Start by marking “Can't Help Falling in Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #3; The Sullivans, #3)” as Want to Read:
Can't Help Falling in Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #3; The Sullivans, #3)

Read eBook

Can't Help Falling in Love

(The Sullivans #3)

Get ready for another Sullivan bad boy to fall in love in the third book of Bella Andre's bestselling contemporary romance series!

Gabe Sullivan risks his life every day as a firefighter in San Francisco. But after learning a brutal lesson about professional boundaries, he knows better than to risk his heart to his fire victims ever again. Especially the brave mother and da
Nook, 200 pages
Published December 2011 by Bella Andre, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Can't Help Falling in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't Help Falling in Love

Start your review of Can't Help Falling in Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #3; The Sullivans, #3)
Kristen
3 1/2 Stars

description

Overall, I enjoyed this book. I wish I could say I loved it but the heroine, Megan, made that difficult for me. She fought her feelings for Gabe, the hero, almost the entire story, which may not have been so frustrating if there had been a bit more depth to the plot (these books are quick and simple reads, after all). As for the plot, it felt like whole storyline was the hero chasing the heroine and the heroine running from the hero.

For me, the book's saving grace came in the form o
Duchess Nicole
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Jill Shalvis, Nora Roberts, family series
This is freely readable here on Goodreads, and so are books one and two!!!!!!!!! Three FREE reads...awesome, Ms. Andre!!!

Somehow, I loved this book even though it is EXTREMELY formulaic for the Contemporary Romance genre. Maybe I just happen to love the formula...yes, I think that's it!

Gabe saves Megan and her seven year old daughter Summer from a fire in their apartment building.

Problem: Gabe won't date women who see him for his firefighting hotness, due to a cray cray ex girlfriend fixat
Wendy
Wow, this is fabulous!

These Sullivan brothers are just amazing. They're all so thoughtful, protective and just so damn gorgeous, you can't help but be mesmerized by them. This is Gabe Sullivan's story the sexy, hunky, extremely adorable, sweet, irresistable, thoughtful, caring firefighter! *sigh* After saving the life of Megan and her daughter Summer in an apartment fire, he finds it hard not to cross the boundary he has set, not to fall for his rescue victims. The attraction he feels for her ju
Syndi
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Here is what I feel when I read Bella Andre's book. Sitting on the beach/ rooftop/ favorite reading chair and just stared at the view. Everything is peaceful. No phone ringing, no social media. No internet. Just me and the view. Listening to the air breezes through, day dreaming about a very very perfect moment.

Like there is this handsome, alpha male, rich, sexy and suddenly just available for me. Having that insta lust/ insta love without knowing why or how. That kind of world where no trouble
Jen
Another wonderful book in the series about the Sullivan Family. This story is about Gabe, the fire fighter in the family of 8 siblings. He ends up saving Megan and her seven year old daughter from a dangerous fire that has broken out in their apartment building. Once again, A Sullivan falls hard and fast for a woman, and Gabe is so impressed with the courage Megan shows while they were fighting for their lives to get out of the scorching hot flames. Both Megan and Gabe feel a strong attraction t ...more
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
Wow!! These Sullivan brothers really have a womanizing charm! I totally love their endearments. "You're Beautiful" is one that makes my heart flutter. Yeah it may sound cheesy but it's totally different coming from their flaming mouths. Hawt!

Oh! Gabe and Megan are just fooling themselves. Hmmm... Just Friends? NOT likely. Their magnetic pull to one another is unbelievably irresistible.

Megan being a single mother after losing her husband due to a tragic accident while he was on job, swore she
Andrea
DNF after 50%

Firefighter who won't let himself fall for another woman he rescued from a burning building because the one time he tried things did not end well meets woman who won't let herself fall for another man with a dangerous job because he could die at any moment, just like her husband did. Not my cuppa. Also, there was this:

She had on no makeup, no jewelry, and yet where other women would have been plain, Sophie was undeniably beautiful.

Uhm. Is she saying women with no makeup are plain? S
Sharon Mariampillai
March 2019 Review:

This was a fantastic read. This is my fourth time reading this book. I still love it. The story and the characters are incredible. The Sullivan guys really know how to love and respect the women that they fall in love with, which in turn makes me love them more. Gave is no exception. He is a firefighter, but he is family-oriented and compassionate. He is a sweet guy who cares for people especially Megan and her daughter Summer after saving them from a fire. Megan is widow and i
Joy (joyous reads)
Dec 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
The third book to the Sullivans series is the story about a couple of people who are afraid to take chances. While Gabe, a firefighter, dealt with the dangers of his job on a regular basis, Megan spends her life afraid to take any risks: safe job, safe boyfriends. Ever since her husband died while serving as an air force pilot, she's taken painstaking means to protect her daughter and her heart from ever going through that fear and pain again.

Gabe on the other hand will never risk getting involv
Jamie

“Say it again, Gabe. Please.” His hands moved from hers to her face , so strong and gentle, his thumbs caressing her cheeks. “I love you.” His mouth moved to hers, and he emphasized his declaration with a kiss that said the exact same thing.

I am totally loving the Sullivan clan! Bella Andre knows how to write the perfect blend of sweet and super sexy.. I loved Gabe and Megan together and her little girl Summer was just icing on the cake. One thing I really have loved about this series so far
Lu Bielefeld
Nov 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Good one!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance fans
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: review request by author
Posted on Under the Covers

Megan Harris and her daughter, Summer are caught in an apartment fire and seek safety in a bathtub as fire, smoke and debris surround them. Huddled together, Megan covering her child with her body is how Gabe, the firefighter of the Sullivan family finds them.

But despite the obvious reasons to be scared and distraught, he sees these two fire victims and immediately admires Megan’s strength and courage in such a situation. Putting her daughter’s needs before hers, Megan
YA Reads Book Reviews
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nichole
Originally posted on www.yareads.com, reviewed by Nichole.

I’m only three books into this series, but this one was a huge miss for me. It’s sad, really, since I really enjoyed book 2. This one, though, just really missed the mark.

My biggest complaint about this book was that I just did NOT like Megan at all. I thought she whined all the time and was just boring as all else. She kept going on and on and on and ON about how she couldn’t be with Gabe, but then she jumped right back into his arms the
Anne OK
Oct 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
The best of the series so far! Full review to follow (Christmas is almost here and I don't have enough hours in the day to complete all I need to do!!)
Katina
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I
This series gets better and better with each Sullivan sibling. Gabe was a total hottie and I loved his character. Bella Andre is quickly becoming one of my faves.
Sunshine
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sunshine by: Katherine
This month I am reading a lot about firefighters. I loved Gabe and how he loved Megan. However, Summer was the star of this romance.
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
An apartment fire almost cost the lives of single mom Megan and her daughter Summer, if not for the courage and sheer focus of Gabe Sullivan, firefighter extraordinaire. But Gabe didn't want to credit everything to his job, because he had seen firsthand how Megan braved the fire and made sure her daughter could make it out alive. Both of them were heroes in their own rights, and that's what made them more appealing to me.

Gabe had his Firefighter Dating rule - never date fire victims, especially
Jess
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

There are a few plot set ups that make my “AWWWWWE” reaction go through the roof; one of them being heroes and little kids. Enter Gabe, the Sullivan firefighter who rescues Megan and her young daughter Summer from their third story apartment in a fire that was out of control. They make it out alive with a few injuries that land Gabe in the hospital. Megan and Summer go to the hospital to check on Gabe and thank him for risking his life for them and Gabe i
Book Binge
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Gabe Sullivan is a firefighter who loves women. He’s not a complete player but he’s not afraid to go for a woman if he’s attracted to her. He does have a rule though: no dating women he’s rescued in fires. He went that route one before and it did not turn out well.

Megan Harris is a widow and single mother whose husband was a navy fighter pilot. She’s dated since her husband’s death five years earlier but the men were always had “safe” jobs – 9-5 desk jobs. Megan’s husband was a thrill seeker and
Cocktails and Books
Megan Harris is a woman who avoid risks. Since her first husband died in a plane crash, leaving her to raise their toddler daughter, she does what she can to ensure she and her daughter won't have to deal with that type of heartache again. Unfortunately, she can't control everything and she and her daughter are caught in a horrible apartment fire hiding in the bathtub.

Enter Gabe Sullivan, firefighter extraordinaire.

Gabe has always had a fascination with fire, so firefighting is the perfect fit
Paige
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
CAN’T HELP FALLING IN LOVE was another great addition to the Sullivans! This is a great family series that is near perfect.

Fears are met and overcome in Gabe’s story as he falls in love with Megan Harris and her seven year old daughter, Summer. After a previous relationship he had with a woman he rescued went south, he’s been determined not to go down that alley again.

For Megan, falling for a guy who risks his life everyday isn’t in the cards after losing her husband and Summer’s father in a N
Tanya
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I seriously keep thinking the brothers in this series cannot keep getting any hotter than the previous, however Gabe the fireman has proved me wrong with more than his flame tackling ways!

Gabe saves Megan and her daughter Summer in a fire. Gabe is an ultimate player who has been burned badly in the past by getting involved with a burns victim so decides despite the instant attraction to Megan that all they have have is a friends relationship.

Megan's husband was a navy pilot who was killed 5 year
Michelle the Romance Witch
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Gabe’s story is a wonderful new installment to the Sullivan family saga. Megan and her daughter fit right in with the Sullivan’s and Gabe’s love brings them all together. There is definitely undeniable heat between Gabe and Megan, often leaving you singed from their passion. I loved reading the emotional and heated meeting between them, but even more I loved seeing how the love they developed slowly brought them both out of living in their pasts and gave them a chance for the future they deserve ...more
Lynsey
Oct 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-contemp
Listened to on audio. Narrated by Eva Kaminsky.

I liked this but I must admit that I struggled to stay interested and I had to rewind the audio several times because my mind had wandered off on to other things. I not sure why this one didn't keep my attention, but I was a little bored. Maybe it was less exciting than the last book or perhaps the characters were less compelling...I don't know for sure.

Still enjoyable though.
Dirty Dayna
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo 2015challenge_zpsb7a9d98a.png

5 say it again stars

This series is just everything a woman wants in a series and this book is no exception

More review to come
Sonnie Jo
Nov 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Finished it in one day. I could not put it down. I have loved all of this series and CAN'T wait until the new one comes out in early 2012!!!!
Steph
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bella-andre
Why didnt anyone mention this series before :)
MyMoonlightBird
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
* You do not need to read the previous books, but it will make the story more comprehensible if you do.
** Book read in Dutch.

Megan Harris and her daughter Summer are saved from a vicous housefire by fireman Gabe Sullivan. But Megan lost her husband 5 years ago due to a reckless accident and she is not ready or willing to embrace the instant attraction between her and Gabe. But they keep meeting and when their spark turns into flames, neither of them are able to deny true love.

Pro's:
+ This might
Christine (KizzieReads)
I finished this a few days ago, but haven't been able to update. I enjoyed seeing Gabe's love story. He fought to not fall in love with Megan because of a previous victim of a house fire that he had dated, and she didn't want to fall in love with an adrenaline junkie like her late husband. It was cute. The only thing I had an issue with was the daughter. She is baking and talking like she is much older than 7! Yes, some kids do cook at that age, I did. But it was just the way it was presented. I ...more
Marisela M. Chavez
Gabe and Megan story was absolutely incredible. The way they both worked through their fear was great to see. The love Gabe shows for both Summer and Megan was so great to see. And I can forget about the Sullivan clan altogether. It’s great see how much love they show one another. This book was absolutely incredible and can’t wait to go back to this family.
Ask Bella Andre -...: Discussion thread for "Can't Help Falling In Love" 12 20 Jan 17, 2013 02:52PM

• The Best Is Yet To Come (Summer Lake, #1)
  • Can't Take My Eyes Off of You (Summer Lake, #2)
  • The Summer Wedding (Married in Malibu, #2)
  • The Barefoot Wedding (Married in Malibu, #3)
  • Flirting with Love (The Bradens at Trusty #4; The Bradens #10; Love in Bloom #19)
  • The Wedding Dance (Four Weddings and a Fiasco, #2)
  • Love Everlasting
  • A Heart Not Easily Broken (The Butterfly Memoirs, #1)
  • Be My Love (A Walker Island Romance, #1)
  • Ponderosa Resort Volume 2: The Novellas (Ponderosa Resort Boxed Sets)
  • Taken (Deception Series, #1)
  • Dreaming of Love (The Bradens at Trusty #5; The Bradens #11; Love in Bloom #20)
  • Nearly Wild (Main Street Merchants, #3)
  • The Moonlight Wedding (Married in Malibu, #4)
  • The Wedding Gift (Four Weddings and a Fiasco, #1)
  • The Wedding Song (Four Weddings and a Fiasco, #3)
  • Almost Summer (Fool's Gold, #6.2)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Canadays of Montana #1; Big Marietta Fair #5)
Bella Andre is the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of “The Sullivans” and “The Morrisons” series.

Having sold more than 9 million books, Bella Andre’s novels have been #1 bestsellers around the world and have appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists 84 times. She has been the #1 Ranked Author at Amazon (on a top 10 list that included Nora Robe

The Sullivans (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #1)
  • From This Moment On (San Francisco Sullivans, #2; The Sullivans, #2)
  • I Only Have Eyes for You (San Francisco Sullivans, #4; The Sullivans, #4)
  • If You Were Mine (San Francisco Sullivans, #5; The Sullivans, #5)
  • Let Me Be the One (San Francisco Sullivans, #6; The Sullivans, #6)
  • Come A Little Bit Closer (San Francisco Sullivans, #7; The Sullivans, #7)
  • Always on My Mind (San Francisco Sullivans, #8; The Sullivans, #8)
  • Kissing Under the Mistletoe (San Francisco Sullivans, #9; The Sullivans, #9)
  • The Way You Look Tonight (Seattle Sullivans, #2; The Sullivans, #10)
  • It Must Be Your Love (Seattle Sullivans #3; The Sullivans #11)