Start by marking “Seriously...I'm Kidding” as Want to Read:
Seriously...I'm Kidding

Seriously...I'm Kidding

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  83,022 Ratings  ·  6,124 Reviews
Everyone loves Ellen! Television icon, actress and proud wife, Ellen is a star like none other. This comedienne is known for her talk show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, which is going strong in its eighth season.

Seriously… I’m Kidding is a look at Ellen’s life through her humour.

In her own words, Ellen says, “I've experienced a whole lot the last few years and I have a lot to
Published October 1st 2011 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Seriously...I'm Kidding, please sign up.

Ray Justus Seriously? Absolutely not! I cannot believe the other answers!
Marylou
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Lora
Note: This is a review of the audio edition.

I love Ellen Degeneres. Seriously, I'm not kidding. I know what you're thinking: you can't truly love someone whom you've never met and probably never will. But I truly love her in the way you love someone — or something — that you know with your whole heart is making the world a better place to live. And I am positive of this fact when it comes to this woman.
After a hard day, her humor and generosity and overall love for people and life are a balm on
Lisa
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
When I was a little girl, my grandfather once told me that when he spoke in front of a group, he often began with, "I know most people start their speeches with jokes, but I don't know any, so let's all think of our favorite joke and laugh." This book reminded me a lot of that joke.

While I don't watch Ellen's talk show, I do really like her and have read her other books. This one seems... gratuitous. One chapter is made up entirely of her making sounds. As in, mememememeeme. Or, bwabwabwa. A fe
Khadidja Megaache
Ellen DeGeneres is a beloved stand-up comedian, television host, bestselling author, and actress. She hosts the syndicated talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show, i enjoyed this book so much i love Ellen i watch her show she is so funny , one of my favourite chapters, “What Would Jesus Do?” All these polls do is make everyone so judgmental. And I don’t believe in judgment. Unless is judgment of judgment. I don’t think someone has to “wear something better” or have a better hairstyle. That’s why the ...more
Y. C.
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Have you seen tumblr? I don't mean the pretty pictures. I mean this:

You get the point. This is what Ellen's book is like. It is filled with the most random, sparse and off tangent thoughts I've ever had the opportunity to read.
Nat
“It always helps to think about other people instead of ourselves.”

I picked up this audiobook in hopes of it lifting up my spirits while I had a cold. And for the first two (out of three) hours it did its job. I laughed heartily while getting to forget for a minute that I was feeling awful. And two passages in particular really stayed with me.

One for being witty: “Do things that make you happy within the confines of the legal system.”

And the other for being relatable: “Leaning forward in your ch
Crystal Starr Light
You wanna read/listen to an amusing little time waster and you like Ellen DeGeneres' style of humor? This is your book. However, don't go into this expecting anything really substantial. Some chapters are a couple of words, maybe a sentence long. And while I adored some of the stories and was uplifted by the encouraging tone, that is where my biggest complaint is.

I listened to this in 3 hours. This is the absolute shortest audiobook I've ever listened to--and this goes for almost $30 retail. You
Kelli
Apr 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Seriously...I'm bored. And shocked. This audio is not well read by the author (how is that even possible?). There is little affect, there are no pauses, and it seemed like even she was racing to get to the end. The content was all over the place. I really like Ellen and I've always found her funny. I guess her humor doesn't translate well to books for me. Reading it for audio, it didn't seem like she found it funny, either. Sadly, 1 star.
Debbie "DJ"
Although I really like Ellen, I thought this book was pretty lame. Old material from past comedy shows, and random thoughts. I was hoping for just a little information on Ellen herself...no. Yes, it got a few laughs out of me, but seriously? Oh, she's kidding.
Jason Koivu
5 GLORIOUS STARS!!! is what I wanted to give Seriously...I'm Kidding when I first picked it up. The peace and kindness message is great, but this lacks the funny far too much for an autobio from a comedian.

I love Ellen DeGeneres. Wait, let me back up. I love the idea of Ellen DeGeneres. I really like her show. Her stand-up...meh. Unfortunately, this book is more like her stand-up. This very quick read (actually, I listened to her read it and it was only 3 cds) is filled with her silly titter-in
Tara
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite parts:
"It's so rare for people to actually set aside time to curl up with a book and read. By the way, I don't know you have to curl up to a book, but that's what people say. You can't just say you're going to read a book because then someone will ask, 'Well how are you going to read it? What position will you be in?'
'I'm gonna curl up.'
'Oh, good. So you're not gonna stand?'
'No, no. I'm gonna curl up.'
'Okay, good. Hey, you're not gonna lay on your side, are you?'
'No. I promis
  • Happy Accidents
  • If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't)
  • Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin
  • A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love, and Faith in Stages
  • Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain
  • This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection
  • Love, Ellen: A Mother/Daughter Journey
  • You're Not Doing It Right: Tales of Marriage, Sex, Death, and Other Humiliations
  • I'm the One That I Want
  • Man Up!: Tales of My Delusional Self-Confidence
  • Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me
  • It Gets Better: Coming Out, Overcoming Bullying, and Creating a Life Worth Living
  • My Inappropriate Life: Some Material Not Suitable for Small Children, Nuns, or Mature Adults
  • Stories I Only Tell My Friends
  • Like Me: Confessions of a Heartland Country Singer
  • All That Is Bitter and Sweet: A Memoir
  • Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist
Ellen Lee DeGeneres is an American stand-up comedian, actress, and currently the Emmy Award-winning host of the syndicated talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

She has hosted both the Academy Awards and the Primetime Emmys. As a film actress, she starred in Mr. Wrong, appeared in Edtv and The Love Letter, and provided the voice of "Dory" in the Pixar animated hit film Finding Nemo. She also starred
More about Ellen DeGeneres...
“Accept who you are. Unless you're a serial killer.” 7130 likes
“Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It's about knowing and accepting who you are.” 485 likes