Start by marking “The Shirt Off His Back: 30 Projects for Transforming Everday Shirts Into a Variety of Home Accessories” as Want to Read:

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Start with several shirts that nobody plans to wear any more, add some imagination, and the resulting product can be anything from a good-looking checked chair cover or a brightly patterned beach bag to a set of table napkins or a soft stuffed toy that will delight a lucky toddler. The principle guiding this fascinating crafts book is that recycling isn't merely virtuous-- ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Barron's Educational Series

To ask other readers questions about The Shirt Off His Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shirt Off His Back

Helen Moyes
Mar 03, 2013 added it
Shelves: sewing
Didn't learn anything from browsing this book but I'm already into using garments for fabric. If you are wanting ideas to avoid buying new fabric then worth a browse.

If you have ever bought a shirt you liked for someone and they don't wear it, then you could always ask for it back to practice an idea from this book!
Louise Armstrong
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
I have a pile of men's shirts in gorgeous cotton which have been ruined by deodorant stains in one tiny area, but unfortunately, after looking carefully at all 30 projects, I still have that pile. There was little here that suited my taste, and the one or two I liked I have no use for. It's a brilliant idea and worth a look because if you found a project you liked, it would be so worth it.
Kate
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafty
Wow, what a ridiculously large and awesome set of craft ideas using men's shirts!! As always, not every pattern had me wanting to raid Chris' closet, but quite a few have me eagerly anticipating some nice, abandoned shirts to reuse! (Granted, I'll probably just go to the $2 sale instead...)
X-626