Start by marking “Honor Redeemed (First Responders #2)” as Want to Read:
Honor Redeemed (First Responders #2)

Honor Redeemed (First Responders #2)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  279 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Highly skilled Search and Rescue (SAR) team leader, Honor Mackenzie, works almost as hard at guarding the dark secrets of her past as she does when training SAR dogs. As for widowed Sun reporter Matt Phillips, not even his former SAR work is as important as protecting his ten-year-old twin boys.

When a jumbo jet crashes
outside Baltimore one cold night, their respective
Published February 1st 2012 by Abingdon Press

To ask other readers questions about Honor Redeemed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor Redeemed

Iola
Jan 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who enjoyed From Ashes to Honor
This is the second book in the First Responders series, following From Ashes to Honor: Book #1 in the First Responders series. If you liked the first book, I'm sure you will like this one, as it has the same excellent writing, and elements of the sub-plot carry on fron the first book. But if you are one of the readers (like me) who found that From Ashes to Honor ended too abruptly without sufficient resolution of the plot, then I imagine that you won't like this sequel either.

Honor Redeemed foll
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Honor Mackenzie has dedicated her life to honoring the sacrifice of her finacee John who died in the search and rescue efforts of 9/11 as a volunteer. Now Honor has taken up a similar task as a SARs trainer. Since she is the best, she is the one that is most likely to be called upon whenever someone goes missing. Today she is at the scene of a jumbo jet accident that has crash landed on a busy highway with subsequent debris falling miles away. Now searching in the national park, she comes across ...more
Janet Marie Dowell
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is non-stop excitement..................Honor Mackenzie, a first responder/EMT worker, deals with other people's tragedy and problems every day, but has a hard time dealing with her own. Honor has a past that haunts her and she builds walls around her heart to keep people from finding out about her past. She doesn't trust anyone, especially reporters. Matt Phillips, a news reporter, comes to the accident scene where a plane crashes and Honor is there with her rescue crew. She is not on ...more
Melanie
Jan 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Honor Redeemed is the second book in Loree Lough's "First Responders" series. I have the first book From Ashes to Honor on my Kindle, but I haven't read it yet. I didn't think any of the same characters would be in Honor Redeemed, but there were. Still Honor Redeemed was enjoyable on its own.

I loved the characters - Matt, Honor, Austin, and Matt's sons - it was so easy to care about them and what would happen in their lives.

I found the story interesting and I seriously laughed a few times with
Anne Campbell
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book Two in the First Responders Series, Honor Redeemed by Loree Lough, takes up from where Ashes to Honor left off, resolving the dilemma with Austin and Faith at the end of Ashes to Honor.
This one is a story about woman named Honor who lost her fiance to rescue operations after the towers collapsed. and hasn't been able to dig herself out of that constant soul-eating grief. Until Matt.
Matt is an investigative reporter, her worst favorite type of person. He has a set of mischievous and delight
Audrey Grant
Jun 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
Good writing, but I hate walking away from an unfinished book! There is such a huge build up to the point where they both reach the point of knowing they love the other and then without talking, they just walk away...It left me feeling like he felt she wasn't good enough to be around his kids because of what she had lived through. (That part made me mad.) Either he loves her or he doesn't. Fight for her or don't. Help her or don't. I felt like it was too wishy washy as far as the relationship we ...more
Holly
Jun 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story overall, I gave it three stars because of the ending... don't want to ruin it for others, it just wasn't what I expected... not sure I liked it...
Terri
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loree-lough
she done it again. Love the story of great hero in the story
Kathleen
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a story of two people who have known heartache in their lives, who meet during a SAR for a jumbo jet that crashed in Baltimore. Honor Mackenzie, is an SAR team leader, she trains search dogs and teaches their handlers how to perform in SAR missions. Honor's heartache was due to the death of her fiance, a fireman, who had volunteered to do SAR in NYC after the 9/11 event, only to become one of the many victims. In honor of his memory, Honor decided to become a firefighter, but her career ...more
Christy
Oct 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Linda
Feb 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the second installment in Loree Lough's FIRST RESPONDERS series from Abingdon Press. I read and reviewed the first book, FROM ASHES TO HONOR, loving the story of Austin and Mercy, which didn't really end with the first book, becoming ancillary in the second, subordinate to the story of Matt and Honor, another pair of fractured, brokenhearted souls who just cannot seem to figure out they are better together than they are apart.

Once again, Lough has woven a story that ensnared me from page
LORI CASWELL
Feb 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
I feel the book synopsis on the back of the book and web sites tells you the whole story. I like a synopsis to tempt me and make me anxious to read the book, so here is the synopsis I would have written.

Honor Mackenzie trains search and rescue dogs and participates in several Search and Rescue missions. Honor meets Matt, a journalist at the site of a plane crash. After that their lives change, making them face their pasts and think about their futures. Can they have a life together?

Dollycas’s Th
Brenda
Feb 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Honor Mackenzie started working in search and rescue after her fiance, who was a firefighter was killed in the days after 9/11.She also worked as a firefighter, but nasty rumors spread and when a reporter got hold of the story her reputation was ruined causing her to quit the fire department.Now her day job is working in the billing dept for the local hospital, and she volunteers for SAR with her two Golden's Rowdy and Rerun. She also trains SAR dogs and their owners. When she meets Matt Phillip ...more
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
This is a condensed version of my review. To see my review in its entirety, please click here.

My overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off I'd like to thank the publisher and netgalley for giving me a chance to read this book.

I didn't read the first in the series before reading this one. While that would probably be the best way to read this novel, you can jump into this one and enjoy it without feeling lost.

I don't know where to begin with this one. I loved the novel, I loved the writing style,
Katie
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
First posted on my blog, Legacy of a Writer.

Loree Lough has written over 70 books…but Honor Redeemed is the first one I’ve read by her. And I really enjoyed it! Honor’s job of being part of a Search and Rescue team, and her and Matt’s relationship to other First Responders, really intrigued me. What a sacrifice these people give—just to ensure that people in need have help as fast as humanly possible. Wow!

Out of the two main characters—Honor and Matt—I liked Matt the best. His witty comments and
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
Feb 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: medical-drama
Honor Redeemed is Book 2 in Loree Lough’s First Responder series. The first book (From Ashes to Honor) ended rather abruptly - and with NO happy ending for the hero and heroine.

So imagine my surprise when, not a dozen pages into THIS book, those characters show up - happily engaged! So, what’s the story there?! Yeah, THAT would have been the story romance readers wanted.

So romance readers, beware … no happy ending in this book, either. I just could NOT get into the female character. She was her
Rhonda
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Honor Redeemed by Loree Lough
4 STARS
I liked the story but not the ending. This is the second book of three book series. I have not read the first. But I do want to read more of the third book. I know Honor is in that one and might tell me what I want.
I liked the characters the humans and the dogs so much that I admit to crying in this book a few times.
Honor is a SAR and her dog Rowdy is very good at finding the missing. Something happened that causes a bunch of rumors and gossip about Honor. Do
Judy
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the series is called From Ashes to Honor, if you enjoy series books you may want to read it first as they hint towards things that happened in it.

Matt is a reporter and Honor is a SAR who also trains search dogs and teaches their handlers. The press had done Honor wrong so she immediately becomes defensive around Matt. But he breaks through her hard shell and soon she enjoys being around Matt and his twin boys. They both struggle with believing they can make it though. Matt is
Glenajo
Feb 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, christian
Honor Mackenzie became a firefighter to honor her fiancé’s memory after he died in 9/11. She was working hard to succeed in the fire department, when an investigative reporter published stories of Honor sleeping her way to the top. Honor resigned to stay out of the limelight, training and working with rescue dogs.
When reporter Matt Phillips meets Honor at the scene of a jet crash, they begin a rocky relationship due to the stories and Matt’s desire to protect his twin boys. Matt uses his invest
Rebekah Gyger
May 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Ahhhhh! The ending of the books in this series break my heart. I am going to need time to recover...

What upsets me about this book is that there was little plot. Most everything that happened was only conversation. I understand that this book was more about working through the mental and emotional issues of being a first responder, but I wish there had been more responding. If there had been, I definitely would have rated it higher.

Lough has this way of making her characters real, like I could s
Hilary
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
I may just have been in a critical mood when I read this, but it was disappointing and not as good as the first one. In part this was the cheesy title and naming conventions (Honor, Mercy, Faith) but also because the strength of the first book (view spoiler) was totally negated and just skipped right over, with no real explanation of how. In other words, book 1 became an unimportant plot point.

I felt that the ma
Lillie
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book (#2 in the series) and #1 were free. I didn't like the abrupt ending in the first book and hoped there would be resolution of the protagonists' unresolved conflict in this one. Unfortunately, in this book the hero and heroine from the first book were happily married with a baby on the way but it wasn't clear how they overcame the issues that were keeping them apart. Although the ending for this book had no resolution, it wasn't quite as abrupt as Book #1. I won't read any more books in ...more
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book hit on so many good points. Where we need to learn to forgive each other and how hanging onto the past does nothing but hold us prisoner and prevents us from living a life God wants for us. Honor Mackenzie SAR team leader learns the hard way about hanging onto her past and might lose the best thing to ever happen to her. Matt Philips whose a widower and has twin boys that he'll protect at all cost. Matt currently works for the newspaper and was at one time on the Search and R ...more
Stephanie
May 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult-fiction
I'm prefacing this review with the fact this is book 2 in a series, and I have never read book 1 or 3.

The story itself is interesting overall. Honor Mackenzie is a first responder, and Lough does a good job showing how their career choices dictate their lives and the lives of others.

That said, I was rather underwhelmed by the story. It was an easy read that I downloaded for free from the Kindle store. I definitely wouldn't pay for it. The book left me with more questions than answers, and I ha
Jeanne
Mar 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Parts of this book were very exciting and a pleasure to read. Other parts were slow, and made one ask "Why did they do that?" Honor McKenzie has been through a lot in life, and when she meets Matt, she knows that he is special. Matt Phillips knows that Honor is the first woman who can compete with his dead wife. Both Honor and Matt are active in Search & Rescue.

I would have given this book 4 stars if it had a better ending. I suspect that the story will be completed in the third book of the
Grace
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
The second book in the First Responder Series, it picks up right where Ashes to Honor left off.

Honor a search and rescue worker lost her husband to a rescue operation when the twin towers collapsed.

Matt and investigative reporter lost his brother to the towers also. His wife died when giving birth to his twins who he loves more than anyone other than God himself.

When Honor and Matt meet and fall in love does he love her enough to risk his twins being left again?

A great novel about the power of
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Apr 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommended to Dee Renee by: free from BN.com
Shelves: ebooks, 2012
Jeanie Jackson
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The people were so real! Strong story line, good people but not perfect. I would have liked this book tied up at the end; I don't mind paying for the third book in the series, I would have anyway, but I can't to wait to see how the story works out. While the book is not a 'twist and turn" kind of story, it not too predictable either. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Will read others of Lori Lough now.
Candi
May 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book was a bit of a disappointment after the first one in the series. Some of the characters from the first book have been carried through to this one, but it just seemed to be lacking. The main characters have emotional baggage they are each dealing with, which they struggle with through the course of the book. While there are some lessons that can be learned....the ending was very abrupt (almost like a few chapters had been tipped out) and it leaves the reader with no real resolution.
Shirley
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Her Restless Heart (Stitches In Time Series #1)
  • Griselda Takes Flight (Bright's Pond #3)
  • Love's Rescue (The Sierra Chronicles #1)
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • Diagnosis Death (Prescription for Trouble, #3)
  • Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers #1)
  • The Voyage of Promise (Grace in Africa, #2)
  • Forever Blessed
  • Goodness Gracious Green (Green #2)
  • False Pretenses (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #1)
  • Liberty Belle
  • Highland Sanctuary (Highlands #2)
  • Before the Scarlet Dawn (Daughters of the Potomac, #1)
  • A Texan's Honor (Heart of a Hero, #2)
  • Desert Gift (Side Roads #2)
  • A Path Less Traveled (Miller's Creek #2)
  • Long Time Coming
  • Through the Fire
20519
With 115 books (nearly 7,000,000 copies in circulation!), best-selling author Loree Lough's writing style has been compared to Nicholas Sparks and Mary Jo Putney; readers and reviewers call her “a gifted writer whose stories touch hearts and change lives.”

With a long list of industry awards, it isn't likely this prolific author will ever retire...not even to her cozy li'l cabin in the Allegheny Mo
More about Loree Lough...

First Responders (3 books)
  • From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1)
  • A Man of Honor (First Responders #3)