا ، فحينما طلب منه الراهب أن يقدم تأبينه عند وفاته
طلب منه الكاتب أن يتعرف عليه جيدا حتى يعرف ما يقول حين التأبين والوداع الأخير ، وعندها يبدأ يحكي وينسج بأسلوبه الرائع العذب
الأحداث والحوارات التي حصلت بينه وبين الراهب في مختلف القضايا الإيمانية والعقدية والفلسفية والتاريخية في حياة الراهب
مضمنا بعض الخطب التي ألقاها الراهب اليهودي في اجتماعات السبت في المعبد.

بعض الآراء والفلسفة قد توافق بعض ما جاء به الإسلام والبعض قد لا
Karen
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had two books left to read this year to meet my Goodreads reading challenge goal of 80 books. So, i pulled this slim book off the shelf. Wow, it packs a punch and turned out to be one of the best books I have read this year. During a time when I find myself questioning my faith, this book was just what my soul needed.
Elyse
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was 'almost' as good as "Tuesdays With Morrie". (both books being true stories)

I read it when it came out. Its a human'gem' of a story!
Sali Sabrawi
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Deep and brilliant.
Michelle
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious, audio
I read Tuesdays with Morrie several years ago, and I found it touching, but I'm not sure I would say I loved it. I'm not sure why. It's been too long for me to recall the specifics. However, I did love this.

Recently, I've decided I want to spend my time on the road listening to things that are perhaps more enlightened than the latest thriller or romance or even the a.m. radio crew. And so I happened across this on the library shelves, and decided it might be uplifting. It was.

It isn't that it sa
Brian
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
For most of the time I spent reading this book, I hated it. It struck me as a simple, feel-good story about a journey to faith. It felt like Mitch Albom was encouraging people to accept religion because it made these simple people feel good and be happy. To me, he was encouraging people to throw up their arms and place everything on faith rather than taking a moment to come up with their own thoughts for once. I stand by all of those feelings.

However, at the very end, Albom’s message became very
Julie
I'm in awe of Albom's writing style. He uses simple, easy-to-read words, and manages to convey the nuances of everything from mourning to elation. While I was reading Have a Little Faith, I found myself both emotional and pensive, pondering over the questions that Albom himself struggled with: Why do good things happen to bad people? Is there really a God? Why do people choose to go into the ministry? Can people really, fundamentally change? Heavy stuff, but it doesn't really feel that way as yo ...more
Liz
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I am not a religious person, but for as long as I remember myself I had always wanted to understand religion. The concept itself, as well as the major and some minor religions of the world. Their developments, differences and similarities. What drives the people who stand behind them, how and why. Which still results in me pestering the person who belongs to another religion and is more or less on good terms with it about a variety of things.

This one, while very sentimental at times, provided s
Have a Little Faith 11 143 Apr 10, 2014 08:15AM
Excerpts Available 1 25 Sep 19, 2009 11:50PM
release date? 1 25 Oct 27, 2008 09:44AM
  • The Christmas List
  • Morrie: In His Own Words
  • The Longest Trip Home: A Memoir
  • What difference do it make?
  • Letters to Sam: A Grandfather's Lessons on Love, Loss, and the Gifts of Life
  • When Bad Things Happen to Good People
  • If Life Is a Game, These Are the Rules: Ten Rules for Being Human as Introduced in Chicken Soup for the Soul
  • In an Instant: A Family's Journey of Love and Healing
  • In a Heartbeat: Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving
  • God Never Blinks: 50 Lessons for Life's Little Detours
  • Notes Left Behind
  • The Last Lecture
  • Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life
  • The Seventeen Second Miracle
  • An Altar in the World: A Geography of Faith
  • Stainless Longganisa
  • The Faith Club: A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew--Three Women Search for Understanding
  • Consider the Blessings
Mitchell David Albom is an author, journalist, screenwriter, playwright, radio and television broadcaster and musician. His books have collectively sold over 35 million copies worldwide; have been published in forty-one territories and in forty-two languages around the world; and have been made into Emmy Award-winning and critically-acclaimed television movies.
More about Mitch Albom...

Nonfiction Deals

• Death by Living: Life Is Meant to Be Spent
    $4.99 $1.99
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Bobby Kennedy: The Making of a Liberal Icon
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Tao of Bill Murray: Real-Life Stories of Joy, Enlightenment, and Party Crashing
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Prince Charles: The Passions and Paradoxes of an Improbable Life
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Funny In Farsi: A Memoir Of Growing Up Iranian In America
    $7.99 $1.99
“Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.” 771 likes
“Nothing haunts us like the things we don't say.” 733 likes