Start by marking “The Hunter/Farmer Diet Solution: Do You Have the Metabolism of a Hunter or a Farmer? Find Out...and Achieve Your Health and Weight-Loss Goals” as Want to Read:

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  98 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
     Americans are overweight, and they’re getting heavier. Other than wanting to perform invasive surgical procedures, most doctors offer little help. Their advice is usually “Eat less, exercise more,” which falls back on the outdated dogma of calories in/calories out. Medical research on dieting is confusing and often contradictory. Not only are physicians unsure about w ...more
Published April 1st 2012 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about The Hunter/Farmer Diet Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunter/Farmer Diet Solution

Sara Thompson
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Mark Liponis works as a doctor at the Canyon Ranch (an upscale diet center). Over the years, he believes he has found the secret to weight loss and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I can’t say I agree or disagree but I enjoyed his book. His theory is based on a sort of common sense.
The idea is that anthropologically speaking we have evolved to need a particular diet. In Mark Liponis’ book, he identifies two types of diets – The Hunter and The Farmer. Placement in one diet or the other is based o
Crystal
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I’m not a huge fan of diets, especially dieting books, because I don’t believe there’s a magic solution to weight loss. Furthermore, I’m a thin person and I always have been, so I usually look to diet advice as more of a stay healthy kind of thing, rather than to lose weight. As a result, I don’t typically pay a whole lot of attention to whatever diet craze is going on at the time, and I admittedly have never read an entire diet related book.

I learned about the Hunter/Farmer Diet Solution while
GONZA
Jan 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Good information about food and the difference that could be between people that eat like farmer and people that eat life hunters. Good to know, but not so easy to apply without recipes...

Alcune buone informazioni sulle eventuali differenze tra coloro che mangiano come contadini (maggioranza di carboidrati) e coloro che mangiano come cacciatori (maggioranza di proteine animali). Buono a sapersi ma sarebbero state informazioni più utili se fossero state corredate da ricette...

THANKS TO NETGALLEY
Kim
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting book and describes me to a "t". My only disappointment is that the book does don't give you dietary guidelines for weight loss. The authors tells you to eat a low fat or high protein diet but does not share how much you should eat. Quick read and I highly recommend.
Fredrick Danysh
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: medical-health
Human metabolisms are divided into two types: the farmer and the hunter based on nutritional needs. Dietary requirements are explored for each as are health risks. Some recipes are included. The book contains a lot of medical jargon.
Andd Becker
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
The author believes wholeheartedly in dieters labeling themselves as either hunters or farmers. Doesn't such classifying complicate the task of changing food habits? Must a person be in either one category or the other?
Brandi
May 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Did not give as much advise as I was hoping for.
Bonnie
May 23, 2012 rated it liked it
It gave a few good tips - but I think most of it has been presented before by other authors. Blood type diet, body shape diet etc.
Julia
May 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Easy to understand read.
Jamie
Jul 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting information and helpful. Wish it has more example meals for each type and people's stories.
Caroline
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it
I think I am a farmer...
kathy
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
really enjoyed this book. interesting about two body types & how to approach dieting & food choices. lots of information about health too. very interesting!!
Joan L Peirce
rated it did not like it
Apr 07, 2015