Start by marking “The Curse of Camp Cold Lake (Goosebumps, #56)” as Want to Read:
The Curse of Camp Cold Lake (Goosebumps, #56)

The Curse of Camp Cold Lake

(Goosebumps #56)

They're baa-ack! Make way for the bestselling children's series of all time! With a fresh new look, GOOSEBUMPS is set to scare a whole new generation of kids. So reader beware--you're in for a scare!
Camp is supposed to be fun, but Sarah hates Camp Cold Lake. The lake is gross and slimy. And she's having a little trouble with her bunkmates. They hate her.
So Sarah comes up
Mass Market Paperback, 144 pages
Published June 1st 2005 by Scholastic Inc. (first published 1997)

Start your review of The Curse of Camp Cold Lake (Goosebumps, #56)
Richard Cardenas
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS!

This was one was pretty creepy and had a fun twist that I didn't really see coming. I will be picking up more Goosebumps books I didn't read as a kid soon. :)
Ken
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah is struggling to make friends at Camp Cold Lake. In an effort to try and get everyone on her, Sarah decides to fake drown in the lake for sympathy.
Little did she know if the horrors she’s about to unleash...

This has such a great Classic Goosebumps feel, a supernatural being at a summer camp feels so fitting for this series.
AshleyiSee
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh how I loved Goosebumps growing up! I wish it wasn't so hard to read down memory lane with this series.

For a middle grade book it's just as good as I remember. Silly, ridiculous, fun and spooky with an ending that sent shivers up my ten year old spine.

Katie hates spending time in the water, so naturally her parents sent her younger brother and herself off to a water sports camp for the summer. Camp Cold Lake, where they are animate about water safety! Katie starts her summer off on the wrong
➸ Gwen de Sade
Feb 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Hihihi I loved these books when I was little and this one was SO creepy! What a funny re-read :D
Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)
Even before Sarah arrives at Camp Cold Lake she has a bad attitude about Camp, an attitude that doesn't get better once she arrives. Right away she doesn't make the best of impressions with her bunk-mates after demanding to switch bunks and spilling a girl's asthma medicine (of which she wanted to keep secret from everyone). Later that night her bunk-bates don't let up on her, playing pranks on her in front of the whole camp, more than one. After trying to get the girls back with her own prank, ...more
Mehsi
Didn't like this one at all. It sounded so great, but it turned out to be horrendously boring and annoying.

This is mostly the fault of our main character. Dear Lord, that girl has an attitude and such a spoiled little brat. Constantly whining and wanting to get her way, not caring about anyone else until, of course, it is too late.
I hated her plan. Oh hey, let's make everyone love me. Guess what, I am going to drown myself. Because that is sooooo super awesome. *rolls eyes* Yeah sure girl, that
Kirk
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Skip the last few sentences and the story makes sense and ends well. The twist is a bit contrived, so I chose to ignore it.

The flawed characters are fun, and herein we deal with the fear of dark, open water, a fear that some believe causes panic and death during triathlons every year.

The winter scene with the introduction to the ghost was a nice contrast to the setting for the rest of the book.

Overall this was good. That twist ending though. How does it make sense?
Prema
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I remember this one is my very first Goosebumps series I read and I was like stalking the other books ever since. I don’t know why, but on my childhood days I found horror stories are thrillingly inviting and I’ll be so eager to dig on stories about ghosts and such.

And The Curse of Camp Cold Lake was really is succeed to bring the goose bumps out of me. When I was reading this back then, I was like hypnotized and got stuck until the very end of the page. Even when the story had finished, it
Lisa
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I remember liking that so much more as a kid. It didn't really kick off until halfway through. But still.. summer camp!
✨The Reading
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#56 "Last one in is a rotten... ghost!"
Sarah hates Camp Cold Lake. Nobody likes her and she just doesn't fit in. But when she pretends to drown in the nasty lake to make people feel sorry for her things don't go exactly the way she expected. She has no idea that there's someone lurking in the shadows. Who can this mysterious stranger be?
Sarah Marie
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. This one isn't my favorite anymore, but I will always remember as the book that kick started me reading again. Review to come.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just found my copy of this and it is the book that got me into reading in fourth grade. Without this book I wouldn't have become an avid reader in search of stories again.
D.K. Brantley
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unlike some of Stine's other books, this one actually had me a bit nervous. I tried imagining myself as a kid reading it, and I'm pretty sure this would be one that would give me nightmares and make me afraid of summer camp forever.

Yes, it's that good. So if you're not a bald old man who can forget scary stuff before going to bed, you may want to avoid this one.
shaney
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
ok let's be real I need to hit my 52 books this year and if it means adding every fucking goosebumps I read, I WILL do it.
Thomas
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story starts by describing the main character and describing the setting. Page 1 says, “I don’t like to be outdoors. I don’t like being in a water sports camp.” The middle is about Sarah having no friends. Her brother and she doesn't get along either. She plans to fake drown so people will feel bad and respect Sarah. The end is about Sarah going into a daze and is in this other camp with a spirit stalking her. She wakes up with people surrounding her and she has been given CPR. Then she ...more
Dana Decker
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is exactly what you would want from a Goosebumps book. Nostalgia and good easy fun. The curse of Camp Cold Lake is a great summertime read for any Goosebumps fan. 114 pages long. This book is about a young girl named Sarah who is forced to go to summer water sports camp by her parents and her brother who is on the other hand, very excited to go. The story follows typical camp life and deals with issues of bullying. Sarah has a really hard time fitting in at a camp she doesn't even want to ...more
Kaysha R.
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book Goosebumps: The Curse of Camp Cold Lake is a really good book to read; especially if you like reading fiction horror stories. This book is about the main character; Sarah Maas, who was forced to go to camp by her parents. Sarah doesn’t like being outside at all and she hates camps with a burning passion. However, her brother Aaron Maas, likes being outdoors and loves going to camps. Aaron has so much fun being outdoors, it is sickening to Sarah. But even though she says that she likes ...more
Sara
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, read-in-2017
The Curse of Camp Cold Lake by R.L. Stine is about a twelve year old girl Sarah, whose parents make her go to a water sports camp against her wishes. They say she'll have fun. They say she'll like it. They were wrong. Sarah doesn't fit it and everyone is picking on her, while her younger brother, Aaron is fitting in just fine. Sarah plans to prank everybody so that they won't pick on her anymore and start being nice to her. But her plan goes wrong. She is then haunted with the consequences.

* *
Greg
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
This book lost a star because of the unnecessary and preposterous twist ending which unearthed about ten different plotholes all in one fell swoop. Aside from that, The Curse of Camp Cold Lake is one of the stronger books in the series, containing not just a legitimately spooky Upside Down-style drowning/afterlife sequence but also a ridiculous scene where a ghost girl drives a motorboat over a 12-year-old's head.
Hazel
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
three stars
Landon A
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The scariest and coldest book he's ever written.
Kimberly Diane
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The stories never get old. the twists at the end always get me, perfect last book to read for this series. <3
Hayden Gilbert
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Last one in is a rotten...ghost!"

Ah yes just what I needed. This book is so breezy and fun. One of the Goosebumps whose cover I admired but never actually read, I was genuinely engaged the whole way through. This is basically the bitchiest book I've read in a while with sooooo much stupid drama, you can't help but get invested.
Ethan
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book enjoyed every page
LUSHNOVELS
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of my old time favourites, As growing up reading goosebumps by far this one has to be my favourite. A lovely great twist at the end to finish off the book was spectacular. Will be reading more goosebumps books which I didn’t get to read as a child/teen.
Ray Li
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THE Curse of camp Cold Lake:by Change edition
My story is about a girl and she's friend went to a cold water lake. play and some goset appear and went scared them and one of them ask the girl to stay with him one of she's friends wants to save the girl.and the girl find out this boy kill a lot of people.At the end the soul went perish together.This book the author want to make a frightening image.
8 Johnson H.
I think this book has really good plots and twists, that what makes this a great book. If you like this book you would like R.L. Stine's books. At the end you think one thing is going to happen but then something else happens that you never thought would happen. In this book she thinks it's a normal camp but what she doesn't know is someone is watching her, this person wants her to be her partner forever.

Camp is suppose to be fun but Sarah hates camp cold lake, and her roommates are nothing but
Isabel Orama
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The book that I read today was mostly about a girl named Sarah. Sarah is a tall girl( taller than her best friends) and has a brother named Aaron. One day, their parents take them to a summer camp to spend the summer. They thought that it would be nice to let Sarah go to a water camp( a camp which consists water sports to be involved) because she never liked out door activities. Well, for Sarah summer camp was a TOTAL disaster. She wanted to make friends, but it just wouldn't work. At the ...more
Patty
Jul 15, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this because my eleven year old daughter has enjoyed the Goosebumps books for a few years. My nephew, who is now twenty-five, enjoyed the series when he was in elementary school. I was only vaguely aware of some people's objections to the books back in nineties. It's taken me a long time to get around to reading a Goosebumps book, but I found this book very enjoyable. The frightening elements kept ramping up but it was sprinkled with humor throughout the story, so there was a release of ...more
Mr
Feb 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Billie Pritchett
Aug 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: goosebumps
A gal goes off to camp, thinks she's being haunted. She is, but the ghost's plan isn't what she thinks. The Curse of Camp Cold Lake has been the worst of the camp Goosebumps books I've read by R.L. Stine.

The protagonist is unlikable and complains nonstop. The other gals at camp aren't being nice to her, but they're hardly being as rough with her as she claims they are. The fact that she engages in some awful pranks toward the other gals, almost causing death, doesn't help.

No need to read this
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Collector
  • More Tales to Chill Your Bones (Scary Stories #3)
  • Twilight of the Elves (The Adventurers Guild #2)

R. L. Stine

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)