Start by marking “math exchanges” as Want to Read:
math exchanges

Kassia Omohundro Wedekind

math exchanges

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating details ·  3 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
This book isn't published yet but it was available on the Stenhouse website so I read it online...Fantastic! I know the way we teach math doesn't make any sense but I've never been able to figure out how to get kids to see math in the real world. Reading this book made me say "DUHH" out loud many times. I will certainly get it when it is published next month!

To ask other readers questions about math exchanges, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about math exchanges

Laura Komos
I would highly recommend this book to primary teachers who are ready to transform their math instruction and create a math workshop. Kassia makes thoughtful connections between literacy workshops and math workshop as she guides the reader through the Cognitively Guided Instruction that she uses. Her "Try it out" sections made it very easy to implement in my classroom! I've already put many of her ideas to use and am looking forward to transforming my first graders into mathematical thinkers!
Meredith
Nov 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is for primary but it still gave me some good ideas. It also helps me think about why my students do certain things
Franki Sibberson