Start by marking “Deep Trouble (Goosebumps, #19)” as Want to Read:
Deep Trouble (Goosebumps, #19)

Deep Trouble (Goosebumps #19)

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  6,023 Ratings  ·  230 Reviews
Don't go in the water! Billy and his sister Sheena are visiting their uncle Dr. Deep on a tiny Caribbean island. It's the perfect place to go exploring underwater... and Billy's ready for an adventure. There's only one rule to remember: stay away from the coral reefs. Still, the reefs are so beautiful. So peaceful. Billy can't resist. But he's not alone in the water. Somet ...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Scholastic (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Trouble, please sign up.

Carmen
Sep 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
Wow, this book was so exciting!

Billy Deep's uncle, Dr. Deep, is a marine biologist. Billy and his little sister Sheena spend every summer in the Caribbean with him on his boat while he does research. This summer the Zoo shows up promising one million dollars to Dr. Deep if he can find them the mermaid that the locals have been talking about for years now.

Billy has already seen a terrifying tentacle monster in the deep. But he has such an active imagination, no one believed him. Now can he prove
Sanchez.Bryan
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the book. Was white interesting from the beginning to the end. Also the best part was the end it left you on a cliff hanger.
Anna Kuhl
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short little chapters for kids with short, little attention spans. Plenty of action to keep them entertained. Cliffhanger ending though.
Manisha Malik
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
It was my first time to read goosebumps.The story revolves around an adventurous 12 years old boy William Deep Jr. a.k.a. Billy who along with his sister Sheena visited his Uncle Dr. D on his boat (Cassandra) to spend their summer vacations. How some mysterious creatures come across Billy during his stay at Ilandra Island give pace to the story. Now A Marina Zoo wants Dr. d to find a Mermaid in the waters of Ilandra which gave a motivation to young undersea explorer for his first discovery. Will ...more
David Santos
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goosebumps

They say not to judge a book by its cover, well like I have said before. Do not judge a book by its title either! This book did not interest me at all judging by the cover. I think Hammerhead sharks are one of the ugliest creatures to ever walk......I mean swim on the planet. However, the book was better than I had thought.
Billy a curious boy loves the water and looks for adventure, but everytime he jumps in the water something goes after him. (kids, they never seem
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
For a Goosebumps book, this was especially cute. Riddled with too many false scares where something grabs his leg in the water (this kid, geez), it still remained level enough in pacing and didn't overindulge in melodrama as much as some of the others. The twist of adding the possibility of mermaids was a good one. Stine even entered a little twist of a betrayal among their little group. For kids this is a fun adventure exploring different obstacles of the water, which is a mystery for any age.
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Ιδιαίτερα γοητευτικό και μυστηριώδες, με αρκετά ζωντανές περιγραφές και -περιέργως- με μια νότα ρομαντισμού, κάτι που δεν συνηθίζει να διακρίνει τα βιβλία της σειράς αυτής. Μπορεί σε επίπεδο τρόμου να μην πετυχαίνει πολλά, όμως αφηγείται μια ιστορία με νεύρο και δράση που διαβάζεται απνευστί.
Atharva Shah
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amazing! This book really stands out from the Goosebumps series and would be probably one of my favorite. There is nothing horror or paranormal about this but its too thrilling, adventurous, mysterious and very cool. The characters are new and exciting. I love both the brother and the sister and the caring, genuine and frank Dr.D (What a weird name).
I bet Stine must have done at least SOE research because I came along a lot of technical seafaring terms that I found interesting and I have highlig
Ashly Lynn
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children grade levels 4-8.
Recommended to Ashly by: Childhood
4.5 Stars

Now, the first thing you have to keep in mind if you’re reading this book as an adult is that it was written for children. I was able to do this going into the reread, and that state of mind helped me reconnect with my childhood, which was a super fun and very cool thing.

You can’t expect extravagant prose when diving (pun intended) into a story like this one: however, that’s not to say Stine’s prose in lacking in any way. He’s writing from a middle-grade perspective, so a middle-grade w
Juan
Jan 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
If you like adventures this is the book for you. This book is full of adventure. The setting of the story is on a caribbean island called "Ilandra." This story is about two kids, Billy and Sheena. Billy is twelve and Sheena is ten years old. Billy and Sheena went to the caribbean sea to go spend the summer with their uncle Dr. Deep. They're anchored off a little island called Ilandra and on a boat called the "Cassandra." Billy and Sheena's uncle Dr. Deep is a marine bioligist, he studies tropica ...more
Weathervane
Dec 17, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
Billy and Sheena are staying with their uncle "Dr. D." over the summer on his ship. So they end up like, looking for mermaids. Or something.

Billy manages to be continually stupid, all the way up until the end. Going out for a swim, by yourself, in the early morning, in the ocean, is not a good idea! But he never learns.

Sheena is the obligatory annoying little sister who pinches Billy underwater. Yawn.

This book is not about sea monsters. There is a shark (which Billy somehow manages to evade for
Natalia
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
En este libro en particular nos encontramos con todo un mundo de las profundidades: sencillos peces, tiburones, rayas, sirenas y hasta monstruos marinos. No da mucho miedo, aunque seguro que los niños se enganchan a la historia, se pegan algún que otro repullo con la de cosas que le pasan a Billy, el valiente protagonista, y se ríen con Sheena, su hermanita metomentodo.

Reseña: http://www.arte-literario.com/2015/01...
Marts  (Thinker)
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, horror
Out in the Caribbean Sea on a boat with your scientfically inclined uncle, his unusual assistant, and your know-it-all sister. You explore an island, a reef, a lagoon; you're circled by a shark, saved by a mermaid, attacked by a group of bad guys, and then you encounter a sea monster...

What better ocean adventure do you want, gooosebumps fans would definitely enjoy this one!
Abbyc
Dec 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
I finished the book today!!!!!!!!!! I liked it a lot more than the other goosebumps book i read. I was so surprised that they didn't drown when the kidnappers locked them into a fish tank and threw them into the ocean.
Jessica
Jul 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, we would get in fights in the library over who got to check the new one out next. No joke.
Poonam
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adventure, childrens
I was expecting horror\Thriller but this was more of an adventure and it was just OK read. No surprises no major twists and turns.
Nikki May
Apr 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
Hami
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Natalie
Nov 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Another great goosebumps Book I have loved this book since I was a kid recently started picking them up again and I never read this one when I was younger so decided to do it as a friend of mine wanted to do in the buddy read so thought why not
I will like to Billy I love the first chapter is imagination was great how he was attending to be a scuba-dive Billy overheard something he wasn't supposed to hear one of his uncles conversations they were talking about catching the mermaid so Billy's deci
J.N.
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan of R.L. Stine since I was in the fourth grade. I'm not sure that will ever change. Even though Goosebumps are below my reading level now, I still sometimes find them enjoyable. I read Deep Trouble because it was one that I never got to read. I think that even if I had read it when I was younger, I still would have had the same overall opinion of it.

I love underwater stories. That was another reason I decided to give this a try. It had a good start, but I felt Billy was an annoy
Alesha Wi
Oct 22, 2011 rated it liked it
1- A book about survival.
2- I decided to read this book because i had no other books to read at the time.
3- I liked how the book involved sharks :D it was pretty weird when he introduced himself as someone he wasn't but haha it was pleasent to read.
4- I didn't like how there wasnt as much details in the book as i thought there would be and how there was less charactors but too many for the sceen they placed it in if that makes sense?
5- i would recommend this book to people who love thrillers.
Книжни Криле
Вчера ви разказахме за най-популярната детска хорър поредица на всички времена, Goosebumps, и нейното голямо завръщане в родните книжарници! Книгите на Р. Л. Стайн отново са тук за да накарат младите читатели да настръхват... къде от удоволствие, къде от страх! Днес ще ви представим и втората книга от серията – „Морското чудовище”. Прочетете ревюто на "Книжни Криле":

Tressa Mackley
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: english-1
I thought that the book deep trouble was a little scary at parts but it had some cool, and amazing parts to. Deep trouble is about a boy and his sister who on there uncles boat for the summer. The boys uncle study's sharks in the ocean. The boy runs into some trouble while on the boat. The book has several exciting points in it. The book makes you want to keep reading, and find out what happens next. The book is exciting, thrilling, and suspenseful I recommend reading it.
T
Apr 04, 2011 rated it liked it
This is one of the books that i would spend hours and hours to read, but this is also the books that in some parts it doesn't really hook you in and make you tired of reading it. In some parts it really hooks you so i kept reading. The main character in this book is interesting because he likes everything that is underwater and he loves discovering creatures under water, but he hates the water. Over all this book is really good and i recommend it to the people that likes adventure.
Vikas
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you are reading this you are in "Deep Trouble" - its as joyful as chocolate man, the classical gossebumps - its story may not seem to be a good for an adult but still for a kid its pretty awesome - mermaids and see monsters amuse them well and William Deep encountered a mermaid, the act of espionage by their friend and the jeopardy followed by in rescue the mermaid - its fun to read, i didn't spoiled the goosebump - so go and read it fellas!!
-yours faithfully
Trent Searles
The book I read was Deep Trouble. This book is about a boy and his sister and uncle in the middle of the ocean and their uncle is a scientist. They get a call from a zoo and they say there is a mermaid near them and they will pay big for it.

My opinion on this book is that it started off a hole different way the book should be but then it starts to make sense and then book was really good.

I would recommend this book to people who like to swim and love to ocean and who believe in myths.
Matthew Zelayandia
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was nice. I liked it because it was about a boy who was with his uncle (a marine scientist) who got news that there was a mermaid in the sea. I recommend this book to people who want to read a story that believes in mythical creatures.
JJ
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
its okay
Alicia
Dec 20, 2008 rated it it was ok
I was bored in the library so I started reading this book. It was okay for a little kids book.
Fairytale likewise 3 11 Mar 16, 2014 10:24PM
  • The Sickness (Animorphs, #29)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)