Start by marking “The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers, #1)

The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  1,849 Ratings  ·  174 Reviews
First in a thrilling military romantic suspense series based on the real-life elite helicopter pilots who transport Navy SEALs and Delta Force teams in and out of combat and covert missions. (SOAR are the heroes of Black Hawk Down.)

Buchman's heroine flys the most dangerous military ops and tries to find the one man who can be a hero in her own life. Ace-pilot Captain Emily
Published February 7th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published October 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Night Is Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Is Mine

Kat Latham
Jan 23, 2012 rated it liked it
This military suspense romance pulled me in before shoving me away.

Captain Emily Beale is the best helicopter pilot Major Mark Henderson has ever seen. He’s her commanding officer in Afghanistan, where they both fly for SOAR, the elite group of helicopter pilots who get special forces into—and out of—the most dangerous missions.

Mark has to be careful to hide how much he loves flying with Emily, not just because it could cost one or both of them their careers in the Army but because she deserves
Jenn Scranton
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Captain Beale, you go girl! Major Mark... crafty ;)

The best way to review this story is just stating what I like and didn't like, because much like the story preached, it is black and white, no gray area.

What I liked:
I liked the relationship tension between the Captain and the Major first and foremost. Plus, I love that Emily Beale was badass!!! The story definately took turns that I did not see coming and I enjoy the surprises lurking around the corners.

What I didn't like:
Okay, you can definate
Angela James
Nov 01, 2011 rated it liked it
I got an ARC of this from Sourcebooks via NetGalley.

This is a book that left me feeling a bit conflicted. I thought the military aspects were very well done--the detail that went into making us feel the hero and heroine were actually helicopter pilots was superb, and the first chapter really caught me up in the action and the setup. I couldn't wait to see more of this.

Unfortunately, the story lost me after the great opening. I still enjoyed the military details, but the story premise and plot w
Christi Snow
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Whoa! At the 97% mark, I still couldn't figure out how this book was going to end. IT. WAS. SO. FREAKING. GOOD!!! Full review to come, after I let the story stew for a bit in my mind. Really an excellent book!!

My Review:
I don't even know where to start this review because I loved this book so much. Seriously, from page 1, I could not put this book down and when I was sitting at the 97% point in the book, I still couldn't see how there was going to be an HEA. OMG, it was so good, so suspenseful,
Anne OK
Oct 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
A very exciting and action-packed opening to ML Buchman's new military romantic suspense series. Probably more suspense than romance, but it worked for me. Plenty of military language and details abound in this deep seated and edgy plot. The romance was believable, sweet, tender and hot. The characters were well-defined and likable in so many ways. I look forward to Mr. Buchman's second book in this series to be released in August 2012.
Cheryl McNeil
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I spent several of my undergraduate years engrossed in gender studies. But a guy writing trashy romance novels for women? That made me do a double-take. I couldn’t help myself from buying one of his (M.L. Buchman) books to see for myself what his mass market romance, complete with (hot) pink cursive title and (very hot) beefcake on the cover would read like. My verdict? It reads like a guy wrote it. And there’s something hot about that. I mean, we (educated, normally level-headed) women who have ...more
Luli
You can find this review in English below.

Básicamente necesitarás dos cosas para disfrutar de esta historia:
-Altas dosis de credulidad y
-Amor incondicional por los helicópteros, preferiblemente de combate.

Estas dos herramientas son las que te van a permitir disfrutar de esta historia sin fin. En caso contrario, como ha sido el mío, te va a aburrir un poco.

Si tan sólo el argumento hubiese sido más realista, más creíble, con menos agujeros, hubiese podido pasar por alto las interminables descripci
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
2.5*; rounded up for GR
Emily is the first female fighter pilot in the 160th Airwing. Mark is her captain. Good start; flying missions in Afghanistan. Emily is then called to the US to work undercover as a chef for the First Lady. Someone is trying to kill her. Maybe.
I liked the mystery of what was happening, the who-done-it. Emily is mostly perfect. There doesn't seem to be anything she can't do. I liked her, but didn't love her. The same goes for Mark. I was invested enough that I wanted to se
Lover of Romance
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review
Summary
Emily Beale is the first woman to fly for the SOAR, which is some of the best black hawk pilots in the coutrny or even the world. Over the past couple months, she has been ordered to go on dangerous missions, so she has been working her tail off to prove herself. But she is shocked when CNN does a feature on her, which didn't exactly point out her flying talents, more of her cooking techniques and her being a woman...not what sh
Sandy M
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A hard-as-steel Army major who’s the best Black Hawk pilot. A captain who is his equal in everything but rank. An attraction as hot and heavy as the Afghanistan desert they work in lies between them, one that can’t be acted on. A sudden reassignment stateside removes the captain from her beloved flying, leaves her grounded – in the White House?

Oh, yeah, this book has as many twists and turns as that old Mississippi. Maybe even more. And through it all, the sparks arcing between Major Mark Hender
Sarah Eiseman
Jan 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book was a DNF for me. I really, REALLY tried to give this book the benefit of the doubt for many reasons. I had a really difficult time believing the basis of the story--the first lady doesn't have a full kitchen staff? WHAT?! The romance was fine, but took forever to get up to speed. The action writing was excellent and I might see if this author has any non-romance books that are good. This was my first time reading a male-authored romance. The writing was decent, I just couldn't get pas ...more
Ab2y (압랄)
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book had a lot of mess in it (pilots (SOAR) , military , FBI , the first lady , secret-agents , chefs and mommy issues) , it's a new read to me where a heroine is actually is military ops , she's not a needy brat nor i need no man bitch .
When you see a military romance the plot is automaticly about a guy but this book is about Ace-pilot Captain Emily Beale but as usual she's trying to prove herself as a woman in the military .
I liked Major Mark Henderson character and how he always had her
Sanny
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is one of the author’s earliest military romances, but it remains one of his best. In these early full-length books the characters are beautifully developed, and the events are drawn in such detail that the reader is brought right into the story. The battle and crashing helicopter scenes are thrilling!

The later books in the series cannot compare, unfortunately. Though enjoyable, they don’t show the care and craftsmanship that the early SOAR works do.
Lais Roque
I WILL REREAD THIS BOOK UNTIL THE END OF MY LIFEEEEE

LOVED.
Marlene
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
See all my reviews at http://www.readingreality.net/
The Night is Mine by M. L. Buchman has got to be the lightest-weight military-oriented romantic suspense story I've ever read, in spite of the number of times the heroine gets injured. What I'm saying is that I found the story to be a tremendous amount of fun, and I absolutely got sucked way into it the first night, but that I totally checked my reality-meter at the door. And I had a wilder ride than any of the chopper pilots in the story!

Let's
Jess
Dec 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: 3.5/5

…when Captain Emily Beale flew ten tons of armored attack helicopter into battle, it was absolutely the sexiest thing he’d ever seen.

This story has a great, fast paced beginning. We’re taken right to Emily’s current home and family, with her team heading out on missions. We get proof early on about what a top pilot she is when she risks it all trying to get a Delta Force team member out of an impossible location. She thrives under press
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-suspense
Emily Beale lives to fly helicopters. Being the first and only female pilot to fly helicopters for SOAR (Special Operations Aviation Regiment), she is a big deal. These SOAR pilots are the rebels of the bunch. They wear their hair long, and have beards, to blend in wherever they are stationed. Currently she is running missions in Afghanistan. SOAR helicopters provide Special Forces with nighttime transpiration and protection. She is the best of the best, and strives everyday to maintain this. On ...more
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
The Night is Mine is a fast paced thrill ride of action and romance taking readers from the sweltering deserts of Afghanistan to the dazzling glitters of the White House.

Emily Beale is the first woman SOAR pilot and she is determined to prove that she has what it takes. Not shying away from the risky missions, she gets her crew in and out of tight situations with a cool head quickly earning the respect of her fellow soldiers and her hard-ass but sexy commanding officer, The Viper. When she is s
Heather Book Savvy Babe
I very much enjoyed reading The Night Is Mine, a book full of action, suspense, and a heroine who speaks "guy." Before I began reading this book, I was looking over reviews, and there were some mixed opinions, making me even more curious about this book. With an open mind, I began reading The Night Is Mine, and from the beginning I was drawn into this thrilling adventure.

I love the heroine of this story, Emily Beale. Emily is a tough, kick-butt heroine who doesn't put up with crap. She is an ext
Deb
Two and half stars. It started off great and steadily went downhill until reaching its utterly ludicrous ending. Buchman's strength is relating detailed, plausible sounding action sequences involving a helicopter. Unfortunately, every other element of the story left something to be desired. The characterizations were flat, the story preposterous, and the pacing was glacial.

Emily, the heroine started out as one kick-ass lady, who over the course of the book became a cartoon superwoman, able to do
The_Book_Queen
The review that follows is a partial review. To read my full review, please visit: http://tbqspersonalbookpalace.blogspo...

~*~*~
What do you get when you combine a high-paced adventure with a sexy SOAR couple and a bit of edge-of-your-seat suspense? One hell of a ride!

Emily Beale, Captain in the rarely heard of SOAR division of the Army, is not a wimpy heroine, nor is she the social butterfly her mother had always hoped for. Instead, she's a tough woman, strong. One who knows what she wants (to f
Darcy
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Darcy by: Heather T
This book was so much fun to read, mostly because for a great portion of the book I couldn't figure out the bad guy or just where the story was going to go.

I loved that Emily was one of the few elite helicopter pilots. I also loved that she didn't try to be super manly, yes she did fit in with the guys, but the guys respected her too based on her actions.

I hated the whole yanked to the White House detail that came up. If I had been Emily I would have been so pissed!! But this cush job turned ou
~Leslie~
Sep 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook-aldiko
3.5 stars There is so much to like in this first book in a series about female helicopter pilots in an elite fighting group. An intriguing aspect of these books is that they are written by a man and are billed as romance. And for the most part it was a pretty successful start. Emily Beale is a decorated pilot in a notoriously difficult to get into group of pilots - SOAR also called Night Stalkers. She is the daughter of the FBI Director, childhood friend to the President and a chef. She is calle ...more
Sunny
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a LOT more complicated than the summary would suggest. I am really torn about how to rate this book. This is a highly suspenseful story (+), if a little implausible. However, it is mired in too much jargon. I've learned more than I ever wanted know about piloting a helicopter. Actually, I didn't learn that much because I had no context to understand the specialized language. I guess I could've carries around a helicopter manual and that might have helped. So I was going to give this ...more
Gail
Dang, this one was good. It's a slam-bang military- slash- political thriller with a solid romance and some good technical helicopter stuff. It's one of those you hate to get to the end of because you want more of it. Fortunately, there are more books. Yay! Um, this is the one with the lady pilot who's dragged out of Afghanistan to be chef for the First Lady, and then there are plots against her (both FL and pilot) life. The first of the series.
Cindy
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
The Night is Mine is the perfect mix of action and romance. Since I read Pure Heat first, I loved learning about Emily and Mark Henderson's beginnings. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that enjoys military/suspense/romance.
Julie
Jun 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense
A decent premise for the story but at times the writing did not seem to flow. Do not know if it was a glitch from the publisher or just the authors style.
Stephanie Williams
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Luved it cant wait to read the other books from the series
Kathy
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: action, strong-women
Tracy
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Action-Packed Free Fall into Danger and Suspense
Captain Emily Beale may have been born to fly, but she chose to both be the best and fly the best. She's the only woman to ever qualify to fly with the Night Stalkers, the Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR), flying Black Hawk helicopters in combat in service to her country. In achieving that goal she's fought tirelessly to be perfect, to fit into a world where only men dare tread, fighting more than a war - battling stereotype and preju
Play Book Tag: The Night is Mine - M. L. Buchman - 5 stars 2 8 Mar 31, 2016 03:14PM
  • Hot Zone (Elite Force #2)
  • Deadly Descent (Bagram Special Ops, #1)
  • Rev It Up (Black Knights Inc., #3)
  • Red Heat (Men In Uniform, #1)
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • Killing Time (One Eyed Jacks, #1)
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Midnight Rescue (Killer Instincts, #1)
M.L. Buchman has over 50 novels and 40 short stories in print. Military romantic suspense titles from his Night Stalker, Firehawks, and Delta Force series have been named Booklist “Top 10 Romance of the Year”: 2012, 2015, & 2016. His Delta Force series opener, Target Engaged, was a 2016 Romance Writers of America RITA finalist. In addition to romance, he also writes thrillers, fantasy, and sci ...more
More about M.L. Buchman

The Night Stalkers (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • I Own the Dawn (The Night Stalkers, #2)
  • Daniel's Christmas (The Night Stalkers 3)
  • Wait Until Dark (The Night Stalkers, #4)
  • Frank's Independence Day (The Night Stalkers #5)
  • Peter's Christmas
  • Take Over at Midnight (The Night Stalkers, #7)
  • Light Up the Night (The Night Stalkers, #8)
  • Christmas at Steel Beach (The Night Stalkers #9)
  • Bring on the Dusk (The Night Stalkers, #10)
  • Target of the Heart (The Night Stalkers #11)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)