Start by marking “Black Rock Coffin Makers” as Want to Read:
Black Rock Coffin Makers

Black Rock Coffin Makers

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  193 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The Black Rock Coffin Makers

Cattleman Jum Gatlin isn't the kind of man who goes looking for a fight. But he never turns away when one comes looking for him. And that's just what happens when he finds himself mistaken for another man - a man who has some very dangerous enemies.

Like it or not, Gatlin is a dead ringer for the only man in town who stands between the ruthless
Audio, 0 pages
Published November 6th 2007 by Random House Audio (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Black Rock Coffin Makers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Rock Coffin Makers

HBalikov
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It has been several decades since I read any cowboy tale by Louis L’Amour. I might give him another chance but it won’t be on the basis of Black Rock Coffin Makers (a bad title for this mediocre book).

This story has only the usual elements: Jim Garlin, a square-jawed, honest guy with a lot of money in hand from a recently completed cattle drive who finds himself in a strange town at the wrong time. He is mistaken for a local guy who has the right to bid on a nice big ranch whose owner recently d
JD Sutter
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haven't read any L'Amour in quite awhile! It was great to go through this story again. Love it!
Kathy Worrell  ツ
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this audio novella.

The story was captivating and moved along very quickly.

Louis L'Amour writes a great western.

May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pass-the-time
I think I'll read more L'Amour. I enjoyed the setting and characters - good light reading.
Alicia
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this quick western. It was pretty good. I thought it ended abruptly and was suddenly all wrapped up.
Jill
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: american-lit
A bit of nostalgia from my growing up days. I never read much Louis L'Amour, but my dad had and read them all. I saw this available as an audiobook and thought I might as well. It was a fun enough short story - fairly predictable (which is pretty standard for a L'Amour), but I did love the closing scene.
Stacy
Feb 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western
I found this on my library's audiobook site and was happy to stumble on a western short story. I have been challenging myself to branch out into other genres and western is hard for me to get into. This was a good short story - cowboys, sheriff, cattle drive, and gunfights...all in one hour!
Danny Faraday
Oct 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
It ended abruptly and didnt have much character. I found that the gun fights were not gripping because I didn't know enough about the characters to be concerned at the thought of their deaths. Overall not very exciting.
Mayda
Mar 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, western
This is the western version of a hostile takeover. When one man wants a ranch bad enough to kill for it, stopping him takes both courage and luck. With an interesting plot and assortment of typical western characters both good and bad, L’Amour never fails to entertain his readers.
Deborah Boutwell
simple story, quick listen to, only 58 minutes long
Jennifer Golden
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 2013
good story
Tracy Gilson
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Single CD that is set up like a play with different people giving voice to characters. Has sound effects. I loved it. Louis L'Amour is classic.
VAReckman
Feb 06, 2018
GL Skye
Sep 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Badger Boy (Texas Rangers, #2)
  • The Killing Season (Trail of  the Gunfighter, #2)
  • The Violent Land (The Family Jensen, #3)
  • Wanderer of the Wasteland
  • The Reckoning (Jess Williams, #1)
  • Nevada! (Wagons West, #8)
  • Forty Lashes Less One
  • Blue-Eyed Devil (Virgil Cole & Everett Hitch, #4)
  • Robert B. Parker's The Bridge (Virgil Cole & Everett Hitch, #7)
-Wikipedia