Start by marking “Barn Owl” as Want to Read:
Barn Owl

Barn Owl

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
A comprehensive introduction to the elusive barn owl.

Given their largely nocturnal existence, few of us are lucky enough to glimpse a barn owl. But with the advent of minicams in backyard nesting boxes, birdwatchers can enjoy real-time online viewing of barn owls. Not surprisingly, interest in barn owls and wild birds in general is increasing.

Barn Owl reveals these r
Published September 8th 2011 by Firefly Books (first published February 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Barn Owl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Barn Owl

Tracy
Dec 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beautiful photography of these gorgeous birds saved this book from being a 2. The content was somewhat interesting, but got mired down in too many statistics. I would have liked to known where the photos were taken, since the author discussed barn owls all around the world. Barn owls are quick becoming a favorite.
Alivia
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was all about owls. What I learned about the Barn Owl book is that 37% of barn owls only live to be 1 years old. But the rest of that 73% of barn owls will live to be 3 years old. I also learned that owls when they are flying have silent feather. This means that when they are flying or trying to catch their pray there wings don't make noise. This is what makes them such good hunters. Lastly I learned owls have about 10-11 feathers per wing. I liked this book a lot because I love owls a ...more
Diane Warrington
Beautiful photography and a text that explains with just the right amount of information. Five years ago on a bus journey from Bath to London I saw a barn owl on a fence post in the late dusk. A sight I will never forget.
Vinny
Jun 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant, not so detailed that a casual reader will be put off, but also enough science and statistics to satisfy the scientific-minded too.
Amy Derwae
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, but very informative. Gorgeous photos! If you love owls or even just birds and/or animals in general, this book is worthwhile.
Becca