Start by marking “Shadow of the Mark (Carrier, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow of the Mark (Carrier, #2)

Shadow of the Mark

(Carrier #2)

Their love could destroy them all.

Through the ages, Marked Ones have harnessed the powers of the four elements: Water, Fire, Earth, and Air. Much about the elements is shrouded in mystery, but one thing is certain: A relationship between two Marked Ones has the potential to cause widespread devastation.

Megan and Adam—Air and Water—are determined to defy the risks.

But the p
Paperback, 1st Edition, 308 pages
Published July 9th 2013 by HarperTeen

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,575 books — 11,050 voters
Unravel Me by Tahereh MafiThrough the Ever Night by Veronica RossiScarlet by Marissa MeyerProdigy by Marie LuEverbound by Brodi Ashton
2013 YA/MG Sequels
110 books — 810 voters

More lists with this book...

Blythe
Oct 23, 2012 marked it as will-not-read
You can tell they put a lot of effort into this cover. I mean, just look at how different it is from the first cover! They changed her dress' train, changed the sky and even tilted the model's body! *phew* I don't know how you cover designers do it. Really.

[image error]
hayden
Sep 11, 2011 marked it as to-read
Wow, you guys... I am in awe of this cover's originality and creativity.

I also love how distinct it is from the first one. They are so different from each other, it was difficult for me to realize this is part of the same series.

☣Lynn☣
Jan 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
Let me guess....new moon right
Rhea
May 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: joke, never-ever-read

Book 3 cover is out!

I should be a cover artist
Beatrice Blakeney
Thy creativity knows no bounds, cover designers.
manda
Oct 26, 2012 marked it as how-about-no
Oooh, I know! In the third book cover, she'll be upside-down!
Laurel
Oct 23, 2012 marked it as never-will-i-ever
Wow. That cover.
Such differentiation. The purple and poofs, I would've never have thought that it was the same stock image simply flipped and color replaced.
Outstanding.
Perfection.
Incredible.
I want your genius, cover designer.
Wendy Higgins
I critiqued Leigh's first draft and I can't wait to read the final book!!! Very seldom to I love a sequel more than the original, but now and then it happens, and this is one of those times. :)
vee
Aug 26, 2012 marked it as hell-fucking-no
Goshdamn. I have to read New Moon again this sequel to Carrier of the Mark so I know what shitty, ridiculously enjoyable incidents occur with Bella and Edward Megan and Adam.
Shii
Oct 31, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own
Holy cow flying above!!!!!!!!!! THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!! Happy dance happy dance happy dance :):):):):):) I CANNOT WAIT TO READ IT!!! The first 1 was SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh seriously on a high now! Gatta go dance a bit now!!!!!!!!!
Scarlet
Jan 05, 2012 marked it as to-read
WoW! How original is this cover!
Cant wait to read New Moon Shadow Of The Mark...
Chelsea
Well gee would you look at that cover? I bet a lot of hard work was put into that. I mean...they had to change the color of her dress.
Whew, that can make you break a sweat!

Ok, where do I even begin?

So I remembered I enjoyed the series and got this book.

Number one problem? I forgot that I didn't enjoy the first book. As soon as I began reading about Megan there was a light bulb. I remembered that this was a copycat Twilight book.

Well I had checked it out for two weeks, so might as well use it, r
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Quick review:

Cover: Pretty
Rating: PG-13
Thumbs Up: 3.5
Overall: The last sentence killed the book for me
Characters: Good
Plot: Rushing into trouble without thinking
Page Turner: Sure
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Not Sure Yet
Book Boyfriend: Adam

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
The book was far too predictable for my liking without the fast pace excitement to go with it. I guess I’m a little tire of the Romeo/Juliet set up. Still, it was interesting enough that I will continue on. I hope for a little mo
Kara
Uh, yeah, I don't really have the words to describe this one. My thought are pretty much the same as the first novel in the series. Disappointing, to say the least.
Valerie
Sep 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads

5 stars - Loving this one just as much as book one!

Some of my favorite paranormal books are elemental magic books. There's a reason for that. The idea of the 4 elements has so many wonderful possibilities that I can resist all the stories. I love the Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer and The Protector series by M.R. Merrick and this series. All are fabulous stories based on the elements and all three of them are so very different. That's what I love about elemental magic.

I will admit that this
Angela
Mar 17, 2012 marked it as to-read
This series had a beautiful start! I can not wait to see what the future holds for this group of characters. Here to hoping it will get released earlier.
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, blog-tours, 4-stars
Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

I feel like I've been waiting forever to read this book; in fact, I had to read my review as a refresher because details were a little blurry. Problems with reading 100+ books a year - never a bad problem to have. But one thing I can truthfully say is its worth the wait. It starts off right where Carrier of the Mark ends and the adventure just gets bigger.

Megan is adjusting nicely to her new powers for she is the carrier of the the air element and we
Jess
It was overall a very frustrating book. The love triangle was IMO very awkward. She loves one brother, but lusts all over the other brother and gets jealous when he's with his girlfriend, yet the first brother is hurt and still loves her, while the second brother is also lusting after her while he's with his girlfriend. It is not right...
And don't even get me started on Megan; she was...
- naive
The extent to
Tati
Jun 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
This was a really frustrating read. Megan, the heroine, was so inconsistent in her decisions that it was distracting. She would say "No, I don't think we should go". Then Adam says, "But we have to go." And Megan: "You're right, let's go." There wasn't even a real argument, she changed her mind like this. And the plot was eerily similar to that of the Starcrossed series. I caught myself merging the two stories in my head several times. Another issue that I had was that, since the first book was ...more
Marie
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Usually the second book in a series can either be really good and keep you interested in reading the next book or it can be horrible and ruin the first book for you. I'm glad to say that this book is in the former category and that I actually liked this book better than the first. I love the characters in this series and I can't wait to read the next book!
Joy (Otherworldly Romance)
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
I read the first book in this series because I was in Inkpop then, and I wanted to show some solidarity with a fellow Inkie, the first among us who got published because of the site. I found that I liked the story, but had gripes with the familiarity of the plot and the development of the main characters. Nevertheless, I wanted to read the second book. I wanted to know where the story would go.

So, I'd just read Shadow of the Mark and I have to say that though I like where everything is going, I
Kimberly
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 75-books-in-2017
Totally fell short of coming anywhere close to being as good as the first book. I hated how it ended. Bland, dry and confusing.
Amber
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-need, 2013-read
Who isn’t waiting on bated breath for this book? I ripped through it in about 4.5 hours giving my husband directions to feed the kids and take them outside when I needed to finish it. Nothing is worse than having to to read in the day and then when the end is upon you, you have to put the book down.

Let me tell you something, this book was worth the almost 2 years I waited to read it. Fallon amps up the mystery, drama, romance and action in SHADOW OF THE MARK! To think that the week her last roun
Dorine White
Jul 25, 2013 rated it liked it
The Story-
This sequel takes place soon after Carrier of the Mark. We find Megan going to her first day of Fifth Year in Ireland. Adam and twin sister Aine are there too, but older brother Rian is off studying with the Dublin order. On the first day of school we meet knew student, Chloe. She quickly joins in with Megan and her friends, although Adam feels that she is hiding something.

Adam and Megan are working on their feelings for each other, and still hiding the fact that Megan's kisses affect
Charlotte
Dec 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, first-reads
I as given an ARC by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Their love could destroy them all.

Megan and Adam—Air and Water—are determined to defy the risks.

But the power that swirls inside Megan is growi
Ally
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
__There is SPOILING in this Review__

I do not know why, but I was drawn to Book Two at the Library.
Actually, I do know why. I give books a chance, even if I thought the first one was NOT something I would ever recommend nor would I pick up ever again for that matter.

Anyway, this book was A PINCH BETTER than the first.

For me, there was no darkness in Meghan's power. She was just taking Elements and then we find out at the end of the book WHY it was happening. And that wasn't even dark. It was wh
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Feeling excited to step into this world again, I found it very exciting with lots of action.

Plot: It leaves off where the last book left off, with Megan doing her best to control her powers. Not all is going well and not to mention that Megan is out of the loop a lot. I felt like the plot ran fast leaving the reader trailing behind. I did my best to catch up, but honestly, I hate being out on secrets.

Love: This part I enjoyed more cause of the tension that they give off. Megan and Adam are not o
Kira
Apr 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Megan is one of the Marked Ones and as a result there is a lot of pressure in her life. But to make matters worse she is in love with Adam, who is also marked, and according to the ancient rules romance between Marked Ones is forbidden because of its dangerous results. Megan and Adam are willing to do anything to protect their love—but at what cost?

I am honestly torn when it comes to Shadow of the Mark--I neither loved it nor did I hate it. It started out a little bit slower than I would have l
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Shadow Of The Mark is the greatest sequel I have read in a long time. Fallon has a way with writing a story that grips you right from the very beginning and keeping you there to the end. This story is about love and so much more.

Megan and Adam are destined to be together or are they? How can a love be so right and so wrong? How can Megan love Adam and Adam love Megan knowing that they are both marked and the marked can never be with each other. If they do come together there will be dire consequ
Kimiko-K
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
As this book's precursor, the action explodes at once and you can't stop reading until you are at the last page.

SPOILER (note to self):
4th royal blood is Clauin (Deception), meant to take the elements for herself
Orders wants to stop the full circle so the marked ones will carry on in the human blood as they don't want to lose power
An ciorcal imolan is the combination of 4 elements to call forth the fifth element (spirit) so the power will go back to Danu, as she intended
Petra, Hugh & Cu R pa
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Naturals (The Lost Souls, #2)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • The Impossibility of Tomorrow (Incarnation, #2)
  • Eternity (The Fury Trilogy, #3)
  • Inevitable (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #3)
  • This Strange and Familiar Place (So Close to You, #2)
  • The Stone Demon (The Iron Witch, #3)
  • Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock (The Chronicles of A, #1)
  • Glass Heart (Cold Kiss, #2)
  • After Daybreak (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #3)
  • A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly, #2)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • Untitled (Winter Saga, #3)
  • Friendship on Fire
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • The Gathering Dark
In short

I was born in South Africa, raised in Dublin, Ireland and moved to Cork in my 20’s. While living in beautiful Kinsale, Co Cork I discovered a love of writing. I write mainly for the young adult market. My current book, The Carrier of the Mark, prompted me to abandon my ‘riveting’ career in corporate treasury and have been writing ever since. I have another three books in the Carrier series

Carrier (3 books)
  • Carrier of the Mark (Carrier, #1)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)