Start by marking “Twelve Pillars” as Want to Read:
Twelve Pillars

Jim Rohn

Twelve Pillars

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  1,154 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
Who would have guessed that when Michael Jones' car broke down on the side of the road it would be the beginning of a life-changing relationship?

Walking to the nearest house, Michael stumbles across a plantation-style mansion on an estate named “Twelve Pillars.” Charlie, the estate's caretaker, helps Michael get back on the road again and also strikes up a relationship wit
Nook, 128 pages
Published August 26th 2011 by Success Media (first published September 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Twelve Pillars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twelve Pillars

Ashley
Very good book. I've decided to start taking notes when I read this type of book (otherwise I won't remember anything I learned from it). These are my notes:

“The only way things are going to change for you is when you change.”
1. Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.

“You should make sure that the outside of you is a good reflection of the inside of you.”
2. Total well being- body, soul, spirit/ in balance.

“Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relations
photogrl2020
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-growth
I chose to read this book next, honestly, because of it's brevity. I wanted to get a win under my belt early this year, since I've been dragging out how long it takes me to get through a book lately. The title caught my eye because I'd heard my parents mentioning it a while back. I was intrigued, but not super thrilled about the fact that it was written in "novel" form. I think personal growth books that are written as stories tend to be kind of cheesy. Not that they don't have good principles i ...more
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quotes I loved from the book

"We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons."

"You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight."

"Communication is two or more people working together to find the common ground of understanding. And when they find that common ground, they are positioned to have tremendous power together."

"To lead others is to help th
Brian
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
> Work harder on yourself than on your job
- Work as hard as you want, but if you don't work to increase your skill level, you won't go above your current pay/responsibility level

> Live a life of health
- Body (physical)
- Soul (personality, emotions, preferences, intellect)
- Spirit (the breath of life)

> The gift of relationships
- Relationships need time and effort to grow
- Use your imagination to improve your relationships

> Achieve your goals
- Write down your goals
- The real po
Jesse
Jan 26, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure: I was given this as a gift, and it was such an unexpected, gracious gesture that I was compelled to read it simply to let the person know I had in fact taken the time to read it. But, um, it's basically someone's self-help philosophy presented not in bullet points but in a(n almost insultingly thin) narrative form. I suppose this is good stuff and the its heart is certainly in the right place, but it's no deeper or complex than Oprah or Dr. Phil spoon-fed platitudes dished out f ...more
Relleasy Harrison
Jim Rohn is great. Darren Hardden speaks highly of him in the compound effect. i recently watched some videos of him on you tube and they were very motivating. I am not that good at remembering the Author of certain books. when i went through my book collection the other day, I said wow, Jim Rohn is the author of this book.. interesting. The book is amazing though, its a short story about an old man who gives a life lesson to this young man. check it out for yourself. my boy quarter told me abou ...more
Matthew
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and to the point wonderful story that encompasses all of Mr Jim Rohn's Teachings. Learn from the mentor of Tony Robbins, Darren Hardy and many others who have been influenced by him and his straight, to the point quotes about life.
Rebecca Thatcher
Very inspirational book. I'm going to read it a second time now and take notes! I can't wait to learn more from Jim Rohn so I'm going to research some other titles of his and possibly You tube videos!!:)
Brian Chojnacki
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying this is a very easy read and I found it to be one of the best books I have ever read in my life. I'm not big into fables or stories, but when it's connected with invaluable life lessons I find it certainly worth the time. This material will stick with me for the rest of my life and I believe it will for you as well.

Note: The ending is very emotional. (Won't give away what happens.)

Instead of giving you the story itself which is worth the read, I'll give you the life lesso
Adam
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-growth
The fundamentals for successful, prosper, and happy life. If one is not familiar with these fundamentals, then this book is a great start for a wonderful journey. The ones who are familiar, and even live by these rules, should read the book as a great reminder.

The wisdom is transfer via a wonderful and simple story. This book can be a great tool to teach our children these fundamentals. I strongly suggest for everyone with kids to have a copy of this book at home.
  • PAiLS
  • Voyage of a Viking: How a Man of Action Can Become a Man of Grace
  • Resolved: 13 Resolutions for LIFE
  • Aspire: Discovering Your Purpose Through the Power of Words
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • Freedom Shift: 3 Choices to Reclaim America's Destiny
  • Toughen Up!
  • The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life
  • The Serving Leader: Five Powerful Actions That Will Transform Your Team, Your Business, and Your Community
  • The Ultimate Life
  • An Enemy Called Average
  • The Angel Inside: Michelangelo's Secrets For Following Your Passion and Finding the Work You Love
  • 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class: The Thought Processes, Habits and Philosophies of the Great Ones
  • The Compassionate Samurai: Being Extraordinary in an Ordinary World
  • Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life
  • Outstanding!: 47 Ways to Make Your Organization Exceptional
  • Leadership Gold: Lessons I've Learned from a Lifetime of Leading
  • Seeds of Greatness: The Ten Best-Kept Secrets of Total Success
Emanuel James "Jim" Rohn was an American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker. His rags to riches story played a large part in his work, which influenced others in the personal development industry.

Rohn was the recipient of the 1985 National Speakers Association CPAE Award for excellence in speaking.
More about Jim Rohn...

“The best motivation is self-motivation. the guy says, "I wish someone would come by and turn me on." What if they don't show up? You've got to have a better plan for your life.” 2 likes
“One of the best things you can do is to write down one hundred things you want to accomplish before you die.” 1 likes