Start by marking “Cry of the Cat (Goosebumps Series 2000, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cry of the Cat (Goosebumps Series 2000, #1)

Cry of the Cat (Goosebumps 2000 #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  1,400 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
She just wanted to do the right thing. Return the black cat to its owner. But once Allison stepped into the dark, broken-down house, she regretted the whole idea. Now her biggest problem is getting out.
Published January 1st 1998 by Apple (first published 1997)

Noodar Yasmeen
Ughh...

I read this book before but I guess I forgot cause I just re-read it. And to me, it sucked. I used to really really REALLY like goosebumps but I've lot my taste for them. The stories are too short and like I said in my other reviews, it's pointless.

I just don't like it.
Rosie Mccarthy
Jun 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
Couldn't stop laughing from beginning to end, on of the corniest things I have ever read. I have no idea why I was frightened by this when I was younger! I'll keep reading this series of Goosebumps because I frankly find it hilarious and cheesy!
Ana
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
No he actualizado nada de lo que he leído. Sólo puedo decir que casi terminé el reto de los juegos.

3/5
Ahora bien, se desarrolla de una manera rápida. Tiene que cubrir toda una historia de misterio en unas pocas páginas por lo que realmente los secretos van saliendo a lo loco. Así que si buscas quedarte con la duda mucho tiempo este libro no es para ti.
Andrew
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Okay, so I saw the Goosebumps movie the other day and wanted to reread one of my books and recapture my childhood. Safe to say I probably should have kept the books firmly as fond memories, but to be fair, I am 30 years old now, and am no longer the target audience. Cheers Mr Stine, to a chilling childhood!
Katy
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Normally i never really scared easy but for some reason this one book really got to me, it's stupid now i look back on it and read but i do remember having nightmares after reading and watching the TV show. I can't imagine why now. Still its a book i love!
Ricardo Sainz
there is a girl that got scratch by a master cat and she was turning in to a cat because she fell of a tall building and didn't get hurt and then they took her to the hospital and gave her treatment and she was fine but hen in the night she turned in to a monster cat.
Noelle
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who love cat's.
Shelves: books
A cute, fun, and creepy adventure. Even better if you like cat's.
Rebecca McNutt
May 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Not bad; though it has limited vocabulary and choppy sentences, it held my interest and it was creative and easy to read through. It seems like a good one for reluctant readers.
Dania Tariq
Feb 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
It was an ok book
AlenGarou
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicco Saldivar
Mar 05, 2015 is currently reading it
Cry of the Cat (Goosebumps Series 2000, #1) Created by R.L.Stine was a okay book. I didn't really care all that much about it because it was just too goofy, especially the end. The main setting is unknown to me except it takes place in school, the protagonists home, and the antagonists home. The main character is called Allison, the side characters are called tanner, her brother, Ryan, the friend of Allison, and crystal. The main conflict of the book is that Allison killed a cat and now the cat ...more
Colton
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2014
This was a decent start to a less-than-stellar series. Goosebumps 2000 promised "2000 times the scares" and the covers are a little more creepy (but not as memorable) as its parent series. However, nothing about this book is too special. It's little more than a rehash of Chicken, Chicken from the original series, trading in chickens for cats and adding a bit of a ghostly, nine-lives gimmick in. It's not badly written, but it's nothing to get excited about. It actually compares quite well to the ...more
Noelle Walsh
Mar 11, 2014 rated it liked it
As much as I adore black cats (my last cat was a black one and the sweetest cat ever!) this book seemed like it should have been longer and better written which is why I not gave it 3 stars. It just wasn't worthy of a black cat, at least to me it seemed that way. Black cats are the stuff of legend. Back when I was reading R. L. Stine,I thought this book was great and I got a chill from black cats, but now I'd rather be a proud owner of a black cat instead of reading as book about a horror story ...more
Lily Marie
May 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rl-stine, horror
When I read this (I think I was in 3rd grade) it literally made me jump. I loved Goosebumps since I was a baby (my parents and older siblings use to watch it all the time) and this was the first book that ever really scared me. I have read Stephen King, but none of those books scared me. So far, only 3 have:
Cry of the Cat
Daemon Hall
Crimson by Gord Rollo
Of course, now this book doesn't scare me, but is my favorite book by far.
Sai Kumar Dasari
Apr 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
OK.... When I first saw this book in Crosswords Book Store I remembered TV Series of Same name in some channel barely 5 or 6 years back.. But I still remember these stories have a variety Endings rather than regular Ghost stories...
So I bought the first three in this series... Coming to this book if there is still child in you then only go for this book...It is simply a childish story and as expected very good final chapters and an Ending of BANG.....

David Santos
Sep 22, 2012 rated it liked it
R.L Stine has written some really good fun books, but he come sup with some of the most twisted confusing endings. With the cat dead there is nothing left behind.

Crystal and her mom thank Allison for killing the cat. I'm thinking why they didn't just do that themselves? and why didn't crystal just do what she did near the end the first time Allison came knocking at her door? Anyways, it's an interesting read.
Kebo
Nov 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a boy and a girl. And they are movis star and they are making this movie call the cry of thr cat and they are trying to get away from a cat.And the cat got the boy the toy cat break and the man got mad and said fix the toy cat.The girl said she is going out before lunch.The girl was trying to get someing out of her bag
Amanda
I love R.L.Stine and want to read everyone of his books but this book was kinda lame.

I haven't read many Goosebumps books I prefer R.L.Stines Fear Street. This is only the third or fourth Goosebump book I have read and I was not impressed by this one it was boring. I loved the T.V. show off of this book but I didn't like the book as much.
Solim
May 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Been reading some RL Stine for that nostalgia. I never tried the 2000 series so I started with the first one in this series. It was decent with a whatever plot, characters that you never get to know well enough because of how short the story is, and corny dialogue. What made this three stars instead of one was the twist (which Stine is known for), pace and suspense. 3/5 stars.
Thifa Lathifah
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it
wow.. Rada2 nyesel. Kenapa baru sekarang aku baca seri ini, sedangkan temen2 ku udah baca seri ini waktu mereka masih kecil.
Karna aku penakut, jadi baca buku macam ini aja udah lumayan merinding. Padahal ini kan bacaan anak kecil -_-
Staciv0921
this was the one tht was actually scary....dont read it at night plz...i beg of u...but it was scary enough tht i remember any detail about this book....wow....im already shakin remembering the nighmares...there is no goodside to this book
Patrick
Feb 04, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Mariaelena Farina
Nov 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Cry of the Cat was a freaky story, but i think that it is a little to adventurous for people my age. The book is about a so called haunted cat that gets run over by cars, bikes, etc... And doesn't lose his life, he only loses one of his many lives.
Earline
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it
The series 2000 seem more intense than the other Goosebumps series. I liked this one more than The Horror of the Black Ring (#18), but so far my favorites of this series would have to be Bride of the Living Dummy (#2), The Haunted Car (#21) and Slappy's Nightmare (#23).
Neveen Badr (Seraphina Reads)
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I adore this one so much. Cats seams to be scary :( but fun...
Swaraa Iyer
I thought it would not be scary but it was
wjkb
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r-l-stine, scary
A really good start to the new Goosebumps 2000 series!!!
Omar Jassimzain
gfhgnghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Brittany
Aug 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is my favorite of the Goosebumps books. Mostly, probably, because it is about a cat-my favorite animal. I couldn't get enough of this book, and I couldn't forget it.
Nishant Singh
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
My first of goosebumps and favorite too,
  • The First Journey (Alternamorphs, #1)
  • The Wishing Stone (Spooksville, #9)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine

Goosebumps 2000 (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Bride of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps Series 2000, #2)
  • Creature Teacher (Goosebumps Series 2000, #3)
  • Invasion of the Body Squeezers Part 1 (Goosebumps Series 2000, #4)
  • Invasion of the Body Squeezers, Part 2 (Goosebumps Series 2000, #5)
  • I Am Your Evil Twin (Goosebumps Series 2000, #6)
  • Revenge R Us (Goosebumps Series 2000, #7)
  • Fright Camp (Goosebumps Series 2000, #8)
  • Are You Terrified Yet? (Goosebumps Series 2000, #9)
  • Headless Halloween (Goosebumps Series 2000, #10)
  • Attack of the Graveyard Ghouls (Goosebumps Series 2000, #11)

Fiction Deals

• Ilsa: A Novel
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Into the Free
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Persian Boy (Alexander the Great, #2)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Get It Together, Delilah!
  • Mademoiselle Chanel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette (P.S.)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Whisper Beach
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Isabella: Braveheart of France
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Queen of Swords (Wilderness, #5)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Orphan Master's Son
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Sisters One, Two, Three
    $4.99 $1.99
  • This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance!
    $15.95 $1.99