Start by marking “Touching Wood” as Want to Read:
Touching Wood

Touching Wood

(Resplendence Gems #3)

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  174 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
It’s been quite a while since Ross and his master, Harry, have had time to go down into their basement play room and have some fun together. That’s about to change.

Everyone knows that touching wood can bring a person luck and Ross needs all the luck he can get tonight. Failing to touch wood isn’t an option—but when a man is bound and helpless it isn’t necessarily easy to
Published November 9th 2011 by Resplendence Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Touching Wood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touching Wood

Serena Yates
Nov 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
Ross and Harry are clearly emotionally very close, and Ross is desperate to serve Harry as best he can. Even though he thinks he isn't sufficient for his Master, he does his best. And Harry values that. Like any good Dom he gives Ross what he needs, and the scene which makes up most of this book is all the hotter because that concern and caring comes through. It isn't about pain, although Ross is spanked, but rather about making Ross forget his worries and letting him relax (afterwards).

If you l
Kat
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Daniel, Rach.S, DarkM, Patricia
Shelves: ds-dd-bdsm
You know what I liked the most about this book?? Not the spanking although it's pretty hot but that it showed the deep ingrained desire you have as a sub to please your Master, to be the best you can be for him. And that there is no way that you will rest or give up until you showed him that you will do your very best.
I loved that as well as the deep care Harry shows for Ross that he knows exactly how much Ross struggles and fights to please him and he honors that and gives Ross what he needs :)
JenMcJ
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great short story all for a great cause.

Turns out it's fun to be Kim's muse/inspiration/instigator. :)
Kira
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: d-s-and-or-bdsm, m-m

I bought this story because the good cause the money goes to, but... Yeah. I knew better than to buy a really short BDSM story, really. That almost NEVER works. BDSM needs more story, more pages to be good.

This is a snippet that works for people who know about BDSM, but might freak out the vanilla-people.

As a short story it's...okay. Just know that it's guaranteed Dare-BDSM. If that's not your thing, don't read it.

(Buy it though, for the cause. ;))
Matthew
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very nicely done... I liked how the struggling and the safety of the bondage was described. A man in stocks, feet chained to the floor, is commanded to touch wood, but the leather cushions won't let him until his master is ready.

I'm not sure the security is totally realistic, but a fun story nonetheless.
Elena
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: D/s enthusiasts, M/M erotica readers
Really, really, really liked this. I could really feel everything the characters were going through in their minds--I have been there. And it was hot, of course. :) It's also affordable and 100% of proceeds go to charity. What more could you want? I'm going to be reading a lot of Kim Dare in the future.
Adara
Sep 12, 2011 rated it liked it
This was an OK erotic short. I didn't connect with the characters as well as I would have liked. I suspect this is one of those times where understanding the submissive mind better might have helped me connect more. Ah well. It was still a decent erotic short.
Sadonna
Nov 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, pdf
Short spicy hot bdsm story of Ross and Harry.
Clover
Nov 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, contemporary, kinky
it was a sweet and very intense BDSM story.
Lori
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another little gem by Kim Dare :)
Valentina Heart
Nov 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt-bdsm, glbt
Shirley Frances
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read, 2012
Kim Dare does it again for me! Brings her characters to life, their connection and chemistry in few words. It was hot, hot, hot! I wanted to touch wood too! You know, for luck! ;P
Chris
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short, gay, ebook, romance, 2011, bdsm, done
Steamy kinky short m/m scene about a dominant and submissive reconnecting with each other in their playroom.
The UHQ Nasanta
2.5 - 3 stars

This is a very short BDSM scene between Harry and Ross, who appear to be in a committed D/s relationship. Although Harry speaks first, we are first introduced to Ross, the sub, and his POV. I found it interesting to see the thoughts that raced through Ross's head as he sought to do as his Dom had commanded. It made me wonder how long they had been together. It didn't sound long, given Ross's insecure thoughts. When we are introduced to Harry through Ross's POV, I found him to be rat
Sue bowdley
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've not read any Kim Dare books that i've not loved..the only thing wrong with this one is it's way too short...but a great read x
Serena
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-mm
My Rating System:
Emma Sea
Cute short. BDSM really plays hell on the wardrobe, doesn't it? Clothes are always being ripped off.
Izzah Zulaikha
  • I Am the Highway
  • New Leather
  • Simon and Sir
  • Mastering the Ride
  • Boiling Point (Cain and Denny, #5)
  • Soft Focus
  • SUBlime: Collected Shorts (Master Class, #2)
  • Deliberately Unbound (Bound, #2.5)
  • Alphabet Soup (Alphabet Soup #1)
  • Catalyst
  • Wooing Master Jones (BDSM Club #1)
  • A Master's Love (Master's Love, #1)
  • Hotwired Heart (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #1)
  • Happy Birthday to Me (Task Force Iota #2.5)
  • Bound To Please (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • Safe Words (Deviations, #5)
Kim is a thirty-three year old bisexual submissive from Wales (UK). First published in 2008, she has since released almost 100 BDSM erotic romance titles ranging from short stories to full length novels. Having worked with a host of fantastic e-publishers, she has just moved into self publishing.

While she has occasionally ventured towards other pairings, Kim's first love is still, and probably alw

Resplendence Gems (8 books)
  • Not One Word